I just lost operating system

1 minute ago, trurl said:

When you assign the disks, refer to the assignments I already posted above. The serial numbers are clearly listed in those posts, and those same serial numbers will appear in the drop down selections for each disk. Just match them up and you should be good.

If you assigned a disk4 in the past, but then removed it, then your server has been waiting for you to replace it all that time, and so you had no parity protection since you already had a missing disk.

What about that SSD I mentioned?

Mar 18 20:11:52 garysplex emhttpd: KINGSTON_SV300S37A120G_50026B7757073B82 (sdd) 512 234441648

Post new diagnostics after assigning the disks but before starting the array if you want me to check.

Awesome! Thank You

14 hours ago, vid1953 said:

Awesome! Thank You

I got in!!

Now I have notifications after I set up the old disk order. Am i getting this notification because there are files on all these discs that i dont want to lose? Is it ok to start array? 

IMG_3117.jpg

IMG_3118.jpg

IMG_3119.jpg

Edited by vid1953

Those notifications are for disk SMART problems. Each disk itself keeps track of certain things in its firmware that relate to how the disk is working. Pending sectors are an important problem to watch out for on disks, which is why Unraid notifies you about them.

Post new diagnostics.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Those notifications are for disk SMART problems. Each disk itself keeps track of certain things in its firmware that relate to how the disk is working. Pending sectors are an important problem to watch out for on disks, which is why Unraid notifies you about them.

Post new diagnostics.

Is it ok to start the array? Should I do anyting special?

6 hours ago, vid1953 said:

I got in!!

Now I have notifications after I set up the old disk order. Am i getting this notification because there are files on all these discs that i dont want to lose? Is it ok to start array? 

IMG_3117.jpg

IMG_3118.jpg

IMG_3119.jpg

garysplex-diagnostics-20210321-1732.zip

Edited by vid1953

On WD RED disks, you should also have Unraid monitor SMART attributes 1 and 200. Click on each disk to get to its page and under SMART attribute notifications you can add 1,200 to the Custom attributes.

I recommend setting up Notifications to alert you immediately by email or other agent as soon as a problem is detected.

Run an extended SMART test on parity.

3 hours ago, trurl said:

On WD RED disks, you should also have Unraid monitor SMART attributes 1 and 200. Click on each disk to get to its page and under SMART attribute notifications you can add 1,200 to the Custom attributes.

I recommend setting up Notifications to alert you immediately by email or other agent as soon as a problem is detected.

Run an extended SMART test on parity.

I have no clue what i am looking at in this report.

Also when i go to start the unraid i get this warning.: "Parity disk(s) content will be overwritten" "All existing data on this device will be OVERWRITTEN when array is Started"

Will i lose all my files?

garysplex-smart-20210321-1639.zip

Edited by vid1953
20 minutes ago, trurl said:

SMART Extended Self-test Log Version: 1 (1 sectors)
Num  Test_Description    Status                  Remaining  LifeTime(hours)  LBA_of_first_error
# 1  Extended offline    Completed: read failure       90%     47761         196998016

Replace

So dont start up until i get a new drive?

Can I purchase 6tb instead of a 4tb again?

Edited by vid1953
21 minutes ago, vid1953 said:

So dont start up until i get a new drive?

Do you have backups of anything important and irreplaceable? You can start without parity assigned if you need to copy anything critical off but you won't have any protection until you get new parity.

23 minutes ago, vid1953 said:

Can I purchase 6tb instead of a 4tb again?

YES. That will allow you to use 6TB data disks if you add or replace any.

11 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you have backups of anything important and irreplaceable? You can start without parity assigned if you need to copy anything critical off but you won't have any protection until you get new parity.

YES. That will allow you to use 6TB data disks if you add or replace any.

I will wait until i purchase another red western digital then.

Do we know if i need to replace any of the others?

Thank You Trurl

Edited by vid1953
11 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Looks like it, you are hacked, like a few users were in the last week, make sure no ports are open to your server, or it's in the dmz.

I appreciate the help except I am learning as we go. I no nothing about this server. Is that a setting? The only people that acces this server for Plex, was my family on the outside.

Thank you for the help

The $145 for a new drive doesnt bother as much as losing my entire library . I didnt have any problems until days after i clicked to update the server. 

I have no forwarded ports that I can see. What will happen if i fire it up and assign the old parity drive and start the array?

Do I have to wait before i load the Plex docker? ( that should be a real trip trying to figure that out)