My Servers Early Access Plugin

jonp

3 minutes ago, trurl said:

Where are you storing the backup? Many people have them on the array and of course you can't easily get them if your flash isn't working.

I store them on a UD mount. It’s a USB external drive that I can connect to one of my Macs if necessary. The problem with my current setup is that typically I only want to restore one directory from a versioned backup. Is that possible with the UnRAID cloud backups? The wiki doesn’t really get into specific use cases.

I also see that a full restore relies on the UnRAID flash tool. Isn’t the Mac version still broken? I know I’ve seen lots of posts regarding failures of it and one post that the failures were being investigated but nothing to show that it’s been upgraded. Can't say I’ve really followed the issue very closely though.

2 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

You can still choose an avatar that you don't find "ugly" though.

As for the size I think it fits quite well and does not change the overall size of the top section of the WebUI.

The text is almost twice as big as the menu bar, for something with less purpose ( 11 vs 18 pixels ) and the image is 4X time as big ( 46 pixels ) and doesn't add anything of value. 

I might use a background colored image but since this is all new i was hoping for some polish :)

Sans titre-1.jpg

So, your issue is that size difference between this part of the UI, compared to the rest.

For reference, I moved the plugin text and icon at the same level as the basic tabs.

image.png.8b9a401e2052d2fce295513107d51be8.png

Clearly the plugin font is larger and the icon even larger.

On my display (1440p at 125% on W10) it is not twice as big but still taller, the tabs text is 10 pix tall , the plugin text is 16 pix and the icon 44 pix.

On the other hand, it is on a totally different area and pretty much every text area of the header is using different font size (Unraid logo / Unraid version / uptime & licence / tabs / my server).

Not saying it is great, but I do not find it that bad either. But I am not an expert in UI or UX.

But if we go there, the whole interface would have to be looked at:

the "titles" Device / Identification is smaller (10 pix) than the disk names and Ids (12 pix) while Pool Devices and Array Device is slightly larger (13pix), etc.

Might have some merit to if for future improvement, but probably as a more global feature request ?

I just installed the plugin for the first time. It will not let me sign in, I just get the perpetual spectra wave of death, regardless of browser or pop-up blocker settings. If it is down for others, that may explain it. I still have access to my server, so no big deal.

TL;DR;

Uninstalled, but the redirect from internal IP to xxxx.unraid.net is still enabled. How I stop that redirect?

I've installed the plugin and did all the things for the port forward and remote access. It seems to work except for the my server page in unraid. I cannot see remote access. I waited a full day for the "sync" just in case, but still nothing and now I am uninstalling the plugin for now. But now, each time I open my server by the internal network ip, it redirect me to the custom cname of the unraid.net domain. 

I want to remove that redirect, but I can't see where. Any clue?

I also have that funny glitch on the top right image.png.04ddc94fd971f9d6b6997fd2a040872e.png. Instead of my user name I see this.

Other problem, in the plugin settings, when I click sign-out, the pop-up opens and load to infinity and beyond. I can't sign out.

Edited by vinid223

I'm seeing that my server is not accessible when viewing from the unraid.net page, but the dropdown for MyServer (upper right corner) on my unraid server says everything is ok.  Is that what others are seeing too?  Everything was fine this morning.

11 minutes ago, vinid223 said:

TL;DR;

Uninstalled, but the redirect from internal IP to xxxx.unraid.net is still enabled. How I stop that redirect?

I've installed the plugin and did all the things for the port forward and remote access. It seems to work except for the my server page in unraid. I cannot see remote access. I waited a full day for the "sync" just in case, but still nothing and now I am uninstalling the plugin for now. But now, each time I open my server by the internal network ip, it redirect me to the custom cname of the unraid.net domain. 

I want to remove that redirect, but I can't see where. Any clue?

I also have that funny glitch on the top right image.png.04ddc94fd971f9d6b6997fd2a040872e.png. Instead of my user name I see this.

Other problem, in the plugin settings, when I click sign-out, the pop-up opens and load to infinity and beyond. I can't sign out.

Turn off ssl for web GUI to stop that redirect. 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Pillendreher said:

I can't access anyting beyond that like my docker containers' web interfaces, right?

Correct.  You would use Wireguard for that.

But, via Unraid.net you can access any VM's that are using VNC for video (ie: don't have a video card passed through)

• Thanks 1

Just tried the USB Backup portion of MyServer's. I've made several changes over the past few weeks and it looks like the USB Backup has been keeping up just fine. 

I just grabbed a copy of my USB stick and I'm pretty confident I could restore and start it right up. 

I even included a txt file of my drive assignment using a script I found in User.Scripts so if I had a problem I could easily figure out which drives are where. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, kizer said:

Just tried the USB Backup portion of MyServer's. I've made several changes over the past few weeks and it looks like the USB Backup has been keeping up just fine. 

I just grabbed a copy of my USB stick and I'm pretty confident I could restore and start it right up. 

I really haven't had a chance to research this question and it may be answered in the wiki but is it only the flash that is backed up or does it also backup the other items that were covered by the CA Backup/Restore plugin? libvirt image and appdata IIRC.