My Servers Early Access Plugin

jonp

In unbound when using SSL? when the hash.unraid.net url is set the web browser spits out DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.

Fixed it: private-domain: unraid.net needs to be added into the unbound conf file

Edited by raujaku
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, ljm42 said:

Thanks for reporting this, I've added it to our bug tracker. 

edit: oh sorry I missed your comment there Alexis :) but yes I can confirm the connection is up, but only some of the icons will display in the dashboard

Thanks keep up the great work 

19 hours ago, danielpiccoli said:

the output:

-rwx------ 1 root root 34840064 Mar 16 19:50 /usr/local/bin/node/unraid-api/unraid-api*

i just tested executing the install again manually entering the plg. ,
says plugin: not reinstalling same version

That is strange, not sure why the perms on that file are like that. Would you please uninstall the plugin and see if a reinstall fixes it?  If it doesn't help, please upload your diagnostics (Tools -> Diagnostics) thanks

Hi All,

I am complete novice, and thought that I would install and set up as per initial guide. I did this with very limited success. Due to my demographics it is frequent that we get internet outages for long periods. Today was one such day where it was down for just over 12hrs. I happened to be at home, and was able to watch movies via plex that are on my server no problem and access all the shares. But I could not log on to the server until the internet was back up and running. Everytime i entered the normal 10.0.0. address in it now automatically tries to search for anther address that looks similar to this now https://b6b1450cd5073fc3e0a82d0a398c0.unraid.net/Apps.

How can I stop this adding this I am thinking that i should uninstall what i did in the guide but unsure how....

I know this may be a vague outline of my problem but not sure what is going on to explain more.

TYIA

Hi

Any plans to allow the download of the SSL cert and Key, I already have 443 forwarded to a Nginx Proxy, so i would like to set up a new proxy host for this work, is that possable? 

Or can we use our own ssl certs (assume this isnt possable) due to the reliance on the unraid.net domain.

Thanks

Edited by Kill3r
On 3/13/2021 at 10:10 PM, ljm42 said:

The help text in the webgui says:

If you are using pfSense internal DNS resolver service, you can add these Custom Option lines:

server:
private-domain: "unraid.net"

So I am not sure exactly what your screenshot is showing or what the DNS 'Lookup Server IP Address' Is. 

But, you are not being hit with the DNS Rebinding issue so if you are happy with the setup that is fine.

A reinstall is unlikely to help.  There are two potential issues:

1) DNS.  Look at your url to find yourpersonalhash.unraid.net.  Put a "www." in front of that. Drop to a command line and type "ping www.yourpersonalhash.unraid.net".  Does it resolve properly to external IP address? If not, you are have a DNS problem (or possibly something has gone wrong on the unraid.net side)

2) Your port forward is not setup properly.

Yes, both methods work to prevent the DNS rebinding issue. I did add the custom option lines to that section on my pfSense box, but it didn't resolve the DNS rebinding issue. Even after waiting an hour for things to clean up. Only when I added it to the section I mentioned did the provisioning work.

What's unusual is that one of my unRAID systems is being seen as available (green in My Servers) whereas the other one is still red. Yet the port forward rules are identical other than the port number.

I haven't had the time to play with it anymore yet, but will soon. I'll try the hash url and report back later. Thanks!

8 hours ago, g4defender said:

Hi All,

I am complete novice, and thought that I would install and set up as per initial guide. I did this with very limited success. Due to my demographics it is frequent that we get internet outages for long periods. Today was one such day where it was down for just over 12hrs. I happened to be at home, and was able to watch movies via plex that are on my server no problem and access all the shares. But I could not log on to the server until the internet was back up and running. Everytime i entered the normal 10.0.0. address in it now automatically tries to search for anther address that looks similar to this now https://b6b1450cd5073fc3e0a82d0a398c0.unraid.net/Apps.

How can I stop this adding this I am thinking that i should uninstall what i did in the guide but unsure how....

I know this may be a vague outline of my problem but not sure what is going on to explain more.

TYIA

If you can't get to the webgui because DNS is down, go to https://<ip address> and ignore the browser warnings.

Then go to Settings -> "Management Access" and change "Use SSL/TLS" to "no". You won't be able to use Remote Access with this disabled, but the rest of My Servers and Unraid will work fine.

