My Servers Early Access Plugin


Recommended Posts

On 8/10/2021 at 8:26 AM, jbuszkie said:

Update..

I do get the spinning circle every time I try to apply when I change something in my servers area.

If I disable remote access...  I get the spinning circle.

But  when I go back to something else or refresh, I see the new setting.  Same thing if I enable ..  I get the spinning applying that never goes away..  But if I refresh, it sticks.

However...  If I try to change the port, it never sticks.  I always see the 443 port.  Double however...  if I actually try the remote

access, I see the new port being used and it works fine even though the webpage settings still says port 443.

 

I do have the flash backup disabled if that has anything to do with this...

 

Bug?  Something with my setup?

 

Would you please try this again? It should work now.

 

This form updates DDNS for your server and we recently made a server-side change to the DDNS script that caused problems here.  Sorry about that ;) 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

I want to completely uninstall anything that the plugin put on my server. I have not signed in using this app. I do not want to sign in using this app. 

 

How do I uninstall without logging in to "deactivate"? I see the API was updated, too. Why would an API be updated alongside an app, if I've not yet logged in? There shouldn't be any information that's already been shared if I did not log in.

 

I do not want any data of mine stored. My LAN IPs, my URLs. Nothing. I have not signed in yet, so I assume there has been no submission of my personal data to UNRAID without my authorization by merely installing the app. I assume that, in good faith, no data was already sent from my machine, as there were no T&Cs that I agreed to in order for UNRAID to legally obtain that information.

 

I actually wasn't even aware of this app (I dont frequent these forums unless I truly need some help) and I was actually looking for pihole by searching 'pi' in the apps page, saw it, wanted to try it out, realized what it was after I saw the UI shift. But again, no T&C accepted and no authorization granted.

Edited by erlipton
added word "in"
Link to comment
20 minutes ago, erlipton said:

I want to completely uninstall anything that the plugin put on my server. I have not signed in using this app. I do not want to sign in using this app. 

 

How do I uninstall without logging in to "deactivate"? 

 

If you did not sign in then you would not have had the opportunity to setup Flash Backup or Remote Access, which do need to send some data. But in any case, please see https://wiki.unraid.net/My_Servers#Uninstalling_the_plugin 

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

 

If you did not sign in then you would not have had the opportunity to setup Flash Backup or Remote Access, which do need to send some data. But in any case, please see https://wiki.unraid.net/My_Servers#Uninstalling_the_plugin 

 

Yes, sorry, completed those steps mid-post above - I had misunderstood the part about "My Server" section in Mgmt Access, got a little skittish when all I saw was "sign in."

 

I would like confirmation that nothing was sent outside of my network if I did not sign in. Please confirm?

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, erlipton said:

 

Yes, sorry, completed those steps mid-post above - I had misunderstood the part about "My Server" section in Mgmt Access, got a little skittish when all I saw was "sign in."

 

I would like confirmation that nothing was sent outside of my network if I did not sign in. Please confirm?

 

Signing in is the first step to enabling any of the features of My Servers, no data was sent 

 

I highly recommend that you read about plugins before installing them. When viewing a plugin or docker in Community Apps, there is an "information" icon as well as a "support thread" icon.

Link to comment
On 8/11/2021 at 7:38 PM, ljm42 said:

 

Would you please try this again? It should work now.

 

This form updates DDNS for your server and we recently made a server-side change to the DDNS script that caused problems here.  Sorry about that ;) 

Yeah..  It works fine now!

Can't wait for it to be able to send encrypted flash images!  

I have to upgrade my flash drive though!  It's only one Gig....  And maybe 11 years old!  Might be time anyway!! lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 7/12/2021 at 12:42 PM, ljm42 said:

 

Flash Backup works fine for most, but we do have a couple of people with this issue, we're looking for additional logging to add to help track down the issue.

 

In the meantime, please PM me your /var/log/gitflash file. The easiest way to get it is to open a web terminal and type:

cp /var/log/gitflash /boot

Then attach the gitflash file from the root of your flash drive.

 

Please include your diagnostics (from Tools -> Diagnostics) as well. And a screenshot showing what the web page looks like after you press activate and nothing happens.

 

Thanks!

