[SUPPORT] PasswordPusher (PWPush) - CorneliousJD Repo

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, InfInIty said:

Is there any kind of walk through on how to get postgresql setup for pwpush on unraid.  I assume that verison is needed for user auth and auditing.  I am not having much luck getting them to connect.

There should be a lot of good resources for creating a Postgres DB via docker/unraid already out there if you search for them. Once you do that you should be able to simply plug in the proper requirements in to the PWPush docker container relating to the PGSQL database and be off to the races.

If you're having trouble I'd suggest trying again and taking screenshots of your setup and any errors and post them here, I can probably find the time to help with that, but I just don't have the time at the moment to build a full walkthrough for it. 

• 5 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, InfInIty said:

So I got this all working, but how can I setup logins and so forth with it.  I do not even see that option on my instance of pwpush.

Are you using the ephemeral version? Since that's wiped 100% every time a container restart or update happens then there's no way to persist login info.

You would at a minimum need to be using the Postgres version to setup logins if that was something you required. 

I am not using the Postgres version myself though so I can't say with certainty that it would be available there either, but based on the demo website it should be!

8 hours ago, Peter Giacomo Lombardo said:

@CorneliousJD is right re: the ephemeral version - logins don't make much sense there although it will still likely work.

I haven't documented how to enable logins yet but it is possible by setting a list of environment variables.  You can see a summary here:

https://github.com/pglombardo/PasswordPusher/discussions/276

Thanks, I was only part correct here then - I didn't know it required extra variables, but thank you for linking to the process so others can get this setup as well! 

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Hi All - some recent updates:

* Documentation on how to enable logins with environment variables

* You can force the base URL of generated links to be whatever you want (e.g. for when behind a proxy)

* You can set the default language of the application to something other than English with PWP__DEFAULT_LOCALE env var

* The front page can now be locked down to require a login via PWP__ALLOW_ANONYMOUS env var

* There are Docker compose files to run database backed versions easily

* A bunch of other small fixes/improvements, dependency updates and new language translations (14 languages now)

If you have any issues, feel free to ask here or post an issue in the Github repo: https://github.com/pglombardo/PasswordPusher/issues/new

Edited by Peter Giacomo Lombardo
  • Thanks 1
  • 9 months later...

Hello Unraid community - just a quick update that Password Pusher now bundles 26 themes in the application:

See the gallery of themes here.

To select a theme with the latest version, just set the following environment variables:

PWP__THEME=<theme-name>

PWP_PRECOMPILE=true

This is in addition to branding to change logo and site name.

The application now also supports File and URL pushes.  Push files and URLs that expire same as password pushes do.  Audit logs included.

Any trouble or issues - let me know!

Best/Peter Giacomo Lombardo

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2023 at 3:30 AM, Peter Giacomo Lombardo said:

Hello Unraid community - just a quick update that Password Pusher now bundles 26 themes in the application:

See the gallery of themes here.

To select a theme with the latest version, just set the following environment variables:

PWP__THEME=<theme-name>

PWP_PRECOMPILE=true

This is in addition to branding to change logo and site name.

The application now also supports File and URL pushes.  Push files and URLs that expire same as password pushes do.  Audit logs included.

Any trouble or issues - let me know!

Best/Peter Giacomo Lombardo

In Unraid is their a trick/way to get the time to report correctly as far as in the AUDIT Log? When I have a log the time stamps do NOT match; about 5 hours off.

4 hours ago, blaine07 said:

In Unraid is their a trick/way to get the time to report correctly as far as in the AUDIT Log? When I have a log the time stamps do NOT match; about 5 hours off.

The times are always shown in UTC currently.  There is a feature request filed to display timestamps in local timezone.  When that feature is delivered in a future version, it'll show up automatically for users.

User preferences are being worked on now (to save default expiration settings and more) - there will be an option to set preferred timezone.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Peter Giacomo Lombardo

3 hours ago, Peter Giacomo Lombardo said:

The times are always shown in UTC currently.  There is a feature request filed to display timestamps in local timezone.  When that feature is delivered in a future version, it'll show up automatically for users.

User preferences are being worked on now (to save default expiration settings and more) - there will be an option to set preferred timezone.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Peter Giacomo Lombardo

Thank YoUUUU for the prompt response, as usual! Can’t wait to give it a whirl!

Edited by blaine07