My Servers Early Access Plugin


564 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, takkkkkkk said:

what's interesting is that I can access all dockers fine even if I have PIA turned on, so I'm not sure if it's blocking accessing to my local network.

when I try to go to my unraid server, it attempts to open hash.unraid.net (even if I type the IP address), returns an error ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED...

 

OK, so keep in mind that I do not use the PIA Chrome plugin, so I am making assumptions based on what you are telling me. I am trying to explain what is happening but it is unlikely I will be to affect the way the plugin works.

 

You say you can access your dockers, I'm guessing the url is something like http://ipaddress:port ? OK that means they are not blocking your local network.

 

But once you enable Local SSL your Unraid webgui is no longer available by IP address, only by Fully Qualified Domain Name https://hash.unraid.net .  Based on the error message you are getting I'm thinking that when PIA takes over your browser they also take over DNS, and they must have configured DNS with Rebinding Protection, which prevents the browser from learning that hash.unraid.net points to a local IP address.

If you want to use the webgui when the PIA Chrome plugin is enabled you can either setup Remote Access and use the Remote Access url (www.hash.unraid.net) instead of the local access url (hash.unraid.net). Or you can disable Local SSL (Settings -> Management Access -> Use SSL/TLS = No)

Another option would be to add a second user profile to Chrome and only enable PIA on one of them.

 

Link to post
  • Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello Unraid Community!   Today we're excited to give you a sneak peak at something we've been working on for quite some time.  A new feature we like to call My Servers.   "My Serv

Would you mind running `unraid-api restart` in a terminal and let me know if that sorts it. I’ve added this to our bug tracker. 

Now available in CA  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ljm42 said:

 

OK, so keep in mind that I do not use the PIA Chrome plugin, so I am making assumptions based on what you are telling me. I am trying to explain what is happening but it is unlikely I will be to affect the way the plugin works.

 

You say you can access your dockers, I'm guessing the url is something like http://ipaddress:port ? OK that means they are not blocking your local network.

 

But once you enable Local SSL your Unraid webgui is no longer available by IP address, only by Fully Qualified Domain Name https://hash.unraid.net .  Based on the error message you are getting I'm thinking that when PIA takes over your browser they also take over DNS, and they must have configured DNS with Rebinding Protection, which prevents the browser from learning that hash.unraid.net points to a local IP address.

If you want to use the webgui when the PIA Chrome plugin is enabled you can either setup Remote Access and use the Remote Access url (www.hash.unraid.net) instead of the local access url (hash.unraid.net). Or you can disable Local SSL (Settings -> Management Access -> Use SSL/TLS = No)

Another option would be to add a second user profile to Chrome and only enable PIA on one of them.

 

Thanks, I couldn't get the www. working (kept getting ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR), and I was kind of worried about disabling SSL given my unify keeps telling me there's an active threats against my unraid NGINX ports. 

But I was able to add the hash.unraid.net to bypass list, and is now working fine. thank you!

Link to post
1 hour ago, takkkkkkk said:

Thanks, I couldn't get the www. working (kept getting ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR)

 

I'm confused, have you enabled Remote Access or not? If so, access the My Servers Dashboard:

   https://forums.unraid.net/my-servers/
from outside of your LAN and it will give you the correct Remote Access url, with the proper hostname and port.  

 

If not, then your Nginx ports should not be exposed to the Internet.

 

1 hour ago, takkkkkkk said:

But I was able to add the hash.unraid.net to bypass list,

 

What bypass list is that, something in PIA?

Link to post
8 hours ago, ljm42 said:

If not, then your Nginx ports should not be exposed to the Internet.

I have enabled remote access, everything "seems" to be working. I'm abit concerned about the comment above, so I'm going to try to explain what I'm seeing, though I'm helpless determining what exactly is going on though...

- I have enabled remote access, in "my servers" page , it shows local access when I'm on local network, and shows remote when I'm not.

- Everything appears to be working when with my browser's pia vpn turned off.

- when I enabled PIA on my browser and when I'm on the same physical network as the server, and

        try to access http://serverip, it directs to http://hash.unraid.net, I get an error: ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED

        try to access http://www.hash.unraid.net, I get an error: ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR

 

The reason I mentioned about NGINX was because one of the reco was to turnoff ssl, but I was abit worried of doing this because according to unifi, I'm getting alot of attempt to NGINX port, and I didn't know what turning off SSL meant, so I thought I better be safe and keep it turned on.

 

- I think the simple fix was, on pia creating a rule to bypass http://hash.unraid.net, and everything seems to be working now. but not really sure why I got ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR error when I tried accessing http://www.hash.unraid.net, feels like it  should have worked as though I'm browsing remotely.

