Issue adding HBA

Con

Hi,

I had 4 drives plugged into my MB working fine. I added a HBA card and moved them over. One of my disks became disabled. I did the procedure for re-enabling it but that didn't work. So I added a new drive and did a parity rebuild. Then that drive is showed unmountable. So I did a drive format thinking I would only loose the data on that one drive. I did the format and then a parity/data rebuild. 

Now all my drives are mounted okay but there is nothing in any of my shares (other than ones on the cache pool). If I go to root/media/user the shares are there but empty. If I go to each disk root/media/disk1 the folders in the shares are there but no files.

The dashboard shows the drives are still full.

My dockers have gone but the appdata folder and docker.img are on my cache drive.

Any ideas on what to do? 

I didn't mind loosing one drive worth of films but now all my data is unreachable. 

You're having issues with the disks on the HBA:

Mar 14 07:32:02 Unraid kernel: md: disk3 read error, sector=4395399968
Mar 14 07:32:02 Unraid kernel: md: disk1 read error, sector=4395399944
Mar 14 07:32:02 Unraid kernel: md: disk0 read error, sector=4395399944

Make sure it's well seated or try a different slot, you should also update the LSI firmware to latest.

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

You're having issues with the disks on the HBA:

Mar 14 07:32:02 Unraid kernel: md: disk3 read error, sector=4395399968
Mar 14 07:32:02 Unraid kernel: md: disk1 read error, sector=4395399944
Mar 14 07:32:02 Unraid kernel: md: disk0 read error, sector=4395399944

Make sure it's well seated or try a different slot, you should also update the LSI firmware to latest.

Thanks, I'll try it in a different slot. 

My X570 board only has 2 full length PCIe slots. I also have a quad intel NIC card and RTX3070. So I cut the end out of one of the shorter slots so my HBA fits. 

I'd seen Linus do it in an old video. I assumed I'd just loose a bit of max bandwidth if it's using less lanes. 

I'll swap the HBA and NIC and see what happens. Cheers

Okay so swapped the NIC and HBA. It didn't want to boot for a while but after a few tries it now boots. 

All my disks seam to be okay.

But if I try to start my RTX3070 VM the Tiano core screen appears but I can also still see the unraid GUI! I'm using the spaceinvader method to pass through. 

I then can't shutdown unraid through the GUI, so I have to power off the server with the power button.

But then if i reboot into GUI mode the GUI is inaccessible. I have to boot into safe mode with GUI. Start the array and then restart in GUI mode. 

So I am stuck in this loop 😂unraid-diagnostics-20210314-1539.zip

I've added my log, at the point where I am about to start the VM.

Any ideas?