[SOLVED] IOMMU (VT-d) disabled despite being enabled in BIOS

Solution: Check your syslinux config and make sure its standard, I had changed mine for an old mobo and never removed a switch I had added.

I recently upgraded my gaming PC to a Ryzen 5000 build so I moved my old hardware to VOID as a major upgrade.

I have an Asus Maximus VII Hero and an Intel i7-4790k. Intel Ark indicates I have VT-x and VT-d support on the CPU and I can see options to enable them in the BIOS:

PXL_20210318_233506411.thumb.jpg.1e43867bfe8ff114cba3370b274b4375.jpg

PXL_20210318_233514911.thumb.jpg.895d4c9c64cf8e0880711e8db2fa2237.jpg

However whenever I boot into UnRAID it reports that IOMMU is disabled?

This is not a deal breaker for me as I wasn't planning on using VMs on here but I thought it would be nice to have the option at least. 

Is there another setting I'm missing here? My Googling suggests that those should be the only two options I need to turn on.

I updated my BIOS to the pre-beta BIOS (I'm not keen on running a beta BIOS) and that didn't make a difference.

void-diagnostics-20210318-1942.zip

Edited by weirdcrap
5 minutes ago, Squid said:

Try taking 

iommu=soft

out of the syslinux.cfg file that you added at some point.

lol oh dang I totally forgot about that. That would probably do it, it was for my previous mobo. Testing now.

EDIT: yeah that was it. You da man squid. It would have taken me days of frustration before I found that on my own haha.

Edited by weirdcrap
  • weirdcrap changed the title to [SOLVED] IOMMU (VT-d) disabled despite being enabled in BIOS