6.9.1 Problem with Docker containers and NAT Port Forwarding

EDIT: I'm now pretty sure it's a problem with pfSense 2.5.0's NAT port forwarding, not Unraid. But still, if you have any ideas, I can still use the help! At this point I'm just going to try to downgrade pfSense to 2.4.5. Ugh.

I previously wrote:

---------------snip-----------

Hi all,

I have a bunch of docker containers that were all working perfectly for a long time. (The typical stuff like Plex, Overseerr, geth, etc.) I had been running Unraid 6.8.3 and pfSense 2.4.x with port forwarding. Everything was peachy.

A couple days ago I upgraded to pfSense 2.5.0 and Unraid 6.9.1, and now none of my port forwards work anymore. 😞

When I check the packet state on pfSense, they show "NO_TRAFFIC:SINGLE" for udp and "CLOSED:SYN_SENT" for tcp connections. From what I can figure out from searching for this problem, this means that the Unraid server is not responding to the packets correctly. The few answers I've found online seem to indicate that it has something to do with the server not having a correct default gateway or route for the answering packets.

I have checked every setting I can think of. I am almost certain the problem is not with pfSense, since it is forwarding packets correctly. I'm almost sure it's that Unraid -- in particular, Unraid's docker and/or network configuration -- is not sending reply packets correctly. I have no idea what I should try next.

If you have any ideas, please share! All of my docker services are now unavailable outside my network until I get the port forwarding problem figured out. 😞

Thank you!

Scott

Edited by grigsby
Clarifying problem is pfSense
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Amm, have you checked in LAN? in my case a similar thing happened and I can't access ports even in the same LAN. After checking with Advanced Port Scanner, it will show every docker port closed, although unraid ports are working:

Port 21 (TCP)
vsftpd Misconfigured
Port 22 (TCP)
OpenSSH 8.4 protocol 2.0
Port 23 (TCP)
Linux telnetd
Port 80 (TCP)
nginx
Port 111 (TCP)
rpcbind
Port 139 (TCP)
Samba smbd 3.X - 4.X workgroup: WORKGROUP
Port 445 (TCP)
Samba smbd 3.X - 4.X workgroup: WORKGROUP

I recently moved my entire network (including my router) to a new house (just a modem swap) and now I can't access my servers :( although anything that does not require a port seems to be working fine (everything on my VMs)

Any help is appreciated.