 

 

 

Link to post
13 hours ago, takkkkkkk said:

my unify keeps telling me there's an active threats against my unraid NGINX ports.

 

Under no circumstances should Unraid port 80 be exposed to the Internet. And Unraid should not be in your DMZ either, see:

   https://unraid.net/blog/unraid-server-security-best-practices

 

Port 443 should not be forwarded either. The only Unraid nginx port you should have forwarded is the "WAN Port" you configured on the Unraid.net settings page. As mentioned in the blog post above and the documentation:
  https://wiki.unraid.net/My_Servers#Configuring_Remote_Access
This should be a random high port, not 443.

 

2 hours ago, takkkkkkk said:

but not really sure why I got ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR error when I tried accessing http://www.hash.unraid.net, feels like it  should have worked as though I'm browsing remotely.

 

You need to append the "WAN port" to that url as well.   And it needs to be https not http.  The easiest way to get the correct url is from the My Servers Dashboard when you are outside of your LAN.

Link to post

I'm having an issue activating the Flash Backup option. When I click activate, the page just refreshes and does nothing.  Chrome developer tools shows that clicking the button results in a POST request to https://10.10.20.2/plugins/dynamix.unraid.net/include/UpdateFlashBackup.php, where i'm getting a 406 error.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

 

 

 

Link to post
30 minutes ago, dkylewillis said:

I'm having an issue activating the Flash Backup option. When I click activate, the page just refreshes and does nothing.  Chrome developer tools shows that clicking the button results in a POST request to https://10.10.20.2/plugins/dynamix.unraid.net/include/UpdateFlashBackup.php, where i'm getting a 406 error.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

 

 

 

 

I found that the plugin was getting the following error when trying to use git 

error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

 

The following command fixed the issue

ln -s libssl.so.1.1 /usr/lib64/libssl.so.1
ln -s libcrypto.so.1.1 /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.1

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Raul Perte said:

I just stumbled upon this. Previously it said that it cannot connect to the mothership route ending in GraphQL.

 

 

I have the same problem (both, first graphql not reachable, now this json parse thing)

Maybe its a problem on their side?

Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2021 at 8:44 PM, Raul Perte said:

Update: it started working after a. 
 





unraid-api restart

 

Thank you. I got also some errors but this fixed them.

But i am wondering why the generated flash backup is outdated (10.04.2021), i also used the command above and rebooted the server. This date is the date i setup my servers.
The uptime for example is correct.

2021-05-03 14_37_47-My Servers - Unraid und 43 weitere Seiten - Geschäftlich – Microsoft Edge.png


The generated flash backup of my second server is up to date (03.05.2021).
 

I figured out that the flash backup was for an unknown reason disabled.

Case solved ;)

 

2021-05-04 13_51_47-SN-HOME01_ManagementAccess und 42 weitere Seiten - Geschäftlich – Microsoft​ Edg.png

Edited by Harlequin42
update
Link to post
On 5/1/2021 at 9:52 AM, Raul Perte said:

I just stumbled upon this. Previously it said that it cannot connect to the mothership route ending in GraphQL.

CleanShot 2021-05-01 at 16.50.05@2x.png

Down again

Link to post

I'm wondering if there is any reason for me to need this plugin?  Im wondering because the Appdata backup app is talking about how you should use this for USB backup.  But to touch on the 4 things this plugin does:
 

 Secure Remote Access

I hardly ever need to access my Unraid server directly and when I do, I just visit rdp into my home computer (setup securily with a reverse proxy and guacamole) and open a tab to unraid.

 

Online Flash Backup

I'm not sure why I need this because the appdata backup plugin already does this (As well as backing up the appdata folder).  Syncthing is setup and copies those backups up to my remote site.

 

Real-time Monitoring

Do I need this?  Dont I already have that from the unraid dashboard?

 

License Management

Can I not do all this already on the unraid website?  Its not like its something that needs to be done very often.

Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 007craft said:

I'm wondering if there is any reason for me to need this plugin?  Im wondering because the Appdata backup app is talking about how you should use this for USB backup.  But to touch on the 4 things this plugin does:
 

 Secure Remote Access

I hardly ever need to access my Unraid server directly and when I do, I just visit rdp into my home computer (setup securily with a reverse proxy and guacamole) and open a tab to unraid.

 

Online Flash Backup

I'm not sure why I need this because the appdata backup plugin already does this (As well as backing up the appdata folder).  Syncthing is setup and copies those backups up to my remote site.

 

Real-time Monitoring

Do I need this?  Dont I already have that from the unraid dashboard?

 

License Management

Can I not do all this already on the unraid website?  Its not like its something that needs to be done very often.


