My Servers Early Access Plugin

jonp

• 3 weeks later...

I just performed a MAJOR update on my server hardware, new CPU, Mainboard, and smaller NIC. I spent HOURS getting it up and running to the point where it could serve the house as router (pfSense) and Media Streamer. Along with creating Users, Naming Shares, configuring Drive Mapping and installing some of my most used pluggins and creating my Hardware Centric Gaming VM. (You know, the important stuff)

And then I moved the key over to my new thumbdrive...

I assume it pulled my backup from "My Servers"?

Did I miss a warning?

It restore a backup of my flash drive destroying all my hard work and making the whole thing unusable...

Very frustrating.

1 hour ago, Arbadacarba said:

I assume it pulled my backup from "My Servers"?

Did I miss a warning?

It restore a backup of my flash drive destroying all my hard work and making the whole thing unusable...

I can assure you there is no code to restore a backup over an existing installation. The only way to get a backup is to download a zip file from the My Servers dashboard, there is nothing automatic.

1 hour ago, Arbadacarba said:

And then I moved the key over to my new thumbdrive...

Exactly what steps did you take to do this? If you copied the entire /config folder, that would have overwritten your settings. If you copied just the key file that would have been safe.

I had copied just the key file... I had installed from the USB Creator onto a new USB drive and registered the trial... Then installed my most important VM's and such. Then rebooted and was the victim of my own "cleverness". 

Rebooting with the trial key (which needs an internet connection to verify its validity and then start the array), on a system that houses it's own router in a VM, (which requires the Array to be started to run even though it's not, itself on the Array) might have been a poor choice.

I wonder... Was it the existing Appdata, System, and Domain folders that made it look like it had recovered? 

I might have jumped the gun and made an assumption. My appologies if so.

My real goal here is to get rid of the Cruft, that I have created over the past year of customizations to the Go file etc. for my old system.

Of course mixed into all of this is troubleshooting a few little hardware conflicts on the new system.

Thanks for the response

32 minutes ago, Craig Dennis said:

Ran into the same issue but `unraid-api restart` doesn't resolve it. The flash backup also just says 'loading'. No errors in the log. No browser/console errors. Adblock and such are disabled.

Would you please remove the My Servers plugin and reinstall it? Pay attention to the wall of text :) on the install screen, it will alert you if there are any DNS issues that need to be resolved.

If flash backup continues to have issues, please see the release notes from yesterday:
   https://forums.unraid.net/topic/112073-my-servers-releases/?tab=comments#comment-1043427

hi there.

my servers is showing an error "not connected to mothership"

what i tried so far but still unsuccessful:

rebooted the server

re-install the my servers plugin

tried unraid-api restart

in settings remote access is enabled and port forwarding show it is able to access from outside.

dubugging shows this

☁️ RELAY:200:OK:RECONNECTING:NOW
libvirt: No changes detected.

anything else i could do to resolve this?

thank you

edit

resolved after another reboot. false alarm. thanks

Edited by i1mran92
  • Like 1

Enabling remote access is a nice feature, but I use wireguard for that and Im very happy with it.

However, what would be really needed to improve the current state of remote access, is a web-interface variant that is designed for and renders correctly on mobile devices.

It is past time that this is added, without any crutches like 3rd-party Apps etc.

Edited by sir_storealot
  • Like 1

I'm having the same issue, but none of the fixes have worked for me. I am getting the "not connected to mothership" error in the top right drop down menu. My server is functioning fine other than this issue.

I have tried the following:

-rebooted numerous times

-ran unraid-api restart command numerous times, both before and after a reboot

-uninstalled and re installed My Servers plugin

I'm at a loss as to what to do now.

For some reason when I try and sign in, a pop up appears, i sign in fine, then the window closes, but it still tell sme to sign in!!

Edit, I manually deleted the plugin as it didnt show up, and couldnt install, and now everything seems to be wrking

image.png.d49536de39c8840c02604e0f81429f47.png

Edited by clowrym

I uninstalled the plugin since I would like to revert back so I can access my server with the good old local ip address.

I went through the unstinstallation process but when I type in my local ip adress in my browser, it is still going through the DNS.

What did I miss?

Thanks!

today i was on my unRaid Server remotly and everything worked fine.

in the upper right corner i saw, i wasnt logged in?! (but was before last time i was on my server a few days ago)

without thinking alot about that i just signed in and now my Server is listet offline and i cant reach it anymore from here at work.

i´m on RC2 

Edited by Meannekes
14 minutes ago, Necrotic said:

So I was wondering, does this work if you haven't started the array? (ie stuff like dockers dont work until then)

I was just wondering as I have it set in case of power loss for it to restart on power, but I need to log-in to start the array, would this let me do this remote?

When you say "this", are you referring to the optional Remote Access feature of My Servers? Yes it does work without the array being started.