My Servers Early Access Plugin

jonp

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I just saw there is this thread, I created a post regarding issue i am having, where the provision button stays continously spinning after clicking it, or sometimes i get the following error back as response from ProviderCert.php:

{"type": "dns-01","status": "invalid","error": {"type": "urn:ietf:params:acme:error:dns","detail": "DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up TXT for _acme-challenge.<ommitted>.unraid.net - check that a DNS record exists for this domain"
}

Wondering if anyone encounter this issue?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 12:44 PM, thunderclap said:

I've been struggling the last week or two to access my server remotely. The error in the browser I'm seeing is "Access denied due to bad server certificate." Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, have you managed to fix it?

I am having the same problem:

"DNS issue, unable to resolve mothership.unraid.net"

• I was able to reach it via pinging locally myhash.unraid.net
  • I deleted the .pem files from ssl/certs
  • i completely reinstalled the plugin
  • multiple reboots
  • multiple variations of the above.
  • know the port is correctly forwarded as well.

Edited by WenzelComputing
On 1/3/2022 at 11:44 AM, thunderclap said:

I've been struggling the last week or two to access my server remotely. The error in the browser I'm seeing is "Access denied due to bad server certificate." Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, have you managed to fix it?

If I had to guess based on the information here, I would say that your port forward is pointing at the wrong port on your Unraid system, so whatever is responding is responding with the wrong certificate.

Please see these instructions for setting up the optional Remote Access feature of My Servers:

https://wiki.unraid.net/My_Servers#Configuring_Remote_Access_.28optional.29

On 1/10/2022 at 4:40 PM, WenzelComputing said:

I am having the same problem:

"DNS issue, unable to resolve mothership.unraid.net"

• I was able to reach it via pinging locally myhash.unraid.net
  • I deleted the .pem files from ssl/certs
  • i completely reinstalled the plugin
  • multiple reboots
  • multiple variations of the above.
  • know the port is correctly forwarded as well.

Probably best to start fresh by following the instructions here:

Pressing the "check" button after applying the changes is critical. If the check succeeds then you are good to go. If it fails then it is most likely a port forward issue, although it could potentially be a DDNS issue.

DDNS can be tested by opening a webterminal and typing:

curl https://wanip4.unraid.net/

That will tell you Unraid's WAN IP.

Then type:

ping www.yourpersonalhash.unraid.net

The ping itself may fail but if it resolves to your WAN IP then we know DDNS is working properly.

The "check" button has a remote server try to access:

https://www.yourpersonalhash.unraid.net:WANPORT/robots.txt

If that fails, but DDNS is good, then pretty much the only thing it can be is a bad port forward.

On 1/12/2022 at 9:28 AM, ljm42 said:

Probably best to start fresh by following the instructions here:

Pressing the "check" button after applying the changes is critical. If the check succeeds then you are good to go. If it fails then it is most likely a port forward issue, although it could potentially be a DDNS issue.

DDNS can be tested by opening a webterminal and typing:

curl https://wanip4.unraid.net/

That will tell you Unraid's WAN IP.

Then type:

The ping itself may fail but if it resolves to your WAN IP then we know DDNS is working properly.

The "check" button has a remote server try to access:

https://www.yourpersonalhash.unraid.net:WANPORT/robots.txt

If that fails, but DDNS is good, then pretty much the only thing it can be is a bad port forward.

Fresh started twice.(once before this, once after you asked)

curl results:

2024981792_curlresult.png.e96a7d72d23444c01ace7063e34c32da.png

Ping result:
1825640701_pingresult.png.532f6cbd09dea4b29eb168fc581b0e40.png

Check Result:

359611245_checkresult.png.92038fe2c954ea085758f9d99e90fb51.png

Port Forwarding configuration:

602081753_portforwardingresult.png.29500da4b850bdedf3e98d9344b6af35.png

2 hours ago, WenzelComputing said:

Fresh started twice.(once before this, once after you asked)

curl results:

2024981792_curlresult.png.e96a7d72d23444c01ace7063e34c32da.png

Ping result:
1825640701_pingresult.png.532f6cbd09dea4b29eb168fc581b0e40.png

It looks like you ping'd the internal host, please ping the external host (has 'www' up front):

you want to confirm that the external host IP matches the 98.1.x.x IP address you got from the curl command.

