Restart cache with NEW drives (SOLVED)

The title says it but back story. I do not have the old cache drives (there was nothing on my cache drives it was not used at all). I have 3 new shiny drives I want to use instead. but I CAN NOT get unraid to let me use them.

I am currently stuck with not being able to lower the cache drive count lower then 3. No matter what I try....  My array is back up and running fine. (currently rebuilding) but for the life of me I can NOT get the stupid cache drives back up. Had i known it was going to be this big of an issue I would have kept the old drives rather then let a friend have them. I have 3 nvme drives I want to run balanced in the cache. When I put them in the 3 slots I get "Unmountable: No pool uuid". When I google that the advice is to set the cache to one drive. However, I can not set it lower then 3, its just greyed out at 3 unless I mount all 3 then I can only go UP and not down to 1. I am pretty sure I am going crazy. 

Their is NO DATA on the cache so any options that does not mess with the array will be nice 

Edit - I also have no dockers or shares on this system yet, just a but ton of data on the array

Edit 2 - So, it turns out I AM A F*%^ING MORON....    So I all the things I said, but I missed one button....   the "format" button at the bottom.....   I just assumed since I formatted it before adding it to the cache it was formatted and didn't even look for that. It pains me to admit this but i seriously just spent 2 hours on this....

Edited by Waffle
add something and im an idiot

Longer post for those wondering about my highly unusual setup. 

I had a ransomware attack on my network and they took out everything they could... Well it just happens at the moment they decided to do that I was moving a large number of files over night so I had an active connection to my unraid server via a windows system. Long story short they got everything...  A bit of good news though, A friend of mine had a backup (albeit a bit old) of my content. so for the last week my server has been at his house moving 68TB of data back onto my server. Before moving it to his house I removed all dockers, all data on the cache, disabled parity, and cache so the transfer would go faster and basicly set the server to base bones. I got it back today and as a thank you gave him my old sata SSD's I was using as the cache drives. Before I even booted the system in my house I added the new nvme drives. When I tried to re-enable the cache, unraid was having none of it. So, I figured, meh there was nothing on the cache drives anyway so just format it, well that didnt work either. Now I am in need of help...   Or perhaps I need to reinstall unraid, but I dont know what that will do to the array. That is a last resort in my eyes anyway.

• Waffle changed the title to Restart cache with NEW drives (SOLVED)