 

I am having the same issue with being unable to activate the Flash backup. Currently showing not activated but refuses to turn on. I see the message you asked someone to provide the gitflash file. When I run the command above to retrieve it I am shown that the file does not exist. 

 

error message:
cp: cannot stat '/var/log/gitflash': No such file or directory

Link to comment
9 hours ago, soultaco83 said:

 

I am having the same issue with being unable to activate the Flash backup. Currently showing not activated but refuses to turn on. I see the message you asked someone to provide the gitflash file. When I run the command above to retrieve it I am shown that the file does not exist. 

 

error message:
cp: cannot stat '/var/log/gitflash': No such file or directory

 

Please include your diagnostics (from Tools -> Diagnostics) as well. And a screenshot showing what the web page looks like after you press activate and nothing happens.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, nttu said:

I have some trouble,My network agent prevented the correct Wan IP from being sent to unraid.net. DDNS script,Can I tell unraid.net my correct Wan IP through “duckdns”?

 

We collect the WAN IP that Unraid used to contact our servers. Sorry, if you are unable to accept traffic on that IP then this Remote Access solution isn't going to work for you.

Link to comment

Living out in the country, where I have 2 internet connections because they are either unreliable, or brutally restricted: I can't use the remote access, because both of my providers are double NAT'd and unable/unwilling to pass ports through.

 

If only there was some system in place like what is used by Teamviewer that connects my server to the Unraid system to allow me to follow it back in.

 

I don't know nearly enough to know if that is a huge deal, or if it is a huge security issue... Just thought I'd put it out there.

 

 

 

Link to comment

dockers/apps pages load super slow after installing this app. it is quite annoying. is that normal? 

 

edit: i didn't set anything up. i signed out and uninstalled. after uninstalling the app, i'm getting:

'Backup Server Active. Some icons may not appear, and plugin installations may be affected'

 

there is also no appdata cleanup to be found after uninstalling strangely. i am guessing i need to manually clean it up.

 

what are the files exactly to delete from flash? there is no specification on the wiki as to what to delete. 

Deactivate and delete the backup files from your flash drive. We will provide a way to remove them from our server later.

 

 i want to get rid of the backup server (why is it active even after uninstalling??), it is causing my apps tab to load extremely slow

Edited by jayephx
Link to comment
2 hours ago, jayephx said:

edit: i didn't set anything up. i signed out and uninstalled. after uninstalling the app, i'm getting:

'Backup Server Active. Some icons may not appear, and plugin installations may be affected'

 

This message has nothing to do with My Servers Flash Backup. Please provide a screenshot so we can see it in context.
 

2 hours ago, jayephx said:

there is also no appdata cleanup to be found after uninstalling strangely. i am guessing i need to manually clean it up.

 

This is not a docker container. It stores nothing in appdata.

 

2 hours ago, jayephx said:

what are the files exactly to delete from flash? there is no specification on the wiki as to what to delete. 

Deactivate and delete the backup files from your flash drive. We will provide a way to remove them from our server later.

 

Please re-read the wiki:
  https://wiki.unraid.net/My_Servers#Uninstalling_the_plugin

 

If you uninstalled the latest version of the plugin it will clean up the flash backup files off the flash drive for you. If you never started the flash backup then there is nothing to clean up.

 

If you want to confirm this, scroll down just a little in the wiki and follow the manual steps, you will see that there is no .git folder on your flash drive.

 

2 hours ago, jayephx said:

 i want to get rid of the backup server (why is it active even after uninstalling??), it is causing my apps tab to load extremely slow

 

If you never enabled flash backup, and if you have already uninstalled the plugin, then your issue is unrelated to My Servers Flash Backup.

I'd recommend you reboot your server and if the issue persists, upload your diagnostics. I might be able to help track it down, if not I'll ask you to start a new thread in general support.

 

Link to comment
On 9/1/2021 at 9:42 AM, jayephx said:

Backup Server Active.

This means that your server is unable to reach GitHub to access the primary application feed, and is instead utilizing a mirror of it hosted on amazonaws.  Since a fair amount of icons and all of the plugins are hosted on GitHub, the message is a warning that those aspects may be affected within CA (and also the Plugins Page won't be able to check for updates etc)

 

EDIT: And it should also be noted that the only place this will ever appear is within the APPS tab

  • Like 1
Link to comment

what a buggy mess!

