Photo Managment / Renaming Tools?

TexasDave

Apologies if this is not in the right place - happy to move it.

I know many folks use unRAID to store their photos and home videos. I am fianlly getting round to cleaning up family photos from the past 20+ years. 🙂

Any recomendation for a Digital Asset Manager for home photos on unRAID? My priorities are the following:

• Renaming folders so they make sense and have a time stamp
  • Then renaming the files in each folder to reflect the above
  • Once my folders are in place, I will keep the originals in one place on unRAID and in the unRAID cloud backup
  • Upload the folders in high res to Google Photos so I can use their edit tools to cleanup the photos
  • Download the cleaned up, high rez version and put these in a seperate area on unRAID and my unRAID cloud backup.

For the folder and file renaming work - I can also access the folders and files in W10 so open to using a W10 tool to do this bit.

I am not a profesional and am not concerned with uploading my photos to Google photos to do the cleanup.

Looking for some advice from others who have done this. What worked for you and what would you do different (lessons learned). Thanks!!

Edited by TexasDave
  • 1 month later...