[Support] Akaunting

Just updated to the latest version and get constantly stuck on login - just hangs when i press login. Only thing that looks out of order in the log is this:

[2022-06-09 09:25:31] production.ERROR: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'accounting.ak_users' doesn't exist (SQL: select * from `ak_users` where `email` = [email protected] and `ak_users`.`deleted_at` is null limit 1) {"exception":"[object] (Illuminate\\Database\\QueryException(code: 42S02): SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'accounting.ak_users' doesn't exist (SQL: select * from `ak_users` where `email` = [email protected] and `ak_users`.`deleted_at` is null limit 1) at /var/www/html/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php:742)

latest update bbroke the app,

in logs appear 

Some options are missing and --no-interaction is present. Please run the following command for more information :
php artisan help install
Missing options are : db-port

port is properly added in template

i cant even enter in console because container stop itself

On 6/13/2022 at 9:08 AM, Danuel said:

latest update bbroke the app,

in logs appear 

Some options are missing and --no-interaction is present. Please run the following command for more information :
php artisan help install

port is properly added in template

i cant even enter in console because container stop itself

I was able to get around this issue today by setting the first time setup to false in the configuration then writing my own install string:

php artisan install --db-host "ip_of_dbhost" --db-port "port_number_of_db" --db-name "db_name_here" --db-username "db_username_here" --db-password "db_password_here" --company-name "company_name" --company-email "company@mail" --admin-email "email@mail" --admin-password "password_here" --locale "en-US"

Once I started the container I ran the above script in the console with the proper variable entries. Once it was completed I restarted the akaunting docker and was able to step through setup.

I was able to get around this issue today by setting the first time setup to false in the configuration then writing my own install string:

php artisan install --db-host "ip_of_dbhost" --db-port "port_number_of_db" --db-name "db_name_here" --db-username "db_username_here" --db-password "db_password_here" --company-name "company_name" --company-email "company@mail" --admin-email "email@mail" --admin-password "password_here" --locale "en-US"

Once I started the container I ran the above script in the console with the proper variable entries. Once it was completed I restarted the akaunting docker and was able to step through setup.

Can you please share more information on what exactly you have done since i am a novice in all of this, than you
6 minutes ago, Danuel said:

Can you please share more information on what exactly you have done since i am a novice in all of this, than you

I was setting mine up fresh with no previous build.

Copy the code that I placed in the previous post and paste it in notepad. Update all of the data inside of the quotes with data for your instance. You can then click on the docker container and click "Edit". Edit the "Setup Account:" flag to say "false" and click "Done". Once you do that click on the container again and click "Start" if it's not already started. Once it's started click the container again and click "console_". Once that opens copy the edited code from earlier and right click -> paste in the console window that pops up. Press enter on your keyboard and wait for it to finish. It might take a bit while it's setting up the database. Once it's done and it's back at the # line you can go back to the docker container and click and "Restart". Wait for it to start up and then go to the web gui. You will be able to set up your Akaunting instance.

setup_account_flag.JPG

console.JPG

19 hours ago, vaeron said:

I was setting mine up fresh with no previous build.

Copy the code that I placed in the previous post and paste it in notepad. Update all of the data inside of the quotes with data for your instance. You can then click on the docker container and click "Edit". Edit the "Setup Account:" flag to say "false" and click "Done". Once you do that click on the container again and click "Start" if it's not already started. Once it's started click the container again and click "console_". Once that opens copy the edited code from earlier and right click -> paste in the console window that pops up. Press enter on your keyboard and wait for it to finish. It might take a bit while it's setting up the database. Once it's done and it's back at the # line you can go back to the docker container and click and "Restart". Wait for it to start up and then go to the web gui. You will be able to set up your Akaunting instance.

setup_account_flag.JPG

console.JPG

this is not working for me, have you add anything on the other fields ? did you changed back to "true"

setting setup account to "false" will let me to open akaunting webui but not able to login because user and pass do not work, so that code does nothing for me, only telling me that i cant connect to the database even if i manage to connect trought mariaDB

Edited by Danuel
On 6/16/2022 at 11:04 AM, Danuel said:

this is not working for me, have you add anything on the other fields ? did you changed back to "true"

setting setup account to "false" will let me to open akaunting webui but not able to login because user and pass do not work, so that code does nothing for me, only telling me that i cant connect to the database even if i manage to connect trought mariaDB

I did not change it back to true. The reason I had to set that flag to false was because setting it to true it would fail too many times and then turn off the docker container not allowing me to access the console. I could also get to the web UI before I ran the code. After running the code snippet with all the proper connection data through the console I was able to get it to allow me to log in.

Still having issues not been able to login now getting this error output any help please!!!

