[SUPPORT] PasswordPusher (PWPush) - CorneliousJD Repo

This thread will server as a support thread for both the Ephemeral and PostgreSQL versions.

Demo: https://pwpush.com/

Ephemeral

This scenario runs the app in a single container using sqlite3 with no persistent storage (if you recreate the container the data is lost); best if you don't care too much about the data, or are just looking for quick/fast sharing, and and looking for simplicity in deployment.

PostgreSQL

Persistent storage for PostgreSQL is assured by using a volume on the host machine.

The Database URL paramater is formatted as follows.

DATABASE_URL=postgresql://pwpush_user:pwpush_passwd@postgres_server:5432/pwpush_db

Edited by CorneliousJD

This is absolutely awesome. I've been using this a little while from the DockerHub but it's always good to get a CA version for Unraid. Great job!

Can't for the life of me figure out how to access the css files of the app which I'd like to use to give a little personal flair to it, so that anybody who receives a password from me is sort of unconsciously reassured that it's definitely my site! If anybody has any pointers on where I should be digging, that would be really appreciated.

1 hour ago, Ciaran Madden said:

This is absolutely awesome. I've been using this a little while from the DockerHub but it's always good to get a CA version for Unraid. Great job!

Can't for the life of me figure out how to access the css files of the app which I'd like to use to give a little personal flair to it, so that anybody who receives a password from me is sort of unconsciously reassured that it's definitely my site! If anybody has any pointers on where I should be digging, that would be really appreciated.

Glad to bring it to CA and get more eyes on it!

If the author if the actual docker container is pulling the contents of the repot when the container starts, then the CSS Files would always be wiped with what's in github every time.

If NOT then it exists in the container itself and you'd have to map the contents of that folder to appdata, however I don't know the inner workings of the container itself, it seemed like an easy one to bring into CA so I did, but the only instructions for Docker from the author do *not* reference mapping a data source like this.

https://github.com/pglombardo/PasswordPusher/tree/master/containerization#you-can-run-passwordpusher-in-multiple-containerized-scenarios

I would actually suggest submitting an issue/feature request on GitHub asking for the mapping info to map the CSS file to an a volume so you can edit it. See if they bite. If so keep me in the loop and I'll adjust the template to include it as well :)

Good luck, enjoy!

On 3/18/2021 at 6:47 AM, Ciaran Madden said:

You may also be interested in another option that is being published right now to CA (should be live within 2 hours)

Info on it here with a link to a demo.

The container I'm publishing in CA will let you customize the color and the logo and favicon, but not the text on the page at all.

• 3 months later...

I had installed password pusher a while back and then something happened where I deleted it and wanted to reinstall,  ever since it installs but doesn't work.  When I try to click show more settings to specify the path before installing it come up empty with nothing.   It feels like there is some residual settings somewhere from the previous install or something. I deleted the image from apps as well with same outcome.  Any help where I should look next would be greatly appreciated.

18 hours ago, techman2005 said:

I had installed password pusher a while back and then something happened where I deleted it and wanted to reinstall,  ever since it installs but doesn't work.  When I try to click show more settings to specify the path before installing it come up empty with nothing.   It feels like there is some residual settings somewhere from the previous install or something. I deleted the image from apps as well with same outcome.  Any help where I should look next would be greatly appreciated.

Can you describe what you mean about the path before installing? Perhapsd a screenshot will help?

Also, if you're interested in another container, I personally run OneTimePassword istead of Password Pusher now, both are good options though!

Usually with this setting I can choose where to put the persistent data. Now that I think of it I guess this app has none.  Anyhow when I install and start the docker it shows running and when I want to try and access the we UI it doesn't load. When opening console for the app I get "Error response from daemon: Container dea6f98601b5d5022e5a9f3db9e8f2e229dedff4ca1288bde8a9db79ae9e3c11 is not running" . Thanks in advance and I will check out OTP.

image.png.a469049c2e478eccd1ab27f1fc482fd8.png

On 7/15/2021 at 3:33 PM, techman2005 said:

Usually with this setting I can choose where to put the persistent data. Now that I think of it I guess this app has none.  Anyhow when I install and start the docker it shows running and when I want to try and access the we UI it doesn't load. When opening console for the app I get "Error response from daemon: Container dea6f98601b5d5022e5a9f3db9e8f2e229dedff4ca1288bde8a9db79ae9e3c11 is not running" . Thanks in advance and I will check out OTP.

image.png.a469049c2e478eccd1ab27f1fc482fd8.png

So it looks like they changed the port number for some reason from 5000 to 5100... try changing these manually. I'll edit my templates and push updates to CA 

After I edited everything to 5100 it works.

REMINDER: Toggle advanced on and edit the WebUI port as well to 5100 ;) 

image.thumb.png.17f33bef9130a713907b8dc7d979f2a7.png

• 1 month later...

Hi all.  I'm the author of Password Pusher.  It was a nice find to see pwpush on Unraid.

A couple comments:

5100 is the port going forward now.  Apologies for the unintended change.  We now have tests/validations to test this going forward.

CSS Customization has been requested a good number of times.  I plan to add some options make this easier.  To add custom branding such as changing the logo, tag line and text.  On the list but not done yet.

The app has recently had a facelift and coming in the next couple weeks will be logins with full audit logs for each password your push.

881977812_2021-09-1016_20.41127.0.0.10113dc454551.thumb.png.a7607311c04e3bb54ebe232cf462d00c.png

If you all have any other problems/ issues, please feel free to contact me.  I'll be following this thread.