I don't understand that question. Do you write this in all application threads?
There are 1120 applications in community applications. In the most cases i ask myself if i really need it and the answer is mostly no. So the app is not useful for me, but there was a usecase in first place that someone created this and it is used by users.

So to answer your questions:

Secure Remote Access
I connect really often to my server and i am often in this forum so there is a usecase for me. Additionally i still have my browser shortcut. So depends on how you work or you want to work.

Online Flash Backup
Appdata Backup != (is not) flash Backup. i recently had an issue with my flash drive, first time since years but i was really happy i just installed this application a few days before, because the last backup of my flash drive was some days/weeks ago.
Additionally in the appdata backup application you see this message:

Quote

"NOTE: USB Backup is deprecated on Unraid version 6.9.0 It is advised to use the Unraid.net plugin instead"

So it is not supported anymore in 6.9.x and the solution is this application.
You can make a script to aumatically backup your flash drive (to a drifferent server or NAS otherwise you are not able to start your server if something went wrong with the flash drive).

Real-time Monitoring
To get to the dashboard you have to connect to your server via "Secure Remote Access" (See Point 1) ;)
It's good to have a first view.

License Management
Yes you can do it via the website but this way is way esier and faster.


So i can totally understand why this was developed and for me it is a really useful application to be a bit more safe if something happens.

 

Edited by Harlequin42
update
Link to post
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Harlequin42 said:

Online Flash Backup
Appdata Backup != (is not) flash Backup. i recently had an issue with my flash drive, first time since years but i was really happy i just installed this application a few days before, because the last backup of my flash drive was some days/weeks ago.
Additionally in the appdata backup application you see this message:

So it is not supported anymore in 6.9.x and the solution is this application.
You can make a script to aumatically backup your flash drive (to a drifferent server or NAS otherwise you are not able to start your server if something went wrong with the flash drive).

 


Thanks for the input.  In regards to this, I keep hearing Appdata Backup != (is not) flash Backup, but why is that?  It backs up my entire flash drive to a folder on the array once a week, and then instantly syncs it to my remote computer (With syncthing as mentioned before).  Is that not a backup?  If my drive fails wouldn't I just take my backup on my remote computer and put it onto a new USB stick?

This is the main functionality of this plugin that I'm wondering about but not sure how splitting up my appdata and flash backup duties into 2 separate plugins is supposed to be a good thing that everywhere I read is recommending to do it that way? 

Edited by 007craft
Link to post
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, 007craft said:


Thanks for the input.  In regards to this, I keep hearing Appdata Backup != (is not) flash Backup, but why is that?  It backs up my entire flash drive to a folder on the array once a week, and then instantly syncs it to my remote computer (With syncthing as mentioned before).  Is that not a backup?  If my drive fails wouldn't I just take my backup on my remote computer and put it onto a new USB stick?

This is the main functionality of this plugin that I'm wondering about but not sure how splitting up my appdata and flash backup duties into 2 separate plugins is supposed to be a good thing that everywhere I read is recommending to do it that way? 


I think this is a missunderstanding.
Appdata and flash drives are two different things.

The application "Backup/Restore Appdata" is mainly responsible for backing up and restoring the appdata folder.
It has the functionality to also backup the flash drive.
The way you do it is more advanced then many other user who maybe not have a second server or a NAS or something.
There is nothing wrong with the way you do it.
Since the functionality to backup the flash drive is deprecated in "Backup/Restore Appdata" i don't know how long it will work that way.
So you can switch to unraid.net application or write a small script that copies and zip the flash drive.

The purpose of "Backup/Restore Appdata" is like the name implies to backup and restore the appdata folder not the flash drive. I don't know if this was already in the first version implememted or an update because the owner wants this in his applkication or was ask to implement it. So the app you are using for the flash backup is not supposed to do it.

And because of excatly these questions and requierments new applications are writen.
So if you don't like to split the backups into two different apps you are free to create your own app like "unraid system backup/restore/sync" to backup, restore and sync the backup all the system relevant files/folders and copy it to a differnt system.
 

Edited by Harlequin42
Link to post
1 minute ago, Spoonsy1480 said:

This has happened how do I fix it. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling no change

  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

0004831E-4A31-4EE7-9B16-B0C059DF1482.thumb.jpeg.35acc4359be3a50bf5f8f06d5e8376e0.jpeg


Have you tried this?

 

1. open console on unraid or connect via ssh

2. Type „unraid-api restart“

3. hit enter

4. refresh

Link to post

Identity crisis.

 

I was looking for My Servers on the plugin page but there it's called Unraid.net. It would be nice to settle on one name.

 

Also, the App store has a link to the Support thread which goes to a general category.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.