Think I made an oopsie and just lost all my data...

To be blunt had a power outage and usb drive failed. This was like my 6-7th time with it failing and everytime my drives die over the years I get nervous and become more okay with the fact I didn't lose data.

I setup a new drive and plugged it in. Set all drives as disk drives to find parity and saw a 10tb un mountable and an 8. I was confident 10tb was parity and 8tb was just a drive I never formatted for unraid. I set those up and turned it on so I could get my unraid backup config which is saved on the array... Didn't work I kept messing around with configs like an idiot and now it says all my drives are pretty much empty. I never let parity check run for more than a moment but am curious of how screwed I am. I got about 12 drives and a lot of data :(

any help would be great.

Edited by taserz

Your parity drive was either disk 10 or 12.  But, it would appear that you have no data on the drives.  The assumption I'm forced to make is that at some point they came up as unmountable, and you then selected the checkbox and hit format.

Your best (only?) recovery at this point is to invest in UFS Explorer and attempt to recover the files on a Windows box (non-VM)

• taserz changed the title to Think I made an oopsie and just lost all my data...

Beats me. I have WireGuard setup myself, but actually rarely use it these days, due to work from home in these COVID times.

But I do wonder why it seems a lot of unRAID users have been what seems to be hacked? Only port I have personally open is 443 voor https and setup reverse proxy for Bitwarden for example. Hope this port is still safe. But I’ve seen users opening up port 22 and that certainly is a big NO NO. 

12 hours ago, trurl said:

Why does anybody do this without a VPN???

It might have been I know it was once upon a time. But I just checked and it's not port forwarded anymore. I vpn. I am just trying to think what could have caused this.

I just checked I had. WireGaurd portforwarded, iMessage for for airmessage but that wasn't even running. I had ombi open and plex that is it.

3 hours ago, trurl said:

I think people just install UFS Explorer on another computer that is already using Windows or something. Have you checked out the UFS Explorer website?

In other words, it is an application you install on a computer running Windows or some other supported OS. That computer will have to have the disks attached. I think it also has to have a place to save the recovered files. This is based on reading their website i have no personal experience 

Going to tinker with it right now and see if it has the data. If so I will buy a few 10tb hard drives and back it all up and then try to repair the array if possible. If I can't hopefully I can get the data off.

That being said my cache drive does have my appdata and system folder with Docker and libvirt. So worst case scenario I could always just setup new array if I lost everything and swap in my docker/libvirt and appdata and all my plugins should continue. Also that being said sonarr,radarr,sabnzbd will be back just no data in my data folder so I will have to rescan and build everything.