Docker: nsfminerOC (unsupported)

2 minutes ago, olehj said:

Yes it works container and application wise. Now you should detect hashrates like the ones in green after the DAG file has been created, it might take some time depending on your GPU:

thanks, i will keep a look out on the logs.
is there a good pc app that i can that sort of info too?

2 minutes ago, RazorX said:

thanks, i will keep a look out on the logs.
is there a good pc app that i can that sort of info too?

Not sure what you mean about the app?

It shouldn't take too long before you get DAG and hashrates available.. 5 minutes tops I expect. Also check that it did detect CUDA at the start of the worker process, without it, it will always generate 0. Some older cards might not be supported by newer CUDA versions, I have no overview of this.

12 minutes ago, olehj said:

Not sure what you mean about the app?

It shouldn't take too long before you get DAG and hashrates available.. 5 minutes tops I expect. Also check that it did detect CUDA at the start of the worker process, without it, it will always generate 0. Some older cards might not be supported by newer CUDA versions, I have no overview of this.

i get:

01:14:39 miner Stratum mode : Eth-Proxy compatible
01:14:39 miner Established connection to eu1.ethermine.org:5555
01:14:39 miner Spinning up miners...
01:14:39 cu-0 Using Pci 0000:06:00.0: NVIDIA Quadro K2000 (Compute 3.0) Memory : 1.95 GB
01:14:39 miner Epoch : 405 Difficulty : 4.00 Gh
01:14:39 miner Job: 7e7dc0ed blk: 12150305 eu1.ethermine.org:5555
01:14:42 miner Job: 6f8609fd blk: 12150305 eu1.ethermine.org:5555
01:14:44 miner 0:00 A0 0.00 h - cu0 0.00 43C 30%
01:14:46 miner Job: 5b163726 blk: 12150305 eu1.ethermine.org:5555
01:14:47 cu-0 Required GPU mem: Total 4.23 GB, Cache 66.62 MB, DAG 4.16 GB, Miscellaneous 56.00 B
01:14:47 cu-0 Epoch 405 requires 4.23 GB of required memory from total of 1.95 GB available on device.

6 minutes ago, RazorX said:

i get:

01:14:47 cu-0 Epoch 405 requires 4.23 GB of required memory from total of 1.95 GB available on device.

Then you have too less GPU memory, as you see, it requires minimum 4.23 GB and your GPU has 2 GB (1.95 GB) total.

Edited by olehj
1 minute ago, olehj said:

Then you have too less GPU memory, as you see, it requires minimum 4.23 GB and your GPU has 2 GB (1.95 GB) total.

yeah i just got a cheap gpu for plex transcoding, when gpu prices drop i'll get a better one

Edited by RazorX
1 minute ago, Pl4ytimes said:

I've set it up properly. 

When can i see the generated value on my Wallet ? 

So i can check if its working right. 

image.png.1130dd2be7a0071656ba767d72321151.png

This is beyond of what I am going to support here, it's strictly the docker container.

However, for others and your reference, enter your address at https://ethermine.org/ to check your current hashrate etc. The website has a lot of information about payouts and you can google different ethereum mining calculators out there for expected income. You will find all your information there, and it's more accurate than the info I can give you.

Happy mining

1 minute ago, Pl4ytimes said:

Okay thank you for that information. It helps alot ^^

Can you say me why my reported hasrate is so much higher than my Current? 

In the docker it shows my reported. 

image.png.43cd644367a6a44ffdb3b9b10db29ae1.png

Google it, and you will find the answer. Everybody has asked that before, so do some effort yourself, thanks ;) 

Some junior questions:

1) NSFMINER_ETHADDRESS: "The Eth wallet account number?"

2) NSFMINER_WORKERNAME: "Any name or a specific one?"

3) "Is about 37 a reasonable for a Quadro RTX 4000 GPU?"

17:07:41 miner Job: 9f90a7d6 blk: 12154310 eu1.ethermine.org:5555
17:07:43 miner 0:26 A12 36.87 Mh - cu0 36.87 47C 0% 123.83W

4) "I get this Quadro error. Do I need to change anything?"

ERROR: The attribute 'GPUGraphicsClockOffsetAllPerformanceLevels' specified in assignment '[gpu:0]/GPUGraphicsClockOffsetAllPerformanceLevels=0' cannot be assigned (it is a read-only attribute).

ERROR: The attribute 'GPUMemoryTransferRateOffsetAllPerformanceLevels' specified in assignment '[gpu:0]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffsetAllPerformanceLevels=0' cannot be assigned (it is a read-only attribute).

Cheers,

2 hours ago, frodr said:

Some junior questions:

1) NSFMINER_ETHADDRESS: "The Eth wallet account number?"

2) NSFMINER_WORKERNAME: "Any name or a specific one?"

3) "Is about 37 a reasonable for a Quadro RTX 4000 GPU?"

17:07:41 miner Job: 9f90a7d6 blk: 12154310 eu1.ethermine.org:5555
17:07:43 miner 0:26 A12 36.87 Mh - cu0 36.87 47C 0% 123.83W

4) "I get this Quadro error. Do I need to change anything?"

