[Support] lnxd - PhoenixMiner

Overview: Support thread for lnxd/PhoenixMiner in CA.

Application: PhoenixMiner - https://github.com/PhoenixMinerDevTeam/PhoenixMiner/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/lnxd/phoenixminer

GitHub: https://github.com/lnxd/docker-phoenixminer

Please ensure that you know what you're doing before setting this up, as excessively high temperatures are BAD for computers and could damage your hardware / eventuate in data loss.

Instructions:

1. Ensure you are on Unraid 6.9.0 or later; otherwise, amdgpu drivers are not included.
  2. Ensure your GPU is not bound to vfio at boot, on 6.9.0, and later you can do this by visiting Tools > System Devices and ensuring your card (and its audio device) is not checked. Also, ensure your GPU is not stubbed by checking its ID on the above page and cross-referencing with pci-stub.ids= (by visiting Main > Flash). If you made changes in this step, you need to safely shut down the array and reboot before proceeding.
  3. If you use AMD: Install ich777's Radeon TOP via CA (Easiest way to load AMD GPU drivers on Unraid host, which is still necessary even though the container contains AMD drivers).
  4. Install lnxd's PhoenixMiner via CA.
  5. Make sure you update the pool & wallet address; otherwise, your 'rig' will generate income for me instead.
  6. If you use NVIDIA: Remove -amd from Additional PhoenixMiner Arguments.
  7. If you want to enable PhoenixMiner to control the fans / undervolt / overclock: leave privileged mode enabled for the container.
  8. Run it, check the logs constantly for the first 20 mins or so to ensure it is working and your card doesn't overheat. If something looks incorrect, stop the container and double-check your config. I like to try and keep my 5500XT around 75c and my RX 580 around 55c (modded bios).
  9. (Optional) If you want to monitor your miner from a web app rather than a representation of the logs, check out PhoenixStats in CA.

Warning: If you don't leave privileged mode enabled for the container, your GPU's default fan curve will be used, which is usually optimised for gaming. Make sure you have Bergware's Dynamix System Autofan installed to prevent overheating. I recommend enabling it and setting the high temperature to 25c at most. Low I set to 20c. I could not get the PWM min speed, but this didn't affect anything for me during testing.

Tags:

Nvidia cards should work on all tags. Different AMD GPUs require different driver versions, and those different driver versions often don't work very well on Operating Systems that they weren't built for. For this reason, I've gone ahead and changed to using multiple tags, each tag has it's own GPU compatibility table further down. If someone has success with an AMD GPU on a specific tag please reply to this thread and let me know so I can update the table. I only have access to an RX 580 and a 5500XT for testing.

• lnxd/phoenixminer:latest (Same as latest-20.20 as this is the most compatible with current cards)
  • lnxd/phoenixminer:latest-20.45 (Only for RX6800 and RX6900)
  • lnxd/phoenixminer:latest-20.20
  • lnxd/phoenixminer:latest-18.20 
  • lnxd/phoenixminer:latest-15.12 (Cards that rely on the radeon kernel module will not work)

Compatibility:

These lists are very hopeful, they're sourced from the AMD website, and there's a real possibility your GPU might not work with a tag it's supposed to. Please do not make purchasing decisions based on these tables.

Also keep in mind you are unlikely to be able to profit from mining with a card with less than or equal to 4GB VRAM available to it. If you try this container you will probably get a DAG generation error or an extremely low hash rate.

GPUs possibly compatible with lnxd/phoenixminer:latest-20.20:    (click to expand)

