My Servers Early Access Plugin

jonp

2 minutes ago, kizer said:

I just came here to mention it too. @ljm42

I tried this earlier. Logged into my server and watched a drive spin up, hit refresh and one by one my drives spun up again. 

Jun 30 13:30:07 Tower webGUI: Successful login user root from 208.71.163.202
Jun 30 13:30:17 Tower emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdb
Jun 30 13:30:24 Tower emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdc
Jun 30 13:30:31 Tower emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdd
Jun 30 13:30:39 Tower emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sde
Jun 30 13:30:46 Tower emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdf
Jun 30 13:30:54 Tower emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdg

Other than hitting refresh a few times I've done nothing. So my drives are not constantly staying up, but when i login via MyServers plugin they are spinning up. 

I forced all drives to sleep and logged off and a few hours later, which is now I logged back in from work and hit refresh a few times and they came up. So I'm not sure if its a refresh bug or something else, but they aren't staying up like they did last time I reported an issue only on refresh of the browser or simply logging in once. 

Can you confirm you’re on the latest plugin version? This has definitely been fixed. 

1 minute ago, OmgImAlexis said:

Can you confirm you’re on the latest plugin version? This has definitely been fixed. 

I'm the one that reported it when it happened the first time and then it was patched. ;)

This is the version I'm running and yes I did click the check for updates

Just now, kizer said:

I'm the one that reported it when it happened the first time and then it was patched. ;)

This is the version I'm running and yes I did click the check for updates

So my bad on not checking before posting. Seems it was fixed immediately after the last release we pushed to everyone.

The next update will include these changes. 

7 minutes ago, OmgImAlexis said:

So my bad on not checking before posting. Seems it was fixed immediately after the last release we pushed to everyone.

The next update will include these changes. 

No worries. Funny thing thou is the last time I reported it which was several weeks ago you guys put out something and it fixed it. Unless you put out another release and forgot to put the patch back into the newest. Lol

I mean crazier things have happened when your dealing with 1000's of lines of code. ;)

I did run unraid-api stop and now my drives are not coming up by themselves. Weird I'm still remoted in too. Must be the deamon that makes the connection, but doesn't actually control keeping the connection. Just another tid bit of info if that helps at all. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, kizer said:

No worries. Funny thing thou is the last time I reported it which was several weeks ago you guys put out something and it fixed it. Unless you put out another release and forgot to put the patch back into the newest. Lol

Yes, sorry about that :) We just deployed the temporary fix to the cloud again, if you reload the page you should be good. The permanent fix @OmgImAlexis mentioned will go out in the next release of the plugin.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ljm42 said:

Yes, sorry about that :) We just deployed the temporary fix to the cloud again, if you reload the page you should be good. The permanent fix @OmgImAlexis mentioned will go out in the next release of the plugin.

I restarted using unraid-api restart since I shut it down remotely and it seems to be working just fine. ;)

Thanks for the quick fix again. 

• Like 1

Hey folks had the myservers plugin setup and running for a while. It stopped working. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Says not connected to the mothership. Cert provisioned, port forwarded in router, I can click the check button under management access and it says your server can be reached. Tried opening a terminal and typing unraid-api restart. Didn't make a difference. Any suggestions?

Edit:

Something weird I noticed is I can turn on flash backup and it will update on the myservers page. Also I am on the latest version. Its almost like maybe the myservers page is confused from the time I was running trial vs when I purchased my pro key. I'm showing 2 servers under myservers.

Edited by 2000gtacoma
13 hours ago, 2000gtacoma said:

Hey folks had the myservers plugin setup and running for a while. It stopped working. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Says not connected to the mothership. Cert provisioned, port forwarded in router, I can click the check button under management access and it says your server can be reached. Tried opening a terminal and typing unraid-api restart. Didn't make a difference. Any suggestions?

Edit:

Something weird I noticed is I can turn on flash backup and it will update on the myservers page. Also I am on the latest version. Its almost like maybe the myservers page is confused from the time I was running trial vs when I purchased my pro key. I'm showing 2 servers under myservers.

Try running this command in console.

unraid-api restart

It will turn off your connection and attempt to restart the deamon and connect again. Another way I found was to logout of the MyServer plugin, which is in the same area as the "Can't connect to Mothership" area. 

17 minutes ago, kizer said:

Try running this command in console.

unraid-api restart

It will turn off your connection and attempt to restart the deamon and connect again. Another way I found was to logout of the MyServer plugin, which is in the same area as the "Can't connect to Mothership" area. 

Yep did that. Mentioned that in my original post. When I run the unraid-api restart I see the status change to disconnected from unraid api then back to can't connect to mothership. When I originally installed this the first time the api restart worked perfect.

