Preclear after Preclear?

I may have some misunderstanding here:

I ran the preclear script two times on a 16TB hard drive what took way more than 4 days...

After that I clicked format with this unassigned hard drive and chose XFS.

Then I stopped the array and added the drive - now 4 drives and one parity drive - and started the array.

Now UNRAID preclears the added drive - again. This is the third time... 15 hours to go...

Isn't preclearing in advance the way to avoid exactly this procedure because the drive is "marked" as precleared?

Do I miss here something or am I doning something here the wrong and stupid way?

Can I stop the the third preclearing process. I don't think there is anything happening here with a third procedure...

You must NOT format the drive after running preclear before adding it to the array.    Running the format destroys the clear status which is why unRaid is running a ‘clear’ (not a pre-clear) on the drive when you add it to the array.    You need to let that complete if you want the drive to be successfully added.    You need to format the drive AFTER adding it to the array.

7 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You must NOT format the drive after running preclear before adding it to the array.    Running the format destroys the clear status which is why unRaid is running a ‘clear’ (not a pre-clear) on the drive when you add it to the array.    You need to let that complete if you want the drive to be successfully added.    You need to format the drive AFTER adding it to the array.

I see, thank you!