Spoiler
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 5700/5600/5500 Series Graphics.           
    Confirmed working: 5500XT 8GB by lnxd
  • AMD Radeon™ Pro W-series
  • AMD Radeon™ VII Series Graphics                      
  • AMD Radeon™ Pro W 5700/5500 Series Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ RX Vega Series Graphics                  
  • AMD Radeon™ Pro WX-series
  • AMD Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition                    
  • AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 9100
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 550/560/570/580/590 Series Graphics    
    Confirmed working: RX580 8GB by lnxd, RX580 8GB SPOautos, RX570 8GB by NixonInnes 
  • AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 8200
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 460/470/480 Graphics                             
    Confirmed working: RX480 8GB
  • AMD FirePro™ W9100
  • AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo                                  
  • AMD FirePro™ W8100
  • AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury/Fury X/Nano Graphics            
  • AMD FirePro™ W7100
  • AMD Radeon™ R9 380/380X/390/390X Graphics            
  • AMD FirePro™ W5100
  • AMD Radeon™ R9 285/290/290X Graphics                
  • AMD FirePro™ W4300
  • AMD Radeon™ R9 360 Graphics

GPUs possibly compatible with lnxd/phoenixminer:latest-18.20:   (click to expand)

Spoiler
  • Radeon™ RX Vega Series Graphics              

• AMD Radeon™ Pro WX-series

• Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition                

• AMD FirePro™ W9100

• Radeon™ RX 550/560/570/580 Series Graphics        
    Confirmed working: RX580 8GB by lnxd, RX580 8GB by SPOautos, RX570 8GB by NixonInnes

• AMD FirePro™ W8100

• AMD Radeon™ RX 460/470/480 Graphics                  
    Confirmed working: RX480 8GB by ich777

• AMD FirePro™ W7100

• AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo                          

• AMD FirePro™ W5100

• AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury/Fury X/Nano Graphics      

• AMD FirePro™ W4300

• AMD Radeon™ R9 380/380X/390/390X Graphics    

• AMD FirePro™ W4100

• AMD Radeon™ R9 285/290/290X Graphics          

• AMD FirePro™ W2100

• AMD Radeon™ R7 240/250/250X/260/260X/350      

• AMD FirePro™ W600

• AMD Radeon™ HD7700/7800/8500/8600            

• AMD FirePro™ S-Series

• AMD Radeon™ R9 360 Graphics                  

• AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 9100

• AMD Radeon™ R5 340    

GPUs possibly compatible with lnxd/phoenixminer:latest-15.12:   (click to expand)

Spoiler
  • AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X            

• AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series

• AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury              

• AMD Radeon™ R5 230 Series

• AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano              

• AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series

• AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series        

• AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series

• AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series          
    Not working: R9 270x by Lobsi

• AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series

• AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series        

• ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 Series

• AMD Radeon™ HD 7600A Series      

• AMD Radeon™ HD 6600A Series

• AMD Radeon™ HD 7450A Series      

• AMD Radeon™ HD 6350A Series

• A-Series AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics  

• AMD Radeon™ HD 8000D Series

• A-Series AMD Radeon™ R6 Graphics  

• AMD Radeon™ HD 7000D Series

• A-Series AMD Radeon™ R5 Graphics  

• AMD Radeon™ HD 6000D Series

• A-Series AMD Radeon™ R4 Graphics  

• AMD Radeon™ HD 8000G Series

• A-Series AMD Radeon™ R3 Graphics  

• AMD Radeon™ HD 7000G Series

• FX-8800P AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics  

• AMD Radeon™ HD 6000G Series

• E-Series AMD Radeon™ R2 Graphics

• AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series        

• AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series

• AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series        

• AMD Radeon™ HD 8000M Series

• AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series        

• AMD Radeon™ HD 7000M Series

• AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series        

• AMD Radeon™ HD 6000M Series

• AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series        

• ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5000 Series

GPUs possibly compatible with lnxd/phoenixminer:latest-20.45:   (click to expand)

Spoiler
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 6900/6800 Series Graphics

FAQ: (not necessarily by real people 😂)

Q: Where can I find more arguments to use in additional?

A: The output of ./Phoenixminer -help for 5.6d is available here.

Q: I have multiple GPUs, can I use this container?

A: Yes! If you have multiple GPUs, and they are all listed in one table, go for that version. If you have multiple GPUs and they are on different tables, you can have multiple containers on different tags and use the -gpus flag in PhoenixMiner to set which container uses which GPU.

Q: What are the mining fees?

