My Servers Early Access Plugin

jonp

Just now, daveo132 said:

Its the VPN IP

OK, finally the problem :)

I see two options:

1) Setup Unraid to use your normal gateway. Then the www.hash.unraid.net DDNS will point at your router and the port forward will send the traffic to your server. This is the option we support.

2) Work with your VPN provider to forward port 4443 to your router. Then convince your router to push incoming VPN traffic on port 4443 to Unraid on port 4443. You might be able to get this working, but it is way out of scope for what I can help with.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

OK, finally the problem :)

I see two options:

1) Setup Unraid to use your normal gateway. Then the www.hash.unraid.net DDNS will point at your router and the port forward will send the traffic to your server. This is the option we support.

2) Work with your VPN provider to forward port 4443 to your router. Then convince your router to push incoming VPN traffic on port 4443 to Unraid on port 4443. You might be able to get this working, but it is way out of scope for what I can help with.

Well I like to bury these issues!

I was going to say I didn't think it worked but I think it took a little while for things to update.

Works like a charm now.  Thank you and sorry about that.

Edited by daveo132
3 minutes ago, daveo132 said:

Well I like to bury these issues!

I was going to say I didn't think it worked but I think it took a little while for things to update.

Works like a charm now.  Thank you and sorry about that.

Wait, what? So from your phone (not on wifi) you can remotely access the Unraid servers' webgui? And is it accessing it over the VPN connection or over the normal Internet? (i.e. does www.hash.unraid.net point to the VPN IP or your router's Internet IP?)

1 minute ago, daveo132 said:

Sorry I think I removed some of the text I had in there.

I've set everything back to the default gateway (normal web / not VPN)

I can access via my phone.

OK very cool, I'm glad we were able to get it working!

• Thanks 1

Trying to get this to work....I am trying to run "unraid-api restart" as that seems to be the most common fix, and here is al lI get:

root@Tower:~# unraid-api restart
Found no running processes.
Starting unraid-api in "production" mode.
/usr/local/bin/unraid-api/build/libvirt.node: file too short

and I still can't access it - says offline/not connected to the mothership.  Any help is appreciated!

47 minutes ago, cycodrama said:

Trying to get this to work....I am trying to run "unraid-api restart" as that seems to be the most common fix, and here is al lI get:

root@Tower:~# unraid-api restart
Found no running processes.
Starting unraid-api in "production" mode.
/usr/local/bin/unraid-api/build/libvirt.node: file too short

and I still can't access it - says offline/not connected to the mothership.  Any help is appreciated!

Would you mind reinstalling the plugin? It looks like some of the files we installed ended up corrupted. 

20 hours ago, ljm42 said:

Please PM me your /var/log/gitflash file

@ljm42i'll get back to you on this.

because i had earlier already disabled flash backup. i didn't want it filling up my syslog.

just now i turned it back on again, expecting the logs to fill up again.

but surprisingly after more than an hour it only has 1 flash_backup task logged, and that should be for the backup that happened after i turned it back on.

anyway i'll check the logs again tomorrow, and if it starts creating flashbackup logs every minute again I'll let you know.

thanks!

12 minutes ago, limawaken said:

@ljm42i'll get back to you on this.

because i had earlier already disabled flash backup. i didn't want it filling up my syslog.

just now i turned it back on again, expecting the logs to fill up again.

but surprisingly after more than an hour it only has 1 flash_backup task logged, and that should be for the backup that happened after i turned it back on.

anyway i'll check the logs again tomorrow, and if it starts creating flashbackup logs every minute again I'll let you know.

thanks!

Unless you rebooted, please go ahead and send the /var/log/gitflash file. It will let me know if there were errors we need to accommodate.  If there were no errors, then it means a file on the flash drive was being continuously updated, and thus continuously backed up.

no i didn't reboot.

i'm having trouble sending you the file.

i could copy /var/log/gitflash to /boot but i'm not able to attach it to my message.

i tried copying it over to my desktop first, but i get file access denied message.

Edited by limawaken
16 hours ago, OmgImAlexis said:

Would you mind reinstalling the plugin? It looks like some of the files we installed ended up corrupted. 

I can access my server now but it still shows "Flash back-up unavailable" on the my servers and in the myservers settings on my server when I click to "activate" it acts like it is working, but then says not activated.  Any thoughts on how to fix that?  Thanks again!

48 minutes ago, cycodrama said:

I can access my server now but it still shows "Flash back-up unavailable" on the my servers and in the myservers settings on my server when I click to "activate" it acts like it is working, but then says not activated.  Any thoughts on how to fix that?  Thanks again!

And there are no errors/warnings/remarks on the screen?

Please PM me your /var/log/gitflash file. The easiest way to get it is to open a web terminal and type:

cp /var/log/gitflash /boot

Then attach the gitflash file from the root of your flash drive.

