LSI 9200 SAS2008 not seeing any HDD

You're using the 8e (external), How is it connected to your HDDs?

Are you using an Shelf/JBOD enclosure? SFF-8088->SFF-8088 is the usual here

or are you feeding the cables back in SFF-8088->SATA? make sure you are using forward breakout cables as these are one directional and you can't use the other one (backward breakout) which is meant for controller/Motherboard SATA -> SAS enclosure (SFF-8088)

Posted (edited)

Yes, I am using an exterrnal Shelf/JBOD enclosure connecting to card with SFF-8088->SFF8088 cable.

Also yes to using same cable, enclosure and HDD as before, only change is replacing Highpoint 2722 for LSI 9200-e8 card

I just rechecked connections again and still no success :(

Edited by Alberto
4 hours ago, ken-ji said:

During boot up, the LSI should be prompting to press Ctrl-A to enter the card setup utility, does this not work on your QNAP?

I am afraid it does not on this QNAP device.  After turning on I assume it goes onto a "blind" POST and then directly onto Unraid boot sequence, I can before this invoke BOOT option which allows me to select different BOOT options and BIOS menu, but the menu I assume is a custom one build for QNAP and it is very limited, I am sure QNAP did not intend nor welcome users wanting to use their HW in any other way than theirs.

Hmmm. you'll need to validate that the LSI card you have is actually working as you just acquired it to replace the Highpoint 2722.Maybe test the LSI on another machine if you have any with the shelf connected.

Edited by ken-ji
  • 2 months later...