Plex docker configs are different from Plex UI - How is this possible?

Hi,

I recently updated my plex docker and it broke plex with an orphaned image. I downloaded the plex app again and when I opened the settings to install I found no saved information from my previous paths or libraries.

Oh well I guess. I will start to create them from scratch. I only did Movie and TV. I left out Masterclass, IMAX, Christmas, Fitness and more...

When I attempted to reach plex via the gui I was asked for a server name....I guess I was creating a new server....wtvr. 

Weird thing was once I gave it a name and passed the initial set up - I had all my libraries in the UI!!! I could see my old plex server was unreachable and although I had all my libraries intact in my new server's UI, but I couldn't play any videos. So I simply went through the UI and adjusted the paths for all my libraries and I was able to play the content. Even all my customization for P90x and other fitness was intact. How is this possible? I checked the appdata and I didn't see any of my libraries in there, nor is there anything in the docker settings.

I'm scared that I have a disjointed server that will be hard to fix should something go wrong in the future and want to resolve this ahead of time. Can you guys offer some assistance?

container config.JPG

UI Libraries.JPG

Keep in mind even if you blow out your Docker and delete it from docker.img your database and all of its files still live on /mnt/cache/appdata/

Unless of course you delete the docker and use the AppCleanup plugin then it clears it all up. 

And for the record you can uninstall any of the Plex Dockers and re-install any of the "other" Plex dockers as long as your paths line up everything should fire right back up. ;)

no worries. So wait, where is my appdata then? In case I want to back it up before this happens again

If I go into /mnt/user/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Metadata - I just see Movies and TV Shows only...

I am not sure if I have the same docker - I am using the linux one and I believe I was using that prior as well, but I'm not 100% sure

ah - I had limetech.

But when I go to download that - the container settings are very old. I remember doing a ton of changes compared to what I'm seeing here - there's no "fitness" (only "P90X"), no IMAX etc.... I don't think I want to download that old one

Edited by sannitig

I'm watching the this weekend - thanks Fancy (and thanks everyone)

Would any of this have anything to do with my "Masterclass" TV Library not being able to 'match'? I replaced all the 720p masterclass video with hvec 265 1080p vids from a new torrent and now I have to go through and manually match every damn one. It's odd because when I click match, it almost always finds what it needs from the TVDB. Why doesn't this run during a scan?

I'm literally going through each one, clicking match and selecting the first and only match that comes up - because it's correct - weird

Edited by sannitig