On 6/22/2021 at 4:47 PM, ljm42 said:

And there are no errors/warnings/remarks on the screen?

Please PM me your /var/log/gitflash file. The easiest way to get it is to open a web terminal and type:

Sorry to be pain, just not super smart with linux...but I get this error when trying to run it: "cp: cannot stat '/var/log/gitflash': No such file or directory"

Not sure if I have some kind of log setting off...only thing I found was the Syslog Server setting is Off for me.

19 hours ago, cycodrama said:

Sorry to be pain, just not super smart with linux...but I get this error when trying to run it: "cp: cannot stat '/var/log/gitflash': No such file or directory"

Not sure if I have some kind of log setting off...only thing I found was the Syslog Server setting is Off for me.

No, not at all. I'm sorry I'm kind of stumped though. No error messages on the screen and no error log. Would you please upload your diagnostics (from Tools -> Diagnostics)

4 hours ago, ljm42 said:

No, not at all. I'm sorry I'm kind of stumped though. No error messages on the screen and no error log. Would you please upload your diagnostics (from Tools -> Diagnostics)

Here you go...yup, no error messages or anything.  WHen I click "activate" it acts like it is activating and then the screen refreshes and it says "Not activated".  Thanks again!

tower-diagnostics-20210624-1833.zip

Edited by cycodrama

It's not a huge issues, but I was wondering if there is a way to change the plugin header background transparency? Or change the color? I searched the thread, and wasn't entirely sure I understood the posts relating to "color". Thanks for the help!

Edit: don't mind me, I'm just an idiot and was trying to adjust the header background colors in the theme engine rather than in display settings.... Carry on!

Edited by xthursdayx

Hi @ljm42,

I am more or less in the same situation than @cycodrama, with flash backup not available on both of my servers.

I have 

image.png.7663a6231d95edb4f235e0e297496d8b.png 

and

image.png.d0311e668418afee78c1a59ad2fae7a1.png

I tried  
- update
- changes
- deactivate
- reinitialize
No success

Signed out, uninstall My Servers plugin, reboot, install again the plugin, then sign in, reboot.
Still no success 

On 6/22/2021 at 10:47 PM, ljm42 said:

I enclose my dignostics file and PM the gitflash file to you.

I find strange that I get the same behaviour on both servers.

Thansk in advance for your help.

Chris

uranus-diagnostics-20210627-1128.zip

14 hours ago, Chris Mot said:

I have 

image.png.7663a6231d95edb4f235e0e297496d8b.png 

This means flash backup is setup, but there are changes which have not yet been saved. If you wait one minute it should change to this:

image.png

Can you let me know what happens after you have left it alone for a bit? If it still says "Not up-to-date" please send me a new gitflash, without pressing deactivate/reinitialize/etc. I need to see if there are any new entries in the file from just normal usage. Thanks!

5 hours ago, ljm42 said:

Can you let me know what happens after you have left it alone for a bit? If it still says "Not up-to-date" please send me a new gitflash, without pressing deactivate/reinitialize/etc. I need to see if there are any new entries in the file from just normal usage.

Unfortunately 19 hours later I am still at 

image.png.059ff91127d7dd225f74c633ebb73f01.png

I didn't press any button in the "My Severs Flash" section.

I PM'd you the latest gitflash.

• Like 1

Hello @all

I've found this topic because of the "spinning up disks" problem while using the myservers plugin.

For me the issue could not be fixed. I've tried reinstalling the plugin but one disk is always spinning up. If I uninstall the plugin everything works fine...

But its only one disk (Seagate Ironwolf 4TB) ... if i spin down it manually my CPU gets 100% load and the disk spins up..

Yup, same here (again)

Uninstalled this after first having spin up problems (@squid linked my thread on page 18)

Then reinstalled after it was fixed.

Now its broken again.

I´ll just stay away from this plugin until it isnt in beta anymore.

But thats what beta is for, so all good.

I just came here to mention it too. @ljm42

I tried this earlier. Logged into my server and watched a drive spin up, hit refresh and one by one my drives spun up again. 

Jun 30 13:30:07 Tower webGUI: Successful login user root from 208.71.163.202
Jun 30 13:30:17 Tower emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdb
Jun 30 13:30:24 Tower emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdc
Jun 30 13:30:31 Tower emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdd
Jun 30 13:30:39 Tower emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sde
Jun 30 13:30:46 Tower emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdf
Jun 30 13:30:54 Tower emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdg

Other than hitting refresh a few times I've done nothing. So my drives are not constantly staying up, but when i login via MyServers plugin they are spinning up. 

I forced all drives to sleep and logged off and a few hours later, which is now I logged back in from work and hit refresh a few times and they came up. So I'm not sure if its a refresh bug or something else, but they aren't staying up like they did last time I reported an issue only on refresh of the browser or simply logging in once.