I have lost everything ("failed to load ldlinux.c32")

I just finished scanning and transfering a 4 tb drive with a paid solution (Reclaime) and the data did not keep its folder structure and file names.. All the jpegs, mp4, exe, sh, etc. are in separate folders named jpeg, mp4s, exe, sh, etc..  I don't think I can recover more than that since the file system got erased and a new one was created over it afterwards. 

I am gonna try UFS Explorer and compare the results, I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks to everyone who have given me advice.

Edited by stillnocake
typo
  • 1 year later...
On 3/19/2021 at 3:11 PM, stillnocake said:

After having changed the stick yesterday and transfered my licence to a new device, I woke up to this message this morning..

I guess it's a configuration issue, I am going to investigate and unplug every third party devices like Sata expansion card and the drive enclosure hoping it will bring back my data to life..

Thank you 

signal-2021-03-19-095222.jpg

same problem for my

On 3/20/2021 at 11:03 PM, trurl said:

Since nobody else said it, I will.

You absolutely must have another copy of anything important and irreplaceable. Parity is not a substitute for backups. Plenty of ways to lose data that parity can't help with.

This is SO true, a harsh reality sometimes, but can be a real struggle to balance.  Everything on my server that is truly irreplaceable and would be problematic if I lost... is backed up, in more than one place I might add, one of which is detached.  

However, that makes up such a small piece of the big picture.  I have ~ 500 GB of truly can't lose it kind of stuff, and another 500GB of stuff that is compact enough it's not worth the risk.  The rest of it comprises another 27 TB and grows regularly.  Its mostly Plex media and most of that I have the original media for, but it would take me months to re-rip it all. The DVR component is growing and would be gone for good.  It wouldn't change my life but I'd still probably cry if I lost it, or at least throw a thing or two through the TV :).  

This thread has me thinking I need to just bite the bullet on a couple drives to back it up.  I could probably find a couple drives that would hold it in my desktop for $600 and as I say that it seems ridiculous that I haven't.  A multidrive NAS box would be nice though and I guess I need to look at that option too.  I guess I know what I'm doing after dinner :)