Enabling module rewrite.
To activate the new configuration, you need to run:
service apache2 restart
AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.18.0.6. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.18.0.6. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
[Sun Jun 19 19:13:43.286237 2022] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1] AH00163: Apache/2.4.53 (Debian) PHP/8.1.7 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Sun Jun 19 19:13:43.286280 2022] [core:notice] [pid 1] AH00094: Command line: 'apache2 -D FOREGROUND'
172.18.0.1 - - [19/Jun/2022:19:13:51 +1200] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 302 1624 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/123.123.123.115 Safari/537.36"

9 minutes ago, corbetto said:

Still having issues not been able to login now getting this error output any help please!!!

Enabling module rewrite.
service apache2 restart
[Sun Jun 19 19:13:43.286237 2022] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1] AH00163: Apache/2.4.53 (Debian) PHP/8.1.7 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Sun Jun 19 19:13:43.286280 2022] [core:notice] [pid 1] AH00094: Command line: 'apache2 -D FOREGROUND'
172.18.0.1 - - [19/Jun/2022:19:13:51 +1200] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 302 1624 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/123.123.123.115 Safari/537.36"

if you open akaunting console and type  "service apache2 restart" still not working ?

1 minute ago, Danuel said:

if you open akaunting console and type  "service apache2 restart" still not working ?

Yup still not working, it shuts down container then this appears in log:

Module rewrite already enabled
[Sun Jun 19 19:31:27.215839 2022] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1] AH00163: Apache/2.4.53 (Debian) PHP/8.1.7 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Sun Jun 19 19:31:27.215879 2022] [core:notice] [pid 1] AH00094: Command line: 'apache2 -D FOREGROUND'

I did make some further progress by adding the SeverName line to my local server ip with port for akaunting in the apache.conf file within the console - this stopped the fully qual'd domain name error. But i still cannot get pass the login, allthough the logs say that its POST ing 

Hi,

i have the same problem. I didn't use akaunting for 2 weeks. Yesterday i wanted to use it. I tried to login and but the login site didn't load.

This was in the log files and the container stopped:

php artisan help install

After editing the settings of the container and set setup to false, i restartet the container. I entered my credentials at the login screen but nothing

happens.

Now i have a big problem to get it work again. I only have backups fom the database. I don*t no what happend. I think the problem comes from an

update because i see the login screen in a new design.

Please help me because i am in big trouble.

When i use this line in the container:

with my values, it connects to the database and after a few seconds this error came:

In Connection.php line 742:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can't create table `akaunting`.`2gl_media` (errno: 121 "Du  
  plicate key on write or update") (SQL: alter table `2gl_media` add constraint `original_media_i  
  d` foreign key (`original_media_id`) references `2gl_media` (`id`) on delete set null)           

In Connection.php line 527:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can't create table `akaunting`.`2gl_media` (errno: 121 "Du  
  plicate key on write or update")   

Best Regards

Edited by Chiacomo
4 hours ago, Chiacomo said:

Hi,

i have the same problem. I didn't use akaunting for 2 weeks. Yesterday i wanted to use it. I tried to login and but the login site didn't load.

php artisan help install

After editing the settings of the container and set setup to false, i restartet the container. I entered my credentials at the login screen but nothing

happens.

Now i have a big problem to get it work again. I only have backups fom the database. I don*t no what happend. I think the problem comes from an

with my values, it connects to the database and after a few seconds this error came:

plicate key on write or update") (SQL: alter table `2gl_media` add constraint `original_media_i  
  d` foreign key (`original_media_id`) references `2gl_media` (`id`) on delete set null)           

Best Regards

same problem here mate, did not manage to get to the end of it yet, i changed to invoice ninja at the moment

On 6/21/2022 at 6:19 PM, Chiacomo said:

Hi,

php artisan help install

happens.

Best Regards

Im in the exact same boat, if you find out anything please share!

Glad I'm not the only one. Same problem on my end. Was working fine, and then I hadn't logged in for a few weeks. All of a sudden I'm getting the same error as mentioned above. I've tried fresh installs, using a new database, nothing seems to work. 

In Connection.php line 759:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can't create table `akaunting`.`jeg_media` (errno: 121 "Duplicate key on write or update") (SQL: alter table `jeg_media` add constraint `original_media_id` foreign key (`original_medi  
  a_id`) references `jeg_media` (`id`) on delete set null)        

In Connection.php line 544:

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can't create table `akaunting`.`jeg_media` (errno: 121 "Duplicate key on write or update")

• 3 months later...

Is there anyone that has this app working?  After initial install and setup 2 weeks ago, the app was working fine. But recently I've been trying to login and I can't get passed the login screen. It just hangs after entering login info.  I do not see any errors in logs and don't know where to go from here. Any help is appreciated. 

