My Servers Early Access Plugin

jonp

On 3/23/2021 at 9:34 AM, Squid said:

Update.  Remote Access finally appeared to be available on the one server.  However I get "this site cannot be reached" 🤔  Other servers are fine...

I am having the same issue today.  I have rebooted the server and restarted the api to no avail.  I cannot reach my server locally by its ip  at all.  I did not setup the remote access yet but I will echo your point of the My Server Page being intermittent on access unavailable/local access.  

3 minutes ago, bally12345 said:

Noticed today I have been disconnected from the mothership 

unraid-api restart

API restart didn't work and I have the latest version of plugin, is there a wider issue? Hopefully nothing related to this 

Not related. Read that post though. 

• Like 1

So I went through and setup "My Servers". but unable to access it via My Servers.

Unraid: 6.9.1

And Yes I have done the: image.png.9e87e0bec120c196bf83d1fdb9022fbb.png

I can access my server via my public_IP:my_port

254.548.14.74:1234 = remote access to my server works, but unraid.net says "Access unavailable" (Not not my real ip, Made it up for security reasons)

What am I missing?

image.png.cb481c60e9e86b72c7a6061e92b33dca.png

image.thumb.png.6b25e0b8c21902c4ef6a76642dcffede.png

image.png.fa1caef3d869f3946adddd2833cf7d68.png

Edited by almulder

Sorry for the inconvenience, but mothership is currently offline.

• Flash Backup is still functional, changes are being saved and can be restored from the My Servers Dashboard
  • Remote Access is available if you use the proper url - just put "www." in front of "yourpersonalhash.unraid.net". So if you are offsite you can reach your server by going to www.yourpersonalhash.unraid.net

Let me reassure you this outage is not a security problem but an operational problem.

A bit about our architecture... mothership is an isolated stateless server, relaying data between systems. It was designed this way so that if there are any problems (like we're experiencing now) it would not affect other LimeTech services, eg., the website, forum, etc.

• Like 1

Turns out we are a victim of our own success :) We planned for growth in certain areas of the system but a surge of sign-ins uncovered problems in an unexpected area. Thanks to everyone who installed the plugin and helped uncover this!

We are actively working on this and intend to have everything back up later today. Your systems may connect and disconnect throughout the day but it won't hurt them.

Please do update your Unraid.net plugin if you haven't already, the latest version has improved logic for disconnects / reconnects and plays a little nicer with mothership

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

Turns out we are a victim of our own success :) We planned for growth in certain areas of the system but a surge of sign-ins uncovered problems in an unexpected area. Thanks to everyone who installed the plugin and helped uncover this!

We are actively working on this and intend to have everything back up later today. Your systems may connect and disconnect throughout the day but it won't hurt them.

Please do update your Unraid.net plugin if you haven't already, the latest version has improved logic for disconnects / reconnects and plays a little nicer with mothership

Would be good to know what is the latest version - 2021.03.22.1700?

6 minutes ago, almulder said:

Would be good to know what is the latest version - 2021.03.22.1700?

As it turns out, we just started publishing release notes for this plugin :) On the Plugins page you can click on the little information icon by the version number to read them:

image.png

6 minutes ago, unraidnas said:

"Flash backup unavailable"

Flash backup is activated and report "up-to-date" in settings but "My Servers" webpage reports "Flash backup unavailable".

I tried "unraid-api restart" without luck.

The file /var/log/gitflash tracks any errors from the backup process. If you go to a shell and type:

cp /var/log/gitflash /boot

that will put the file on your flash drive where you can access it over the network. Please PM me the file and I'll take a look

Hi,

I'm unsure whether this issue has been already addressed (if so: sry!), but online my access is marked as "local access", although I have configured the portforwarding etc. (clicking on this link then simply leads me to my local IP address). However, my ISP only gives me a DS-Lite connection, i.e. I do not have a true IPv4, but only the one to the server of my ISP (for which portforwarding obviously will not work ;)). To combat this, I use a public IPv6 for my unraid server, for which portforwarding is indeed configured (server can be pinged and ui can be accessed from the internet via this IPv6). Could it be, that the "My Servers" service does not (yet) support IPv6?

11 hours ago, ljm42 said:

urns out we are a victim of our own success

Is this related?  I can connect to all of the servers via MyServers dashboard remotely, but I cannot switch from one server to another via the drop down on the plugin..