P.S. if you have multiple browser tabs open trying to access the server, close all but one before changing this setting.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Kill3r said:

Hi

Any plans to allow the download of the SSL cert and Key, I already have 443 forwarded to a Nginx Proxy, so i would like to set up a new proxy host for this work, is that possable? 

Or can we use our own ssl certs (assume this isnt possable) due to the reliance on the unraid.net domain.

Thanks

Using the Remote Access functionality of My Servers requires the unraid.net certificate for local access. If you don't want to use Remote Access you can use your own certs for local access.

Note you don't have to use port 443 for local SSL. Take a look at Settings -> Management Access -> https port.

1 hour ago, AgentXXL said:

What's unusual is that one of my unRAID systems is being seen as available (green in My Servers) whereas the other one is still red.

On the one that isn't working, open a terminal window and type

unraid-api restart

On 3/16/2021 at 2:02 PM, rguinn said:

Thanks it for sure a issue with the icons on Page 4 only the first 2 work the rest just blank it out 

On 3/16/2021 at 2:53 PM, TechGeek01 said:

Also chiming in, seeing the same thing with the Supermicro 846 icon in the list. No icon for me in the my servers page.

Thanks for reporting! This is resolved, although you may need to hard refresh the My Servers Dashboard to get the update quickly

On 3/16/2021 at 1:04 AM, TechGeek01 said:

Just wanted to chime in on a coloring issue.

@TechGeek01 my suggestion would be to pick a darker gray that is accessible for you to read with white text. We chose to do the inverse colors for the My Servers dropdown because this adds contrast against the main webGUI's theme while also keeping the user customization that the display settings allow for.

In the display settings I use a banner image, have a dark gray header background color of #333333, and white text of #ffffff

• Like 1

I have a suggestion that would help those of us who like to use reverse proxies (traefik as an example), MFA systems (Authelia), and their own domains.

Add an optional field with the unraid-api plugin to enter a custom URL that would be used to access the local unraid server. The field could be setup to only ask for the url and its assumed the url will start with https.

Then the unraid website could just use that link whenever the owner wanted to access the server remotely.

Doing this would allow us to setup the reverse proxy and any MFA that we choose. This wouldn't be a end all method either. Limetech can still implement their own MFA, but I like the option of using my own.

I know that we can not enable remote access through the plugin which is fine, but having the ability to click on my server from the server's section of the web page is seamless and more convenient.

Edited by zepheris
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, zspearmint said:

In the display settings I use a banner image, have a dark gray header background color of #333333, and white text of #ffffff

Yeah, that's what I'm doing currently now as well. Only difference is before, I didn't have the custom header color, so the header was default white, while my text was also white.

Maybe you could add a check for other users that have the same deal I did (dark custom header image, but default color), and make it so that if the custom text color, and the header color are too close together, provided they're not both user-set (I didn't have a custom header color before, just the theme default), have it change the unset one to contrast? That is, if I had white text, but an unset header color, it would see they're both close together, and change the color the menu uses to something darker and readable.

Not sure if this is the most elegant way to do that while retaining the custom display options, but it would at least help readability in that edge case.

23 minutes ago, squirrellydw said:

I don't see where I can download my Flash Key

You can go to the top of the forum page, there is a MyServer link just above the "home". Click on it and you will have plenty of information about your connected servers and the ability to generate a flash backup.

• Thanks 1

With yesterday's update to the plugin, I lost remote access to both of my servers (local still showed as being available)

My usual fix for this is to sign out / sign in.  This fixed one of the servers.  

My main server however seems to be permanently not able to gain remote access (and it does pass the check for remote access).  unraid-api restart and another sign out / sign in has not fixed this yet.

But, the "i" icon on the my servers dashboard is incrementing based on the time I did the api restart (from a remote location)

On 3/13/2021 at 4:54 PM, limetech said:

There is a plugin available: Dynamix Password Validator

Late to the party on this one. Just installed but don't see any way to access. According to the plugin code I would expect it to be on the Tools page but not there. And it doesn't seem to be mentioned in its "Support thread".

Does it only show up on the Users page when you set a password or what?