VM CPU usage is higher since 6.9.1

HI,

I update to 6.9.1 and I noticed that CPU usage of my Home Assistant VM is higher than before. I don't understand why as the machine is not changed.

When I say higher I means that consumption is always above 50% (I'm using netdata to monitoring).

My VM is using two cores of my Dell T20 with Intel® Xeon® CPU E3-1225 v3 @ 3.20GHz amd 2 of the 4 cores. It has 2048 gb of memory dedicated.

The VM only has home assistant. Other services (mqtt, deconz, mariadb are running in external containers).

I tried to redo the VM (as this "fixed" some issue with my docker containers after the upgrade) but did't worked.

Can anyone please support me in this?

Thank you in advance

joshua-diagnostics-20210318-1013.zip

I see you're using a Samsung 860 EVO SSD for your cache pool.  Perhaps you're suffering from the excessive write issue due to the first partition offset not being aligned at the 1MB boundary (see pre-release bug report for more info).  Since you're storing the disk image for your VM on the cache pool, it may help to follow the instructions in the bug report to repartition the SSD so the first partition aligns properly. 

• Thanks 1
On 3/18/2021 at 4:01 PM, ncandy said:
I see you're using a Samsung 860 EVO SSD for your cache pool.  Perhaps you're suffering from the excessive write issue due to the first partition offset not being aligned at the 1MB boundary (see pre-release bug report for more info).  Since you're storing the disk image for your VM on the cache pool, it may help to follow the instructions in the bug report to repartition the SSD so the first partition aligns properly. 

Thank you!

Edited by Jokerigno
  • 3 weeks later...