So I have not been able to access my server via the webui for the past 3 days.  I have ssh and all my dockers still working but I cannot access the gui.  I am getting an error below in my log

Mar 26 02:08:34 BigBeast nginx: 2021/03/26 02:08:32 [emerg] 21124#21124: bind() to 0.0.0.0:445 failed (98: Address already in use)
Mar 26 02:08:34 BigBeast nginx: 2021/03/26 02:08:32 [emerg] 21124#21124: bind() to [::]:445 failed (98: Address already in use)

Mar 26 02:08:34 BigBeast nginx: 2021/03/26 02:08:32 [emerg] 21124#21124: bind() to 0.0.0.0:445 failed (98: Address already in use)
Mar 26 02:08:34 BigBeast nginx: 2021/03/26 02:08:32 [emerg] 21124#21124: bind() to [::]:445 failed (98: Address already in use)

I am pretty sure the my server plug in used this port too.  I was having a weird deal when i would put the ip of my server in and it was being redirected to the "welcome to our website" splash screen that letsencrypt has.  I have tried changing the port that is used for access to the gui and that didn't work either.  I removed the unraid.net plugin in an effort to regain access and that didn't help. 

I didn't have remote access enabled yet through my servers so that wasn't working either... 

Any help is appreciated. 

39 minutes ago, mattgob86 said:

So I have not been able to access my server via the webui for the past 3 days.  I have ssh and all my dockers still working but I cannot access the gui.  I am getting an error below in my log

I am pretty sure the my server plug in used this port too.  I was having a weird deal when i would put the ip of my server in and it was being redirected to the "welcome to our website" splash screen that letsencrypt has.  I have tried changing the port that is used for access to the gui and that didn't work either.  I removed the unraid.net plugin in an effort to regain access and that didn't help. 

I didn't have remote access enabled yet through my servers so that wasn't working either... 

Any help is appreciated. 

Sorry I missed this. It looks like you tried using port 445 for the HTTPS port? That port is used for file shares, it isn't available to the webgui. The default port is 443. If you are already using 443 for a docker, you can pick a high number like 2443 (although you should confirm that is not in use by docker either)

On the flash drive there is a file in the config directory called ident.cfg.  You'll want to edit that (use a text editor that understands Unix line endings, such as notepad++ not notepad) and change this line:

PORTSSL="445"

to a different number, such as:

PORTSSL="443"

(or whatever you decided above)

Then you need to reboot. If you can SSH to the server, type:

reboot

and that will safely reboot the system.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

Sorry I missed this. It looks like you tried using port 445 for the HTTPS port? That port is used for file shares, it isn't available to the webgui. The default port is 443. If you are already using 443 for a docker, you can pick a high number like 2443 (although you should confirm that is not in use by docker either)

On the flash drive there is a file in the config directory called ident.cfg.  You'll want to edit that (use a text editor that understands Unix line endings, such as notepad++ not notepad) and change this line:

PORTSSL="445"

to a different number, such as:

PORTSSL="443"

(or whatever you decided above)

Then you need to reboot. If you can SSH to the server, type:

reboot

and that will safely reboot the system.

No worries, everyone is busy.

So can I change that flash file through nano editor on putty?  I have a rootshare but that only shows my unraid share via smb.  I'm not sure how I can change that file.  

Just now, mattgob86 said:

No worries, everyone is busy.

So can I change that flash file through nano editor on putty?  I have a rootshare but that only shows my unraid share via smb.  I'm not sure how I can change that file.  

Excellent. Via SSH (putty) you can type:

nano /boot/config/ident.cfg

1 hour ago, ljm42 said:

And My Servers is back! 

Your systems should already have reconnected, no intervention needed.

i see that its supposed to be back up but i still have the not connected to mothership triangle in the webgui and access unavailable in the my servers tab on forums, have i done something wrong or is it still a work in progress?

4 minutes ago, twisteddemon said:

i see that its supposed to be back up but i still have the not connected to mothership triangle in the webgui and access unavailable in the my servers tab on forums, have i done something wrong or is it still a work in progress?

Can you go to the Plugins page in your webgui and confirm you have version 2021.03.22.1700 (or whatever the latest is, if someone is reading this from the future) of the Unraid.net plugin? If not, please update to the latest

If you are already running that version you can kickstart it by opening a terminal window and typing:

unraid-api restart

4 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

Can you go to the Plugins page in your webgui and confirm you have version 2021.03.22.1700 (or whatever the latest is, if someone is reading this from the future) of the Unraid.net plugin? If not, please update to the latest

If you are already running that version you can kickstart it by opening a terminal window and typing:

unraid-api restart

2021.03.22.1700 correct and that command works for 2mins then the connection dies again (just tried the command again and now it does nothing to fix the connection)

Edited by twisteddemon