How to create Docker Container with a 2 stage setup process

corgan

Hello,

i want to make a docker app for a manictime server. The project is provided by the developers on dockerhub and works fine.

https://hub.docker.com/r/manictime/manictimeserver/

docker run -v /var/lib/manictimeserver/Data:/app/Data -p 8080:8080 manictime/manictimeserver

Thanks to the guides here in the forum, I could make a docker app in unraid from which it runs the server. No problem so far.

But to get this to work, I have to run a command first to create the admin user.

docker run -v /var/lib/manictimeserver/Data:/app/Data --rm --entrypoint dotnet  manictime/manictimeserver ManicTimeServer.dll addadmin -u <admin email> -p <admin password>

If I try to run the command from docker exec. it failed because of a locked Database. So these command have to run once bevor the server get starts.

/app# dotnet ManicTimeServer.dll addadmin -u [email protected] -p 1234
ManicTime server 4.2.2.0 started.
Authentication configured: Kestrel, ManicTime
Starting console host...
Connecting to database '/app/Data/ManicTimeCore.db'...
Locking database 'Sequence'...

Database 'Sequence' lock found and owner alive. Cannot lock database. [Finkit.ManicTime.Shared.DatabaseRegistry.DatabaseRegistryEntry]

fail: Finkit.ManicTime.Shared.Logging.ApplicationLog[0]
      Database 'Sequence' lock found and owner alive. Cannot lock database. [Finkit.ManicTime.Shared.DatabaseRegistry.DatabaseRegistryEntry]
Retry 1/3 in 3 seconds...

Retry 2/3 in 3 seconds...

Retry 3/3 in 3 seconds...

Stopping...
Stopped listening:
ManicTime server 4.2.2.0 stopped.

I could run the commands on console, no problem. But I want to make this app to share as CA App.

Is it possible with the unraid docker system to get this to work, or do I have to write my own dockerfile (which i have never done and now clue about)

• 5 months later...

Hi @corgan

Were you able to get this to work?  I'm having similar problems.  I'm sure it's user error on my part, but when I create the admin user from the unraid console, it appears to be applied to a different docker, and I need to start this extra manictime docker up via the console too.  Is there a way for me to create this admin account on the docker I install from apps/dockerhub?

Thanks!