How to only store data on Cache pool?

I have a tiny 16GB USB as a disk1 driver and that's it for the main array pool. The cache pool has two m.2's. I thought I set to use cache only for the shares but its not very straight forward to manage what is on the data disk (I have no idea) yet it has 9GB or so used now. How do I erase that content and make sure it's stored on the cache pool instead?

image.png.db5b17fbfcca63e77447b0831c5c3ecf.png

My shares look like this:

image.thumb.png.39b29fb2afca504725808d96bc1d7f12.png

Looks like it's isos that are somehow mapped to the disk drive but the settings are the same for each share (use cache pool for new files/folders). Seems to have bugged out and flipped back somehow?

Yep, You need to select Only if you want data to stay Only on the Cache. 

like itimpi said. If you click on the text with your cursor it should provide you with a floating ? and give you a drop down help dialog so you can be more informed. 

Also if I recall if you select Only and then click on the Mover button it should move it back automatically. 

Just remember any other setting than Only will use your Cache as a temp spot before moving it to the array. Obviously if you choose NO it will bypass the Cache and go directly to the array, which of course isn't your objective here. 

• Thanks 1

When setting up a share, the cache part can be difficult to grasp at first.

There are two element that can help you :

1. the built in help, just clic on the text and the help will show up.

image.thumb.png.cc04a8c7a3af1b6870ce470d370f7045.png

2. there is a specific field that describe how the mover will work with the setting that is selected

image.thumb.png.28e1e2d613a92007746c3f1706c00a3b.png

image.thumb.png.74fbfa7417b5910ff348790f85d8caee.png

image.thumb.png.bbf9bfc6dcf38196342c7b1e9811c796.png

image.thumb.png.d1b8318102dcd051a4b565425c0836cf.png

With those two thing to look at, you should be able to set up your share appropriately.

• Thanks 1