Previously used array HDD not showing up

I initially had an array of 4x4TB drives (1 for parity) with a 2x1Tb cache pool. I have gradually replaced all of the 4TB drives with 12Tb ones. 

I would like to use one of the 4TB ones as a dedicated drive for a VM but unRAID doesn’t seem to see it. 

My motherboard has 8 SATA connections 6 are taken up with the array and cache drives. I plugged two of the 4TB drives into the last two sata ports but they don’t show in the UnRAID interface. 

Do they need formatting on another machine first?

You have a USB device ‘spamming’ your syslog which makes it difficult to look for errors - if possible remove it.

as far as I can there is only the one SATA controller showing up at the hardware level.   You probably need to check in your BIOS settings that the controller for the additional 2 SATA ports is actually enabled. 

• Like 1

You were completely right. I had to enable the ports as it shares PCIe lanes with one of the PCIe connectors. It's now working as expected and as a bonus I was able to enable virtulisation as I didn't realise that was disabled by default.

Thanks.