Edit:

Here is what I get when unraid-api restart is typed

root@myserver:~# unraid-api restart
Stopping unraid-api process...
Process stopped!
Starting unraid-api in "production" mode.
Loading UPC API key...
Emitting "add" event
Emitting "replace" event
Loading MyServers API key...
No PID found in cache for unraid-api
Loading state paths
Daemonizing process.
Daemonized successfully!

Edited by 2000gtacoma
1 hour ago, 2000gtacoma said:

Yep did that. Mentioned that in my original post. When I run the unraid-api restart I see the status change to disconnected from unraid api then back to can't connect to mothership. When I originally installed this the first time the api restart worked perfect.

Thanks, I can reproduce this. We're looking into it

hi my servers are identically configured and yet one says cant connect to mothership and the other one is online and working great.

any specific things I can do to fix this?

EDIT: removed plugin, restarted server, installed plugin and logged in. waited 5 minutes and now its working.

Edited by BelgarionNL
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, 2000gtacoma said:

Any updates? Mine is still not connecting to the mothership? No rush just curious.

Hmm, sorry about that, the issue we were having last week has been resolved so I assumed you would be good. Would you please do the following to completely reset everything?

• In a webterminal, type: unraid-api stop
  • On your flash drive, delete config/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/myservers.cfg
  • Reload the webgui, then sign in to the UPC. There will be errors because we stopped the API, that is OK.
  • Reboot the server. If that is horribly inconvenient you can run this instead: unraid-api start

45 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

Hmm, sorry about that, the issue we were having last week has been resolved so I assumed you would be good. Would you please do the following to completely reset everything?

• In a webterminal, type: unraid-api stop
  • On your flash drive, delete config/plugins/dynamix.my.servers/myservers.cfg
  • Reload the webgui, then sign in to the UPC. There will be errors because we stopped the API, that is OK.
  • Reboot the server. If that is horribly inconvenient you can run this instead: unraid-api start

Just tried this. Opened web terminal stopped api. Deleted the file on the flashdrive. Reloaded GUI. I'm assuming UPC is the sign in for the my servers in the top right? Nothing there. Rebooted server still nothing in the top right. Removed the myservers plugin. Deleted the config\plugins\dynamix.my.servers folder. Reinstalled myservers plugin. Signed in. Check access under management access. Get the green check mark. Still get the cannot connect to mothership. Still showing 2 servers under my myservers account. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, 2000gtacoma said:

Just tried this. Opened web terminal stopped api. Deleted the file on the flashdrive. Reloaded GUI. I'm assuming UPC is the sign in for the my servers in the top right? Nothing there. Rebooted server still nothing in the top right. Removed the myservers plugin. Deleted the config\plugins\dynamix.my.servers folder. Reinstalled myservers plugin. Signed in. Check access under management access. Get the green check mark. Still get the cannot connect to mothership. Still showing 2 servers under my myservers account. Thoughts?

Played around some more. Both servers under myservers went away. Reinstalled myservers, signed back in, showed up under myservers as signed in but still not connecting to the mothership. Did the unraid-api restart, and I get this

root@myserver ~# unraid-api restart
Process stopped!
Loading UPC API key...
Emitting "add" event
Emitting "replace" event
Loading state paths
Daemonizing process.
Daemonized successfully!

Is the no pid found in cache for unraid-api normal?

anyone deal with this plugin tonight bricking Unraid?  i rebooted unraid and it no longer came online.. had to plug a video card in and boot up  and it hung 45 min before  i ssh into unraid  and deleted the my servers plugin.  in the plugins folder

and rebooted.. it still part of the plugins and somewhere in unraid its keeping the plugin but i was able to boot back up

so the first image is it hung 45 min.. the 2nd one is after i booted back up are ssh and deleting the plugin  but its still in Plugins

IMG_0442[1].JPG

IMG_0444[1].JPG

6 hours ago, 2000gtacoma said:

Played around some more. Both servers under myservers went away. Reinstalled myservers, signed back in, showed up under myservers as signed in but still not connecting to the mothership. Did the unraid-api restart, and I get this

root@myserver ~# unraid-api restart
Process stopped!
Loading UPC API key...
Emitting "add" event
Emitting "replace" event
Loading state paths
Daemonizing process.
Daemonized successfully!

Is the no pid found in cache for unraid-api normal?

Yes that's normal as it'll cache the pid on startup.

I've looked through all the logs I can and honestly I can't see anything showing your server successfully connecting. I'm going to keep digging into this for you.

6 hours ago, OmgImAlexis said:

Yes that's normal as it'll cache the pid on startup.

I've looked through all the logs I can and honestly I can't see anything showing your server successfully connecting. I'm going to keep digging into this for you.

Thanks I appreciate that. Anything I can check on my end? Also now just randomly saw a an error under my server name in unraid (where is usually says can not connect to mothership) graphql is offline. Did unraid-api restart and that goes back to can't connect.