Any EE-ATX cases out there?

superloopy1

I will need 18 for hard drives and a further 5 for ssd to max out the case.  I'm s bit confused over the markings peripheral/sata on the psus I've looked at. Are each of those connections identical in power output so that I can use any of them for sata drives? Also the board I have has a 24 pin ATX connector AND two eps12v connectors. Again, the psus I've seen only have a 20 pin ATX power connector. How do you power the missing 4 pins?

Edited by superloopy1

Thanks, I'm getting there. That. Corsair PSU has no molex unfortunately, seasonics do but not the requisite EPs connectors. I'm still struggling for a decent 850w PSU with both AND a small profile if possible. Oh, and aiming, what coolers are on your cpu?. I need to source those next. Case should arrive today ...

It should come with 8 Molex connections the peripheral ones (PATA) I think is on the datasheet. You should be able to see from the cable pack image I sent previously. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Noctua-NH-U12DX-Premium-Cooler-LGA20xx/dp/B00DWFQ42I

I added a second fan to each cooler.

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/Power-Supply-Units-Advanced/RMx-Series/p/CP-9020180-UK#tab-tech-specs

image.thumb.png.9548053d41009699dcfcfac413a25beb.png

Thanks for all the info.

Case has arrived but it's only got 2 drive trays (type b) , is that correct?. The manual says it should have 6 so I expected to see the rest in the case itself but nothing! Can anyone remember how many actual trays this ships with? I've raised it with Scan who shipped the case. Let's see what they say. 

Edited by superloopy1
4 hours ago, SimonF said:

Looking in the manual they seem to be on the opposite side to normal.

image.thumb.png.e77e1480e52bd2dd5a8b7e2604ca8bfe.png

I do have those, what's missing are the trays which fix inside the case, where your bank of 12 (9) are ... spoke to seller and they are to check tomorrow but even the box that the case comes in says that max of 18 drives with 6 trays supplied alongwith those two cradles and 2 x 2.5" ssd mounting plates which i do have. I'm missing any trays for my hard drives.  Fortunately i had already purchased the extra 10 trays i need which arrived today so its not going to hold up the build ... what is holding up the build is that my cpus still have to arrive .... dual e5-2683v4, oh, amd the psu. In the end i went for a corsair hx850 platinum cos its got 16 sata. i hope. Out of stock atm but expevted in tomorrow. Let's see ...  and lets hope everythings good at the end of this ... i appreciate all the help people are giving.

Edited by superloopy1

Motherboard fitted in, just! Still waiting on cpus. psu and drive trays. Just wondering guys, on a dual cpu build do i power on for the first time with only 1 cpu to check all runs ok and then upgrade to two once i'm happy that my system runs or do you just chuck everything in from the off? I was only planning on the  stick of memory in each bank too??

youre right ... i need to have at least two slots populated for 1 cpu. May as well just add in all 4 alongwith second processor. Quick question ... which way is recpmmended airflow on the x9 board? I cant find anything in the manual about the x10 boards flow, nothing on the board itself either.

PSU arrived and fitted .... cables are too short, i've given up for today. . Tomorrow i'll remove psu, try it out of the case to test the build and take it from there. Cables are woefully short all round, this being an EE-ATX board with the power connectors located at the top of the case. You'd think i'd have seen that one coming! Anyone know, do Corsair make extension cables at all?

Extension cables would make it nicer but i managed to connect what i needed to check out build uh,oh.

Edited by superloopy1

Not getting past POST ... 'PEI Intel Reference Code Execution error B7' ... seems my memory is shot in some way. Must admit i'm using DD4-2666 mobo supports DDR2400 or so it says but i'd exepect it to be able to underclock or does it matter? Anyway i've grabbed a few sticks of DD£-2133 lets get back to basics and will give them a go when they arrive. It's becoming an expensive build ...

quick question ... should my usb keyboard receive power if the board itself is powered although not POSTing, cos mine isnt, just another thing to keep my eye on.

2 hours ago, superloopy1 said:

Must admit i'm using DD4-2666 mobo supports DDR2400 or so it says but i'd exepect it to be able to underclock or does it matter?

what kind of memory do you have?

your mobo need Registered ECC RDIMM! it's a server ram, consumer mobos use unbuffered RAM - it will not work with your mobo.

thanks guys ... i'm using RDIMMS which are all ecc from the tested memory list for the board,  they are  DDR4-2666 but i'm thinking that to use v4 cpuz this board needs to be on a later bios than maybe it is and that this could be the issue with the memory also. Spec for the board only says that DDR2400 is supported but surely the board should clock memory down? I dont expect it to run at 2666, just 2400. to check this out i've grabbed a fourset of DDR4-2133 memory which IS within spec and a couple of lower V3 spec cpus just in case i need them to get past the POST assuming i can get it to post, maybe not, then i can update bios and retry. This extra memory and cpuz can go into another case so nothing lost there. The board and fans do power up and onscreen gives the PIE error message but theres no power to usb ports front or back, is that normal as the board DOES have power. Is usb not available until after POST, anyone know?

Edited by superloopy1

Managed to drag up the system on one stick of ram and one 'older' v3 cpu. Now i need a bios update ... but how? Ive posted up a separate question on this sub forum, it might get moved on hows the best way to get to at leats version 2.0 which is needed to support v4 cpus which i have. all suggestions welcome ...

All sorted now, up and running on both E5-2683v4 cpus and now have 96GB of ram and 32 cores to play with, sweet!

Did have a few bad ram sticks cos in total i should have 160gb but heyho ... cant win them all with second hand hardware is suppose.

Thanks to all who helped me along ... uldise, SimonF and others.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, superloopy1 said:

All sorted now, up and running on both E5-2683v4 cpus and now have 96GB of ram and 32 cores to play with, sweet!

Did have a few bad ram sticks cos in total i should have 160gb but heyho ... cant win them all with second hand hardware is suppose.

Thanks to all who helped me along ... uldise, SimonF and others.

Glad you are up and running

• 10 months later...