A: There are none from me. The developer of PhoenixMiner charges 0.65%. This means that every 90 minutes the miner will mine for them for 35 seconds. The default pool, Ethermine, has a 1% fee and shares the transaction fees from the block. You can change to mine on any pool.

Q: Why is my card still heating up if I've set a target temperature (tt)?

A: PhoenixMiner seems to still rely on the default fan curve, so unless you've optimised that for mining it's probably best to set a fixed fan speed by setting the tt value to a negative, such as -70 (fixed at 70% fan speed while PhoenixMiner is running). The lower you can safely set this, the slightly less power your rig will use and the less the affect mining will have on your GPU fan's lifespan.

Q: Why am I getting such a low hash rate (eg. 2.5MH/s)?
A: Could be a lot of things, from the card having a very low power limit set, to trying to use a fake card. But the most likely issue is that you're using a card without enough VRAM. 4gb cards are not really suitable for Ethereum mining, please see the Compatibility section above. 

Q: Is there an easier way to see the data from the Unraid WebUI Dashboard?
A: Yes! Users who have ich777's Radeon TOP installed can also install b3rs3rk's GPU Statistics plugin from CA. This will allow you to see things like the GPU temperature, load, fan RPM of one GPU at a time. Please note that it is expected for memory usage to be only around 4gb, as this is the current DAG limit.

Q: Does this also work with NVIDIA cards?
A: Shh! Yes it does. I don't know enough about the NVIDIA drivers in Ubuntu yet to list a compatibility chart, but thanks to some testing by ich777 I have confirmation that lnxd/phoenixminer:latest-20.45, lnxd/phoenixminer:latest-20.20 and lnxd/phoenixminer:latest work with a GTX1060 6GB. The same limitations with regards to VRAM apply as AMD cards, 4gb cards won't work. 

Screenshots:

Spoiler

minerstats.thumb.png.45250f7d5cdbfdac27fb4b4507873587.png

screenshot.thumb.png.4e249f75c8cbafd30a7c1f3d50111c8f.png

Feel free to comment here if you need any assistance. 

Edited by lnxd
  • Like 1

Cool and neat.

Now I can run phoenix miner at the server level rather than inside my windows VM.  Of course I lose the use of my GPU for actually powering my monitors in such scenario but using a thin client and running the windows VM (my daily driver) headless would get around that. 

Edited by clay_statue
formatting
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, clay_statue said:

Cool and neat.

Now I can run phoenix miner at the server level rather than inside my windows VM.  Of course I lose the use of my GPU for actually powering my monitors in such scenario but using a thin client and running the windows VM (my daily driver) headless would get around that. 

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad to see someone else is going to get some use out of it! Let me know if anything comes up that gets you stuck. 

I have the same concern; luckily, in my case, I still have the iGPU on my i5 10500. One day when I get some time, I might take a shot at passing that through.

7 hours ago, DGPugliese said:

Is there a way to look up error codes. Mine keeps failing.

[91mGPU1: Allocating buffers failed with: clCreateBuffer (-61).

Hey @DGPugliese, not as far as I know but this error is to do with DAG generation. How much RAM does your GPU have?

6 hours ago, urbanracer34 said:

Just thought people should know about this: https://www.nicehash.com/blog/post/stop-using-phoenix-miner-immediately

Thanks for the warning to the community. It triggered a lot of people on the NiceHash subreddit and YouTube when they published that. The general consensus as far as I know is that NiceHash took advantage of a bad situation for the developer (Mega removing all Mining related binaries) and advertised their own Excavator miner using fear tactics. This is the developer's response. A lot of people have similar concerns about using NiceHash as the FBI have a warrant out for the arrest of their founder due to his involvement in the creation of a botnet, and he was recently detained in Germany for 8 months. 

This post definitely crossed my mind when making this but this container pulls the binary from the PhoenixMiner's developer's official GitHub repo, and if the developer had taken advantage of some kind of baked in exit strategy why would they still be working on it? We can't know for sure, but if I got as good a hash rate from TeamRedMiner I would've containerised that instead 😅 

5 hours ago, Cpt. Chaz said:

off to the races. thanks!

