Disabled Disk

One of the disks in my array is showing as disabled. Ive run an extended SMART self-test which reports "Completed without error". However, highlighted in the Attributes table is the following line:

5  Reallocated sector count  0x0033  200  200  140  Pre-fail  Always  Never  18

SMART overall-health is "Passed". SMART report attached.

I do see that Fix Common Problems is reporting the relevant disk has read errors.

How should I proceed? Should I be replacing the disk? Format the disk and let the array rebuild?

tower-smart-20210317-1319.zip

Reallocated sectors are ones that have been successfully moved. A gross over-simplification is that with this number going up (especially if more than once recently) is an indicator that the disk is likely to fail soon.

Your smart report shows that you have been slowly gathering uncorrectable errors on that drive for almost a year.

Although technically you could rebuild to that disk, it has a high chance of dropping out again.

I would vote just replace it!

6 minutes ago, sreknob said:

Reallocated sectors are ones that have been successfully moved. A gross over-simplification is that with this number going up (especially if more than once recently) is an indicator that the disk is likely to fail soon.

Your smart report shows that you have been slowly gathering uncorrectable errors on that drive for almost a year.

Although technically you could rebuild to that disk, it has a high chance of dropping out again.

I would vote just replace it!

OK. Thanks for the advice.