This is the apps log:

AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.2. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.2. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
[Wed Sep 28 21:21:22.597968 2022] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1] AH00163: Apache/2.4.54 (Debian) PHP/8.1.10 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Wed Sep 28 21:21:22.597988 2022] [core:notice] [pid 1] AH00094: Command line: 'apache2 -D FOREGROUND'
[Wed Sep 28 21:22:25.014405 2022] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1] AH00170: caught SIGWINCH, shutting down gracefully
[Thu Sep 29 13:55:59.399673 2022] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1] AH00163: Apache/2.4.54 (Debian) PHP/8.1.10 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Thu Sep 29 13:55:59.399692 2022] [core:notice] [pid 1] AH00094: Command line: 'apache2 -D FOREGROUND'
[Thu Sep 29 13:58:56.208050 2022] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1] AH00169: caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Thu Sep 29 14:00:01.473216 2022] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1] AH00163: Apache/2.4.54 (Debian) PHP/8.1.10 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Thu Sep 29 14:00:01.473236 2022] [core:notice] [pid 1] AH00094: Command line: 'apache2 -D FOREGROUND'
[Thu Sep 29 14:01:51.570443 2022] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1] AH00170: caught SIGWINCH, shutting down gracefully
Enabling module rewrite.
  service apache2 restart
[28/Sep/2022:21:21:34 -0400] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 302 1651 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.2 Safari/605.1.15"
[28/Sep/2022:21:21:34 -0400] "GET /auth/login HTTP/1.1" 200 4753 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.2 Safari/605.1.15"
[28/Sep/2022:21:21:50 -0400] "POST /auth/login HTTP/1.1" 500 1211 "http://192.168.50.145:8087/auth/login" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.2 Safari/605.1.15"
[29/Sep/2022:13:56:49 -0400] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 302 1651 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.2 Safari/605.1.15"
[29/Sep/2022:13:56:49 -0400] "GET /auth/login HTTP/1.1" 200 4755 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.2 Safari/605.1.15"
[29/Sep/2022:13:57:28 -0400] "POST /auth/login HTTP/1.1" 500 1211 "http://192.168.50.145:8087/auth/login" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.2 Safari/605.1.15"
[29/Sep/2022:14:00:07 -0400] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 302 1651 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.2 Safari/605.1.15"
[29/Sep/2022:14:00:07 -0400] "GET /auth/login HTTP/1.1" 200 4755 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.2 Safari/605.1.15"
[29/Sep/2022:14:00:33 -0400] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 302 1651 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.2 Safari/605.1.15"
[29/Sep/2022:14:00:33 -0400] "GET /auth/login HTTP/1.1" 200 4755 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.2 Safari/605.1.15"
[29/Sep/2022:14:00:46 -0400] "POST /auth/login HTTP/1.1" 500 1211 "http://192.168.50.145:8087/auth/login" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.2 Safari/605.1.15"

** Press ANY KEY to close this window ** 

1214830609_ScreenShot2022-09-29at2_10_54PM.thumb.png.2eb22813fe2ee22311e65102157e85f5.png

Thanks

• 1 month later...

After starting all over again from scratch with a new database (last week), I was able to log in again. Today,  I attempted to log in and saw that the login issue returned.  I did notice that there were some updates to the container recently, so I'm not sure if it's the updates that are breaking the container.  

This is what I see in the log:

AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.6. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 172.17.0.6. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message
[Tue Nov 08 14:06:01.103850 2022] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 1] AH00163: Apache/2.4.54 (Debian) PHP/8.1.12 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Tue Nov 08 14:06:01.103870 2022] [core:notice] [pid 1] AH00094: Command line: 'apache2 -D FOREGROUND'
Enabling module rewrite.
  service apache2 restart
192.168.50.137 - - [08/Nov/2022:14:06:18 -0500] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 302 1670 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.2 Safari/605.1.15"
127.0.0.1 - - [08/Nov/2022:14:06:24 -0500] "OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0" 200 126 "-" "Apache/2.4.54 (Debian) PHP/8.1.12 (internal dummy connection)"
127.0.0.1 - - [08/Nov/2022:14:06:25 -0500] "OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0" 200 126 "-" "Apache/2.4.54 (Debian) PHP/8.1.12 (internal dummy connection)"
192.168.50.137 - - [08/Nov/2022:14:06:33 -0500] "POST /auth/login HTTP/1.1" 500 1230 "http://192.168.50.145:8087/auth/login" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/15.2 Safari/605.1.15"

This is what I see flashing rapidly when I try going into the app's console:

OCI runtime exec failed: exec failed: unable to start container process: open /dev/ptmx: no space left on device: unknown

Hope this can be fixed so that I won't have to keep going through the process of starting all over again.

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2022 at 6:43 AM, Danuel said:

same problem here mate, did not manage to get to the end of it yet, i changed to invoice ninja at the moment

For folks having this issue, I solved it by adding my MariaDB port as a variable, key DB_PORT. Just entered my MariaDB container name (using custom network but can also use IP address) for the "MySql Database IP:Port:" variable. I had to add a variable for the database name with they key DB_NAME.

1 hour ago, dredgeon said:

For folks having this issue, I solved it by adding my MariaDB port as a variable, key DB_PORT. Just entered my MariaDB container name (using custom network but can also use IP address) for the "MySql Database IP:Port:" variable. I had to add a variable for the database name with they key DB_NAME.

That makes sense.  I see that the php artisan install code defines the host ip and port separately. I'll give that a try and then run a pending update to see if it breaks after the update.

Thanks!