 

Installed, and now I cannot reach my own servers via local IP, everytime I put in the local IP it automatically redirects to the <randomGUID>.unraid.net

 

which just results in errors and no page loads. Why is it doing that? at no point should unraid ever intercept a local IP and replace it with an internet facing address. 

 

how do I remove this if I cannot now get to the management interface of unRaid?

Edited by mpasternak
Link to comment
2 hours ago, mpasternak said:

Installed, and now I cannot reach my own servers via local IP

 

It sounds like you are in the process of setting up the optional Remote Access feature. In Unraid 6.9 this also requires you to setup SSL for local access, which on certain networks can be tricky. 

 

If you can't access the webgui after enabling local SSL, see:

  https://wiki.unraid.net/My_Servers#How_to_access_your_server_when_DNS_is_down

 

Once you have access to the webgui, if you would like to disable SSL see:

  https://wiki.unraid.net/My_Servers#How_to_disable_SSL_for_local_access

 

If you would like to keep local SSL, the most likely cause of your issues is a feature on your router called "DNS Rebinding". To confirm that, open a web terminal and type:

ping rebindtest.unraid.net

after a few seconds you can press "ctrl c". If DNS Rebinding is NOT a problem you will see it resolve to 192.168.42.42:

root@ODROID:~# ping rebindtest.unraid.net
PING rebindtest.unraid.net (192.168.42.42) 56(84) bytes of data.
^C
--- rebindtest.unraid.net ping statistics ---
2 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 1044m

 

If it does not resolve to 192.168.42.42 then you need to figure out how to disable DNS Rebinding on your network. It is usually set in your router.

 

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, mpasternak said:

 

thank you. was now able to get in and remove the plugin

Enabling secure access was what changed, you can run this plugin without that, but you won't be able to reach your server over the internet through this plugin without secure access enabled. You can still use this plugin for flash backup.

Link to comment

I'm using the My Servers plug-in/feature(s). I find it to be a very elegant, very useful and I'm using it routinely to manage my three Unraid hosts. I've followed some (not all) the discussion in this thread with interest. Thank you for the work that has gone into creating/adding and refining My Servers. And thanks also to others that have conducted what seems to be fairly thorough review, testing, evaluation and feedback. Thanks again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Sullrosh said:

i also had problems when my internet was down i was not able to connect to my server without installing a video card and booting into gui mode.please make it when on the local network to allow access from the ip address without redirecting 

 

Unraid 6.10 has more flexibility here, it will allow you to setup SSL for Remote Access without also requiring it for local access.

   https://wiki.unraid.net/My_Servers#Configuring_Remote_Access_.28optional.29 

 

Unraid 6.10 is currently in pre-release:

  https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/prereleases/ 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: This problem was unrelated to MyServers plugin, this was just a symptom. My nginx was having issues and filling my logs, so I did a "/etc/rc.d/rc.nginx restart" and it seemed to resolve it thanks to this post: 

 

-----

 

 

 

I'm having tons of issues with accessing my WebGUI.. I'm not sure if it's related to the MyServers plugin or not but I'm seeing this:

 

image.png.671864c2bc1721ea0abb23bc6307c794.png

 

In console I'm seeing this:

 

image.thumb.png.499a871b3916aa01123e6a7e3db01210.png

 

The WebUI just shows a perpetual loader:

image.thumb.png.4d4a6288c713725990968a2b9bbce898.png

 

I did an "unraid-api restart" and got this:

 

image.png.529086541c5534ee7650a2e51147c2d8.png

 

Unfortunately no change. In console I'm seeing this still:

 

image.thumb.png.88a2571bd86d9eef137edaa994822ce4.png

Edited by tmchow
Link to comment
2 hours ago, tmchow said:

Update: This problem was unrelated to MyServers plugin, this was just a symptom. My nginx was having issues and filling my logs, so I did a "/etc/rc.d/rc.nginx restart" and it seemed to resolve it thanks to this post:

 

Thanks for posting this follow up! I was struggling to come up with a fix.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.