ERROR: The attribute 'GPUGraphicsClockOffsetAllPerformanceLevels' specified in assignment '[gpu:0]/GPUGraphicsClockOffsetAllPerformanceLevels=0' cannot be assigned (it is a read-only attribute).

ERROR: The attribute 'GPUMemoryTransferRateOffsetAllPerformanceLevels' specified in assignment '[gpu:0]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffsetAllPerformanceLevels=0' cannot be assigned (it is a read-only attribute).

Cheers,

1) yes

2) any name (it appears as a name for the worker, so you can separate multiple GPUs) 

3) Probably, google it

4) Perfectly normal for Quadro cards as they can't be overclocked/they are locked.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, olehj said:

1) yes

2) any name (it appears as a name for the worker, so you can separate multiple GPUs) 

3) Probably, google it

4) Perfectly normal for Quadro cards as they can't be overclocked/they are locked.

Thanks.

Will mined coins automatic go to wallet?

How ofter is the wallet credited?

1 minute ago, frodr said:

Thanks.

Will mined coins automatic go to wallet?

How ofter is the wallet credited?

No relevant questions for this docker container, all infomation about mining and wallets you will find at ethermine.org or other mining sites. Google is your friend here. This is more than I am willing to support.

1 hour ago, olehj said:

No relevant questions for this docker container, all infomation about mining and wallets you will find at ethermine.org or other mining sites. Google is your friend here. This is more than I am willing to support.

Yes, and no. In general yes, but if the docker or dockers setup is causing transactions not to happened, it's a no. 

4 minutes ago, frodr said:

Yes, and no. In general yes, but if the docker or dockers setup is causing transactions not to happened, it's a no. 

The docker just runs nsfminer and sets up the overclocking etc. No other ways it is controlled. Source code is out there. 

Thank you very much for this docker. I will be mining for you for a couple of hours. Have been waiting for a while to be able to use OC settings in unraid. Always got the nvidia-settings lib6x error.

Could you explain how to set the OC settings for multiple GPU's?

I would expect the first setting to be like: NSFMINER_GPU: 0, 1 , 2 (for 3 graphic cards).

Do i have to set the offset as follows: NSFMINER_GPUMEMCLOCKOFFSET: 1800, 3000, -1004 (with the comma separating the OC settings for each card)?

Or would it be better to install this docker multiple times (would need to look it up if its possible) and adjust just the prior GPU number and workername?

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Rolucious said:

Thank you very much for this docker. I will be mining for you for a couple of hours. Have been waiting for a while to be able to use OC settings in unraid. Always got the nvidia-settings lib6x error.

Could you explain how to set the OC settings for multiple GPU's?

I would expect the first setting to be like: NSFMINER_GPU: 0, 1 , 2 (for 3 graphic cards).

Do i have to set the offset as follows: NSFMINER_GPUMEMCLOCKOFFSET: 1800, 3000, -1004 (with the comma separating the OC settings for each card)?

Or would it be better to install this docker multiple times (would need to look it up if its possible) and adjust just the prior GPU number and workername?

You install the container multiple times (one per card), and keep them card specific. After first install, you can click "Add container", then select the "NsfminerOC" template and adjust values accordingly.

"nvidia-smi" in terminal will show you the GPU ID for the specific card.

Thank you for your reaction. It seems that HW transcoding in plex doesn't work when the miner is running. I tried it with the miner on/off and as long as the miner is off, the HW transcoding in plex works. When I turn on the miner, while its HW transcoding, the DAG doesn't seem to load on the GPU.

Is this normal behaviour? I am currently running a 2060, but going to install a 3060ti and 2x 1660S in the future.

Maybe it will work better with 8gb memory (3060ti)?

22 minutes ago, Rolucious said:

Thank you for your reaction. It seems that HW transcoding in plex doesn't work when the miner is running. I tried it with the miner on/off and as long as the miner is off, the HW transcoding in plex works. When I turn on the miner, while its HW transcoding, the DAG doesn't seem to load on the GPU.

Is this normal behaviour? I am currently running a 2060, but going to install a 3060ti and 2x 1660S in the future.

Maybe it will work better with 8gb memory (3060ti)?

Hard to say, I think I am running HW transcoding with my P2000 5GB MEM in Emby. So maybe memory just have to be just enough above the DAG size and transcoding requirements (which might vary from file to file). Mining is a heavy workload, so it won't surprise me that transcoding might not work properly or at all. But at least you can turn off one single docker/mining when not transcoding, instead of all of them ;) 

Tested it with a 3060ti and the HW transcoding works better.

The hashrates seem a bit lower than the t-rex miner, but considering no fee I think it's worth it. Thanks again for the docker.

Last question regarding the errors, sometimes I receive an error: GPU 0 gave incorrect result. Lower overclocking values if it happens to frequently.

I can't see the amount of shares and rejected shares, so I'm not sure what 'to frequently' is and if I really do need to lower the settings. I used to get 63,8 MH/s (+2900 mem) with my 3060ti and now I'm getting about 62 (+2650) with that error occuring once every 10 min or so. I think the fault could lie with the fans set to auto (I get an error when set to manual, so I recon it has 3 fan controllers for each of the 3 fans), but I'm not sure.

How often is okay to get the incorrect results message.

• FlamongOle changed the title to Docker: nsfminerOC (unsupported)