My Servers Early Access Plugin

jonp

Is there a way to remove all Servers from my account without loosing the account? Can I do that or do I need to address that to you? If yes, would you please ...

For whatever reason I do have two instances of one particular server in my dashboard (TowerVM02).

Thanks in advance.

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by hawihoney
11 minutes ago, taafedi1 said:

Hello toghether, 

The Plugin is working fine, but even i restart my Unraid i need to manually restart the API with

unraid-api restart

is it a known issiue? 
BR

Yes, sorry for the inconvenience. I have a ticket open to fix this. 

• Like 1

I have the port forwarded from my server and I can see everything on that side checks out, how ever, when I go to the "My Servers" page on unraid.net, I am unable to gain access to my server remotely. 

I'm running a unifi Dream Machine Pro and I have the security settings for the firewall cranked way up. I'm assuming I'm blocking something, but does anyone have experience with this?

2021-06-14 09_48_31-Window.png

Hi eagle470,

you can go to Settings --> Access Configurations "My Servers" --> click the "Check" button. If your configuration is correct you should get a message like in the picture. If not, you may have set the WAN to LAN NAT rule incorrectly. 
If the check was successful you have the same problem as me. Then try to restart the Unraid API. 
Open a SSH session or use the terminal in Unraid and execute the command unraid-api restart.

Then it should work. 

image.png.b254f0b5049d2ff5dbd31ca970fcea98.png

BR, taafedi1

Thanks @taafedi1! Just to clarify one point for @eagle470 ... as long as the My Servers dashboard sees your system as "Offline", it will show "Access Unavailable". Restarting the API should get you into an "Online" state. Admittedly this is difficult to do if you are currently away from home :) part of why we are in beta

5 hours ago, taafedi1 said:

Hi eagle470,

you can go to Settings --> Access Configurations "My Servers" --> click the "Check" button. If your configuration is correct you should get a message like in the picture. If not, you may have set the WAN to LAN NAT rule incorrectly. 
If the check was successful you have the same problem as me. Then try to restart the Unraid API. 
Open a SSH session or use the terminal in Unraid and execute the command unraid-api restart.

Then it should work. 

image.png.b254f0b5049d2ff5dbd31ca970fcea98.png

BR, taafedi1

Seems to have taken a while to start working, it's coming up now.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or an issue on my side.

Yesterday this all worked fine for me but today not so.

Only change on my network was an update to my Pfsense but this was to fix the broken routing issues on the current release.

I can confirm that other forwarded ports (ie Nextcloud) work just fine but My Servers wont.

It is showing as Online in Myservers with Remote Access shown in green but will not connect.

Checking the port from the settings page in unraid also shows that is isn't reachable.

Any ideas?

My server sits behind an Open VPN connection while my PC has direct access to the net if that help?

I have also tried the api restart that has been mentioned to no effect.

image.png.18377d073d0459fa4095ba52c31943d9.png

image.png.b4a783bb1df75d8c4bcf020f763b8c25.png

image.png

and yes, I'm a follower of SpaceInvaderOne

Edited by daveo132
2 hours ago, daveo132 said:

That being said.

Do I have a conflict here?

image.png.868134b76434a7275cc6da01b26627fe.png

Nexcloud also uses these ports and was it just luck that it was working yesterday?

I'm no expert in Networking, learning as I go.

If there was a conflict on port 443 you probably wouldn't be able to take these screenshots.

What url are you using to generate these screenshots? (feel free to obfuscate your personal hash in the url)

Is Nextcloud working? What url are you using to access it?

2 hours ago, daveo132 said:

My server sits behind an Open VPN connection while my PC has direct access to the net if that help?

I am not sure how to interpret this. For your initial tests you should put the PC and Unraid on the same network (and not directly connected to the Internet) so you can access Unraid and Nextcloud directly, without any kind of VPN software or port forwarding required. 