No worries at all! 😁

Edited by lnxd

I'm going through your checklist of things to check and do.....I do not see a app called Radeon TOP in CA.  Could it have changed names?

In the support thread it says it's the easiest way to load AMD drivers.....but in the CA profile it says the docker already has AMD drivers.

Just confused if I need that app or not

Thanks! Excited to try this out!

Edited by SPOautos
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, SPOautos said:

I'm going through your checklist of things to check and do.....I do not see a app called Radeon TOP in CA.  Could it have changed names?

In the support thread it says it's the easiest way to load AMD drivers.....but in the CA profile it says the docker already has AMD drivers.

Just confused if I need that app or not

I can see why that'd be confusing. 😂 

You don't need Radeon Top specifically, but you need to let the Unraid host load the drivers, which is why this relies on 6.9.0 or later. As long as Unraid is up to date on your host, you should be able to see it in there. It looks like the only requirement for the plug-in set by ich777 is 6.9.0. If you're going top-down through the steps, I'm guessing you're already on 6.9.1. 

505970678_ScreenShot2021-03-25at5_19_48pm.thumb.png.4c0b13591ddda32dcf25ed8d445b8012.png

I would very strongly recommend installing this plug-in. It might be worth visiting settings from the sidebar in CA and temporarily setting "Hide Incompatible Applications" to No, and doing another search to see if that turns it up. Best to make sure you change it back afterwards. 

If you feel like you've exhausted everything, you can try one of the following:

Option 1: Per the user guide, you can open up a terminal window via the Unraid WebUI and run this before restarting to unblacklist the host's amdgpu drivers:

touch /boot/config/modprobe.d/amdgpu.conf

And, sometime in the future, if you need to be able to use vfio passthrough with your GPU; you can run this before restarting to undo it: 

rm /boot/config/modprobe.d/amdgpu.conf

Option 2: The concept for this is stolen from ich777's plug-in, and it's more of a temporary option that doesn't require a reboot but will need to be re-run after each boot. You could set it up as a User Script, but it is much cleaner to use the plug-in. Jump into a terminal window on the host and run:

modprobe amdgpu && sleep 1 && chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

Thanks for your question @SPOautos, I've updated the OP and readme to be more clear.

Edited by lnxd
7 hours ago, lnxd said:

I can see why that'd be confusing. 😂 

You don't need Radeon Top specifically, but you need to let the Unraid host load the drivers, which is why this relies on 6.9.0 or later. As long as Unraid is up to date on your host, you should be able to see it in there. It looks like the only requirement for the plug-in set by ich777 is 6.9.0. If you're going top-down through the steps, I'm guessing you're already on 6.9.1. 

505970678_ScreenShot2021-03-25at5_19_48pm.thumb.png.4c0b13591ddda32dcf25ed8d445b8012.png

I would very strongly recommend installing this plug-in. It might be worth visiting settings from the sidebar in CA and temporarily setting "Hide Incompatible Applications" to No, and doing another search to see if that turns it up. Best to make sure you change it back afterwards. 

If you feel like you've exhausted everything, you can try one of the following:

Option 1: Per the user guide, you can open up a terminal window via the Unraid WebUI and run this before restarting to unblacklist the host's amdgpu drivers:

touch /boot/config/modprobe.d/amdgpu.conf

And, sometime in the future, if you need to be able to use vfio passthrough with your GPU; you can run this before restarting to undo it: 

rm /boot/config/modprobe.d/amdgpu.conf

Option 2: The concept for this is stolen from ich777's plug-in, and it's more of a temporary option that doesn't require a reboot but will need to be re-run after each boot. You could set it up as a User Script, but it is much cleaner to use the plug-in. Jump into a terminal window on the host and run:

modprobe amdgpu && sleep 1 && chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

Thanks for your question @SPOautos, I've updated the OP and readme to be more clear.

Well I was on 6.9.0 v2 but I just updated to 6.9.1 and now the Radeon TOP plugin started showing up.  In the description of the Radeon TOP is says "please not that this plugin only enables the 'amdgpu' Kernel module and not the 'radeon' Kernel module"   I have a Radeon RX580, should I enable the Radeon Kernel Module it mentions? I really have no idea what the difference is between those two Kernel modules or if that will matter. 