Also, I'd really recommend that you use something other than port 443 as the WAN port. In the docs we say "We highly recommend you choose a random port over 1000 rather than using the default of 443. i.e. something like 13856, 48653, etc"

I like to pop in here from time-to-time to see what's been happening. I decided to check My Servers on this site, and I'm seeing this:

image.thumb.png.0179b8a462190f66ac03154471505cb5.png

It's showing Offline, but I can access it remotely just fine. Is this a bug, or should I do something to fix this on my end? My Servers is working for me, so not the biggest deal, but I was surprised to see that the thing that is working is telling me that it isn't working.

Also, is there any ETA on encrypted Flash backups? I don't use the online backup solely because I don't want unencrypted data floating out in the ether. This isn't something I'm hugely upset about or anything, but merely curious on where the Unraid team is at with this.

As a side note: Thanks for everything! I love being able to access my server wherever I am. It's super convenient, and I appreciate all of the effort put into this.

1 hour ago, IFireflyl said:

It's showing Offline, but I can access it remotely just fine.

Thank you for the kind words :) 

The connection that allows the dashboard to show how many apps are installed/started, vms created/running, etc has gone offline. You can bring it online by opening a webterminal and typing:
  unraid-api restart

We are readying a new release that will hopefully resolve this.

I don't have anything to announce regarding encrypted flash backup.

• Thanks 1

Is there a way to get a previous flash backup to the latest automatically generated one? I recently had a lockup and upon restart I had lost my rclone config file for some reason, and at the same time a new backup was created before I noticed the problem, so the backup I have access to does not seem to contain my old rclone config file. I can obviously just set this up again as it seems to be my only issue, but figured I would check here first.

6 hours ago, ljm42 said:

The connection that allows the dashboard to show how many apps are installed/started, vms created/running, etc has gone offline. You can bring it online by opening a webterminal and typing:

unraid-api restart

We are readying a new release that will hopefully resolve this.

That worked. Thanks for the assist! :)

21 hours ago, ljm42 said:

It looks like you ping'd the internal host, please ping the external host (has 'www' up front):

you want to confirm that the external host IP matches the 98.1.x.x IP address you got from the curl command.

Also, I'd really recommend that you use something other than port 443 as the WAN port. In the docs we say "We highly recommend you choose a random port over 1000 rather than using the default of 443. i.e. something like 13856, 48653, etc"

www gave the 98.1xx.x.x IP.

I ended up just doing a full wipe. Issue resolved.

Not sure what caused it.

Also I normally don't use 443, I changed the port around during testing. That was the port I was using during the time I took the screenshots to check defaults just to be sure.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MadMatt337 said:

Is there a way to get a previous flash backup to the latest automatically generated one? I recently had a lockup and upon restart I had lost my rclone config file for some reason, and at the same time a new backup was created before I noticed the problem, so the backup I have access to does not seem to contain my old rclone config file. I can obviously just set this up again as it seems to be my only issue, but figured I would check here first.

Sorry, at this time we only make the latest backup available for download

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a problem with My Servers right now? I have tried "unraid-api restart", but it's still showing I'm offline, and it won't let me sign in on my NAS. The My Servers page shows I'm offline, and it also shows the following message:

Network error: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource. 1643498018159

I don't know if this is specific to me, or if there is a network error on the Unraid side.

Edit: When I attempt to sign in I get the success message with the window that says to keep the page open while Unraid works its magic. It then ends up saying "Communication with NAS has timed out".

Edit 2: It looks like whatever the issue was it is resolved now. So disregard this. :)

Edited by IFireflyl

I recently upgraded my unraid license from Basic to Plus.  I now am seeing a situation where I am no longer able to stay logged in to Unraid.net.  When I click on the Sign In button in the upper right hand corner, it brings up the login page.  I enter my credentials, and click submit.  I'm then successfully logged in and the page closes.  Then a few seconds later, I am signed out (I didn't sign out) and have to sign in again.

I notice also that in the My Servers page I am offline.  The log file doesn't show any issues.

Any pointers to how to troubleshoot would be appreciated.

Thanks.

My Servers.jpg

Olympia Signed Out.jpg

1 minute ago, dius said:

I recently upgraded my unraid license from Basic to Plus.  I now am seeing a situation where I am no longer able to stay logged in to Unraid.net.  When I click on the Sign In button in the upper right hand corner, it brings up the login page.  I enter my credentials, and click submit.  I'm then successfully logged in and the page closes.  Then a few seconds later, I am signed out (I didn't sign out) and have to sign in again.

I notice also that in the My Servers page I am offline.  The log file doesn't show any issues.

Any pointers to how to troubleshoot would be appreciated.

Thanks.

My Servers.jpg

Olympia Signed Out.jpg

• Like 1