• Thanks 1

since yesterday my syslog is getting filled with these:

flash_backup: adding task: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/scripts/UpdateFlashBackup.php update

yesterday i stopped/started array in order to rebuild a disk that had xfs errors.

i had disabled my dockers and vms, only started them after ensuring that there were no problems after array stated.

unraid is still in the process of rebuilding my disk. is this why these events are appearing?

not sure if its related - 

i had to do unraid-api restart because myservers plugin wasn't connected to mothership. i think that's when the log started filling with these entries.

i actually need to do unraid-api restart every time unraid is restarted otherwise myservers won't be connected to mothership.

i think its because I'm using pfsense VM and when myserver plugin starts, internet connection is still not available.

is there a fix for this?

thanks.

correction - there was no disk rebuild, disk is still disabled but currently being emulated. xfs errors have been resolved. so the flash_backup task in syslog is not caused by rebuilding any disk.

i also read that some have found that myservers plugin causes disks to be constantly spinning. i have noticed this too. has the cause of this been determined?

silometalico-diagnostics-20210621-0907.zip

Edited by limawaken
8 hours ago, ljm42 said:

If there was a conflict on port 443 you probably wouldn't be able to take these screenshots.

What url are you using to generate these screenshots? (feel free to obfuscate your personal hash in the url)

Is Nextcloud working? What url are you using to access it?

I am not sure how to interpret this. For your initial tests you should put the PC and Unraid on the same network (and not directly connected to the Internet) so you can access Unraid and Nextcloud directly, without any kind of VPN software or port forwarding required. 

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

This is the url for the screen shots https://PERSONALHASH.unraid.net/Dashboard

If I type in the IP address of my server, this is where it sends me, note the missing port number.

Nextcloud is working perfectly and I am accessing it using its Web Address (ie. nextcloud.mysite.etc)

Sorry,

What I mean is that I use 2 gateways on my network.

I've set the default as the VPN Gateway and have rules setup that things like my desktop and laptop get routed directly to the WAN Gateway.

It allows me to run NordVPN on those machines (sometimes vpn connections cause more issues etc) so I can choose if I'm on a VPN or not.

Otherwise everything is on the same LAN, I don't use VLANs or multiple LANs at all.

I have tried setting all of that back to default (ie everything using the same Gateway) but it made no difference. 

Hope that helps.

Edited by daveo132

Ok,

I think I do have a conflict on 443.

I left everything overnight to ensure what I had working was working correctly (lots of test yesterday and it was late).

When I turned the Port Forward back on for My Server on 443 I could no longer access my nextcloud, turned that rule off and it works again.

7 hours ago, daveo132 said:

Ok,

I think I do have a conflict on 443.

Sorry, this is confusing :) Every time I get close to understanding, I see another detail that doesn't match my mental model of what is going on.

So let's go back to basics: Like you are saying, it sounds like there is a conflict on port 443. You cannot have both Nextcloud and the Unraid webgui running on port 443 on the same IP address. 

If Nextcloud is using port 443 on Unraid's main IP... you either need to adjust the Nextcloud docker to use something else or the Unraid webgui to use something else ( Settings -> Management Access -> HTTPS port). This is an internal port so it doesn't need to be obfuscated, something like 2443, 3443, 4443 would work fine.

Make the change, then adjust your port forwarding to match the change. When you are done you should not have port 443 as the destination port for two port forwards:

image.png

16 hours ago, limawaken said:

since yesterday my syslog is getting filled with these:

flash_backup: adding task: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/scripts/UpdateFlashBackup.php update

Please PM me your /var/log/gitflash file. The easiest way to get it is to open a web terminal and type:

cp /var/log/gitflash /boot

Then attach the gitflash file from the root of your flash drive.

i actually need to do unraid-api restart every time unraid is restarted otherwise myservers won't be connected to mothership.

i think its because I'm using pfsense VM and when myserver plugin starts, internet connection is still not available.

is there a fix for this?

Interesting. How long have you waited before restarting unraid-api? It should retry automatically on its own, although I don't think we have tested this particular scenario.

I also read that some have found that myservers plugin causes disks to be constantly spinning. i have noticed this too. has the cause of this been determined?

