[SOLVED] Unraid.net "My Servers" communication error

Hi, so I have a couble of issues with the new "My Servers" integration of unraid.net.

My setup is:

- Unraid 6.9.1 server dedicated hardware, default ports for WebUI changed to 8080 and 4433 (SSL), as 80 and 443 are used by a container.

- pfSense 2.5.0 on dedicated hardware the DNS resolver has unraid.net excluded for the DNS rebind: server: private-domain: "unraid.net"

The problems I had:

1. The first error is when logging in, I get the error "Communication with [UnraidName] has timed out"

Problems I solved:

1. In the menu it shows My Servers Error, guest doesn't have permission to access "servers". Why would I want guests to access my server?

- Solved by entering "unraid-api restart" on the cli as per the solution from ljm42

2. When trying to provision a Unraid.net certificate I get the error that the router has DNS rebind enabled, unraid.net is explicitly allowed already and the url does resolve properly
       - Solved by entering the xyz.unraid.net:8080 domain with port manually and trying to provision again

The only other thing that is working is the flash-backup.

Is this all due to using non-default ports? Or is there some other problem that I need to resolve?

If anything more specific is required, I'll try to provide it.

Edited by Thx And Bye
  • Thx And Bye changed the title to Unraid.net "My Servers" communication error

Im looking at the same problems.

For me the solution for nr 3. was that I was using the xxx.local 'site' instead of the actual ip adress.

When I switched to 192.168.1.xxx and tried it again, it worked.

But somehow when I applied the SSL link, it changed from 192.168.1.x to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.unraid.net and the connection timed out. Using the xxxx.local adress enabled me to revert the settings.

It's working now, but I can't seem to connect remotely. Probably due to the guest access persmissions.

Oh I didn't see this thread, been hanging out over here: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/104018-my-servers-early-access-plugin

First, go to the Plugins tab and make sure all of your plugins are up to date.

For the "guest doesn't have permissions error" or "access unavailable" message, go to a terminal window and type:

unraid-api restart

When the API restarts it will hopefully make a proper connection and resolve this issue. Preventing this problem is #1 on our list.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, ljm42 said:

When the API restarts it will hopefully make a proper connection and resolve this issue. Preventing this problem is #1 on our list.

Restarting the api solved the issue for me and it connected properly.

5 hours ago, ljm42 said:

Oh I didn't see this thread, been hanging out over here: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/104018-my-servers-early-access-plugin

The "Support Thread" for the plugin links just to the general support forum, so I assumed that I had to post problems in here.

Edited by Thx And Bye
  • Like 1
  • Thx And Bye changed the title to [SOLVED] Unraid.net "My Servers" communication error