USB Keyboard and mouse passthough not working in VM

Hi,

I'm new to unraid, I am trying to setup a Windows 7 VM on my NAS machine so i can use it as a replacement for my current office\lab machine.

I am having issues with my USB pass-through for my keyboard and mouse. The VM won't respond to input but the mouse lights up and the keyboard responds to the num lock key being pressed. I have enabled VfIO on my USB controllers (both internal and a PCI 4 port USB 2.0 card) as i read somewhere that having then not passed through could be an issue but this did not fix the issue.

I am running the latest version of Unraid and i have attached a link with images with my USB configuration

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RZF24FUvz6WZ9zsK7

2 hours ago, tysontripodi said:

I can't even install windows 7, neither the mouse or keyboard will work. I have tried different ports as well as a different mouse.

use the VNC as display to install, this should work without external KB and mouse.

Once up and running with USB passed thru then change to GPU.

If you go to tools/system devices does your usb devices show up in PCI Devices and IOMMU Groups? like in the picture below.

If you can see them in the list they are not being passed through. You need to select the usb controller they are attached to and select it in your vm setup. Depending on your motherboard you may have a lot of usb controllers or if older maybe only 1 or 2. Note, don't pass through a controller that has got devices on used for Unraid.

image.thumb.png.eaa7f92bd8b7a72597c83d30d77bd100.png

The usb devices should be at the bottom of your VM setup page, like below.

image.png.ab448ae0da01ef9a5bd310d32496b884.png