Best,

Peter Giacomo Lombardo

On 9/11/2021 at 8:20 AM, Peter Giacomo Lombardo said:

Hi all.  I'm the author of Password Pusher.  It was a nice find to see pwpush on Unraid.

A couple comments:

5100 is the port going forward now.  Apologies for the unintended change.  We now have tests/validations to test this going forward.

CSS Customization has been requested a good number of times.  I plan to add some options make this easier.  To add custom branding such as changing the logo, tag line and text.  On the list but not done yet.

The app has recently had a facelift and coming in the next couple weeks will be logins with full audit logs for each password your push.

If you all have any other problems/ issues, please feel free to contact me.  I'll be following this thread.

Best,

Peter Giacomo Lombardo

Thanks for all this! I really like PWPush! I ended up using another option in production (OneTimePassword) because the container I used has CSS/logo customizations, etc, and we needed it to be branded, but I would definately reconsider once PWPush has that feature.

I REALLY like the audit logging too, thank you for that.

If I could request one more feature it would be the days/views and use "1 click password retrieval" to be an option to set somewhere too so it's a global default.

Our whole team would need that set.

Ideally a way to let it NOT be overridden too, e.g. our team ONLY sends passwords that can be viewed ONCE and that's it for safety reasons. 

15 hours ago, CorneliousJD said:

Thanks for all this! I really like PWPush! I ended up using another option in production (OneTimePassword) because the container I used has CSS/logo customizations, etc, and we needed it to be branded, but I would definately reconsider once PWPush has that feature.

I REALLY like the audit logging too, thank you for that.

If I could request one more feature it would be the days/views and use "1 click password retrieval" to be an option to set somewhere too so it's a global default.

Our whole team would need that set.

Ideally a way to let it NOT be overridden too, e.g. our team ONLY sends passwords that can be viewed ONCE and that's it for safety reasons. 

I appreciate the feedback.  It's really helpful.  Understood on the customizations feature.  

After logins & audit trails go out next week, I believe next up would be teams and team policies where you can set enforceable defaults for everyone.  

To make "1-click password retrieval" default enabled right now can be done with an environment variable - but it would be deselectable/users can unclick it.  With the eventual policies, it would be enabled (and the checkbox disabled) if enforced by the team policy.

59 minutes ago, Peter Giacomo Lombardo said:

I appreciate the feedback.  It's really helpful.  Understood on the customizations feature.  

After logins & audit trails go out next week, I believe next up would be teams and team policies where you can set enforceable defaults for everyone.  

To make "1-click password retrieval" default enabled right now can be done with an environment variable - but it would be deselectable/users can unclick it.  With the eventual policies, it would be enabled (and the checkbox disabled) if enforced by the team policy.

That would work with the variable for sure, and I look forward to the rest of the customzations going live, I think this will become out go-to option once those are all finished, thank you!

• Like 1

Apologies for the issue.  I'm going to change the documentation away from recommending the `latest` tag.  (And maybe introduce a `stable` tag... )

Try switching to the version tagged images (e.g. 1.9.1) - they are more tested/reliable/stable.  `latest` builds nightly off of the latest code.

docker run -d -p "5100:5100" pglombardo/pwpush-ephemeral:1.9.1

In any case, `latest` should be fixed on the next nightly build tonight.

Edited by Peter Giacomo Lombardo

Besides digging into the code, there is no way to customize the CSS or anything like that (yet). 

The possible customizations today are listed here: https://github.com/pglombardo/PasswordPusher/blob/master/Configuration.md

I'm expanding on this soon.  What specifically would you want to customize?  Do you want to write CSS or just rename the application and get some new colors?

/PGL

8 minutes ago, Peter Giacomo Lombardo said:

Besides digging into the code, there is no way to customize the CSS or anything like that (yet). 

The possible customizations today are listed here: https://github.com/pglombardo/PasswordPusher/blob/master/Configuration.md

I'm expanding on this soon.  What specifically would you want to customize?  Do you want to write CSS or just rename the application and get some new colors?

/PGL

First and foremost thank you for answering my question!

I would love to me able to either serup CSS in a manner that you will be able to replicate the example underneath:

image.thumb.png.4b5ce727f12629e6a998029df1d59e9d.png

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me!

Just now, Mirano said:

First and foremost thank you for answering my question!

I would love to me able to either serup CSS in a manner that you will be able to replicate the example underneath:

image.thumb.png.4b5ce727f12629e6a998029df1d59e9d.png

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me!

It’s also vital for me to change the language text to Dutch for example!

I've seen that re-theme 🙂  The code base has moved on quite a bit since that fork.  But it's understood what you'd like to do and I take that into account when I figure out a customization strategy for the application.

> It’s also vital for me to change the language text to Dutch for example!

Internationalization is in progress now.  The initial languages will likely be Italian, English & Spanish but let's see if I can get a Dutch translation in too.

> Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me!

It's my pleasure.  The feedback helps a lot.

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 14.56.30.png

Edited by Peter Giacomo Lombardo
2 hours ago, Peter Giacomo Lombardo said:

I've seen that re-theme 🙂  The code base has moved on quite a bit since that fork.  But it's understood what you'd like to do and I take that into account when I figure out a customization strategy for the application.

> It’s also vital for me to change the language text to Dutch for example!

Internationalization is in progress now.  The initial languages will likely be Italian, English & Spanish but let's see if I can get a Dutch translation in too.

> Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to me!

It's my pleasure.  The feedback helps a lot.

Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 14.56.30.png

Would love to translate it for you if you’d like me to!

• 1 month later...