(Solved) Issues with second cache pool after moving unraid 6.9.0-rc2 to new server

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

So I just upgraded my server from an i7-4790K to a Threadripper 3960x system. 

I am running 6.9.0-rc2. All plugins were updated except Nvidia Driver. That's still on 2020.12.13. 

I made backups of my flash drive and appdata, then ran mover to put both cache pool's shares onto the array. 

I moved everything over to the new server, configured the bios, and started the system. 

I ran Into a ton of issues getting one of the cache pool's shares from the array back onto the nvmecache pool.

So I just deleted the appdata folder and restored from my backup with the CA plugin. 

I thought I got everything lined out, but when I access the unraid shares from a Windows 10 pc, I don't see cachepool>'shares' and array 'shares'. I only see 'shares' which includes shares that are on both the array and the cache drives. Is this different in 6.9?? Because in previous Unraid versions, when I used windows explorer I could see array shares and my cache drives. I would then open the cache drive folder and it would show the cache drive shares. 

I gave up on trying to figure that out, mostly because my dockers were working and the share were listed as being on the cache drives, when looking at the shares page. 

Now I'm trying to replace my cache drives with nvme drives and ran into another problem. 

I have two cache pools (arraycache and nvmecache). For what ever reason, I can not balance the nvmecache drives to Raid-1. nvmecache is currently in single mode. My arraycache drives are balanced to Raid-1. I'm getting a lot of these log errors: invalid convert data profile raid1 and invalid convert metadata profile raid1 when trying to balance the nvmecache. 

I'm hoping I just messed up the proper steps when moving to another system or something stupid and it's not a hardware problem. 

Any help is much appreciated. 

I'll provide whatever is needed. 

I've attached the system log and diagnostic's. I haven't rebooted since trying to balance to Raid-1. 

Thanks

Chris

nvmecache_screenshot.png

main_screenshot.png

shares_screenshot.png

unraid-syslog-20210317-0058.zip unraid-diagnostics-20210316-2118.zip

Edited by FQs19
added (Solved) to title
7 hours ago, FQs19 said:

I don't see cachepool>'shares' and array 'shares'. I only see 'shares' which includes shares that are on both the array and the cache drives.

That's normal and how it always been, you can enable disk shares to see them.

7 hours ago, FQs19 said:

For what ever reason, I can not balance the nvmecache drives to Raid-1.

Despite what the GUI shows pool is currently using a single device:

Data     Metadata  System              
Id Path           single   single    single   Unallocated
-- -------------- -------- --------- -------- -----------
 2 /dev/nvme0n1p1 33.00GiB   1.00GiB 32.00MiB   897.48GiB

Stop the array, unassign the other device (nvme2n1), start array, stop array, re-assign that device, start array, if successful it should auto balance to raid1.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, JorgeB said:

That's normal and how it always been, you can enable disk shares to see them.

I guess I had Disk Shares exported in the past and didn't remember. Thanks

3 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Despite what the GUI shows pool is currently using a single device:

Data     Metadata  System              
Id Path           single   single    single   Unallocated
-- -------------- -------- --------- -------- -----------
 2 /dev/nvme0n1p1 33.00GiB   1.00GiB 32.00MiB   897.48GiB

Stop the array, unassign the other device (nvme2n1), start array, stop array, re-assign that device, start array, if successful it should auto balance to raid1.

This worked. Thank you so much. 

Is this the process for moving/replacing cache drives in pools?

When I tried replacing a cache drive with an unassigned drive before, it had me format all cache drives in that pool, which obviously deleted all data on the pool. Don't remember if I didn't start and stop the array with a missing drive. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 8.58.27 AM.png

unraid-diagnostics-20210317-0900.zip unraid-syslog-20210317-1259.zip

• FQs19 changed the title to (Solved) Issues with second cache pool after moving unraid 6.9.0-rc2 to new server