Yes, and resolved.

18 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

Sorry, this is confusing :) Every time I get close to understanding, I see another detail that doesn't match my mental model of what is going on.

So let's go back to basics: Like you are saying, it sounds like there is a conflict on port 443. You cannot have both Nextcloud and the Unraid webgui running on port 443 on the same IP address. 

If Nextcloud is using port 443 on Unraid's main IP... you either need to adjust the Nextcloud docker to use something else or the Unraid webgui to use something else ( Settings -> Management Access -> HTTPS port). This is an internal port so it doesn't need to be obfuscated, something like 2443, 3443, 4443 would work fine.

Make the change, then adjust your port forwarding to match the change. When you are done you should not have port 443 as the destination port for two port forwards:

image.png

So....

I made everything 4443.

Both options in management access and the port forward is 4443 to 4443.

The port is open, checked.

Still no joy.

Just says "took too long to respond." 

12 minutes ago, daveo132 said:

I made everything 4443.

Both options in management access and the port forward is 4443 to 4443.

Sorry, there are a couple of ways to interpret this :) Can you provide updated screenshots of:

* the Settings -> Management Access page

* the Settings -> Management Access -> My Servers page

* the port forward setup in your router

13 minutes ago, daveo132 said:

Still no joy.

Just says "took too long to respond."

What works and what doesn't?

* Local access to the webgui via https://hash.unraid.net:4443 ?

* Nextcloud via nextcloud.mysite.etc ?

* Remote Access to the webgui via https://www.hash.unraid.net:[WAN PORT] ?

Note that depending on how your router is setup, the Remote Access url may not work from inside your network (you need a specific feature called "hairpin NAT" for that to work.) So if you are testing Remote Access, try it from your phone when not on wifi.

17 hours ago, limawaken said:

I actually need to do unraid-api restart every time unraid is restarted otherwise myservers won't be connected to mothership.

is there a fix for this?

29 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

Interesting. How long have you waited before restarting unraid-api? It should retry automatically on its own, although I don't think we have tested this particular scenario.

Oops I replied here before checking my other messages. We found a potential cause that will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for reporting!

14 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

Sorry, there are a couple of ways to interpret this :) Can you provide updated screenshots of:

* the Settings -> Management Access page

* the Settings -> Management Access -> My Servers page

* the port forward setup in your router

* Local access to the webgui via https://hash.unraid.net:4443 ?

Note that depending on how your router is setup, the Remote Access url may not work from inside your network (you need a specific feature called "hairpin NAT" for that to work.) So if you are testing Remote Access, try it from your phone when not on wifi.

Sure thing :)

image.png.6676c0ab8722a67f62cab369bb8209e3.png

image.thumb.png.1d287457d63f17df3bfd507a302eeb11.png

image.thumb.png.24f2662106412b7bf5af057f2d067d8a.png

image.thumb.png.9b2afc662cf1836fd409d992c4d13404.png

image.thumb.png.a62bcc67c71c4e1d0d359cf928fcda63.png

* Local access to the webgui via https://hash.unraid.net:4443 ?

Local access works fine at https://hash.unraid.net:4443/dasboard

Nextcloud all fine

No remote access, tried on phone on 4G, same result.

Edited by daveo132

OK that all looks great

12 minutes ago, daveo132 said:

Local access works fine at https://hash.unraid.net:4443/dasboard

Nextcloud all fine

OK good, so no steps backwards :)

It shouldn't make a difference, but go to Settings -> Management Access -> My Servers page and toggle Remote Access off, Apply, then On, Apply. Just to make sure that with all the changes, this setting is being applied correctly.

What happens if you press the "Check" button on the Settings -> Management Access -> My Servers page, I'm guessing it will fail?

Please open a web terminal and type:

ping www.hash.unraid.net

(use your own hash url, with 'www' up front)

This will show you what IP address is being used for DDNS. Does it match the IP address you see when you go to this site?

https://www.whatismyip.com/

(having multiple gateways can cause an issue here)