Unraid Official Discord Server

jonp

In addition to the public availability of the My Servers plugin, we also wanted to let everyone know about our new Unraid Community Discord Server!  As great as the forums are for providing support and long-hand conversations, sometimes you just want to chat with someone in real-time.  Discord gives us that ability and is just another great way to communicate.

If you're not familiar with Discord, you can create an account and download their apps at discord.gg.  Once done, you can join our discord server using this link:

https://discord.unraid.net

Please note that we do require you to link your Unraid.net forum account in order to join our discord server.  Your username will be automatically set to match your display name here.  This is done in order to prevent impersonation of other community members.  No exceptions will be made to this policy.

We intend to do more and more with Discord over time, as it is a powerful platform with lots of intriguing possibilities for our community.  Join today and be a part of the conversation!!

Also we want to give a special thanks to the guys who are running the Unofficial Discord Server @Roxedusand @GilbN (and if I'm missing anyone else, please forgive me).  They were fantastic in helping us and the community and will be moderators in our server as well.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • jonp pinned this topic

I’m trying to follow the rule re matching name - I already have a discord account for another forum with the same rule. I tried to change my username on here but there’s no option to do so. I also tried setting up a new account so I can get on discord that way but I keep getting this message -

You are not permitted to register a user account with this site.

Error code: 2S129/1

Are you able to help me either change username or setup another forum account?

I’m trying to follow the rule re matching name - I already have a discord account for another forum with the same rule. I tried to change my username on here but there’s no option to do so. I also tried setting up a new account so I can get on discord that way but I keep getting this message -

You are not permitted to register a user account with this site.
Error code: 2S129/1

Are you able to help me either change username or setup another forum account?

You can use your existing Discord account, as you can have nicknames, which is what the bot sets
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • 4 months later...
 Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1264 

is what i get when i try to use the link in the first post if you just click on it. if you copy the link then open up a new tab and paste it in, the page actually comes up

Edited by zoggy
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 12:17 AM, zoggy said:

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1264 

is what i get when i try to use the link in the first post if you just click on it. if you copy the link then open up a new tab and paste it in, the page actually comes up

Same error here.

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2021 at 2:10 PM, ljm42 said:

Would you mind trying in a private window / incognito window? 

Still didn't work...I am logged into Discord on the computer and mobile app. I tried the mobile QR scanner, says I am ready to talk but the channel doesn't show up then I get an error page on here.

20 hours ago, zoggy said:

just take link, open up a new tab and put it in. for whatever reason it will not work if you try to do it directly from within the forum

Still won't work...I don't know why limetech just can't post an invite link instead of linking through the forum.

If someone can just invite me, here's my discord username: Fuggin#3966

The main reason we link through the forum is to make sure that user nick's in Discord match that of the forum.  We want to avoid any potential user impersonation there and provide some consistency to the names seen on Discord as to what you see here in the forums.

Can you screen cap exactly the process you're going through and share that with me so I can see all the specific of what you're doing and what messages you're seeing?  I can then setup a separate test Discord account to try and recreate the issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...