Edited by SPOautos
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

Well I was on 6.9.0 v2 but I just updated to 6.9.1 and now the Radeon TOP plugin started showing up.  In the description of the Radeon TOP is says "please not that this plugin only enables the 'amdgpu' Kernel module and not the 'radeon' Kernel module"   I have a Radeon RX580, should I enable the Radeon Kernel Module to mentions? I really have no idea what the difference is between those two Kernel modules

No need to enable the radeon module, that is for older cards. I’m pretty sure none of the cards that are supported by that will be worth it to mine with these days. Your RX580 will work with the amdgpu module just fine.

Just now, SPOautos said:

This is kind of off topic, but I've never mined nor really messed with crypto where I needed a wallet. Do you have a recommendation of a good wallet to setup and use?

No worries. Depends a little bit on which country you’re in and your level of comfort with storing your cash. There’s hosted wallets (where someone else keeps the keys), local wallets (where you keep the keys) and hardware wallets (where the wallet is the key).

Easiest to set up is a hosted wallet, I’m not sure where you’re located but an example of this in Australia would be CoinJar, and an example in the US would be Coinbase. Just make sure if you take this path you find a company you trust and turn on two factor authentication.

Personally I mine to a local wallet, but if you’re a windows user you’ll probably get bombarded with AV detections. I use MyCrypto and CoinJar.  

Ethereum have an official list of wallets, any of those should be fine https://ethereum.org/en/wallets/find-wallet/

• Like 1

Okay, I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. I've never done anything with mining before but something isnt quite right because when I hit start it doesnt start up.

I changed the pool address to us1.ethermine.org:4444 since I live in east US. But I am not sure thats right,  how do I get a pool address or figure out what pool is best?  I just looked on Ethermine.org and saw pool addresses and put one in that was relative to my area....It looked like the ethereum pool shown on Ethermine.org works with Pheonix Mining.....but again, I'm just trying to figure this stuff out.

I left the password field as X since it says that is typical. I dont know where I could find a password if one is needed. I have my new wallet receive ID entered in....mine had a lot of spaces like 1234 5678 should I leave the spaces or remove them?

Edited by SPOautos

I changed the pool address to us1.ethermine.org:4444 since I live in east US. But I am not sure thats right

Morning @SPOautos, that pool address is valid and ethermine is a good option.

I left the password field as X since it says that is typical. I dont know where I could find a password if one is needed.

This is correct for ethermine.

I have my new wallet receive ID entered in....mine had a lot of spaces like 1234 5678 should I leave the spaces or remove them?

Wallet addresses don't have spaces in them so I'm thinking that's the problem. It will probably just start and then quit because it will think each part of your address is a different argument. Feel free to share the logs from the container if you're not sure. 

Edited by lnxd
4 minutes ago, lnxd said:

Morning @SPOautos, that pool address is valid and ethermine is a good option.

This is correct for ethermine.

Wallet addresses don't have spaces in them so I'm thinking that's the problem. It will probably just start and then quit because it will think each part of your address is a different argument. Feel free to share the logs from the container if you're not sure. 

For the wallet, I entered it in just like it shows in Coinomi on the 'recieve ethereum' area, it shows spaces like that.

Here is a copy/paste of the log......

Project: PhoenixMiner 5.5c
Author: lnxd
Base: Ubuntu 20.04
Target: Unraid 6.9.0 - 6.9.1

Wallet: 0xF4 6DAd D920 01db 24CCD 681D 0b73 aF9a d3dD f2774
Pool: us1.ethermine.org:4444

Starting PhoenixMiner 5.5c with the following arguments:
-pool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -wal 0xF4 6DAd D920 01db 24CCD 681D 0b73 aF9a d3dD f2774.x -tt 68 -tstop 75 -tstart 50 -cdm 1 -cdmport 5450 -amd
Phoenix Miner 5.5c Linux/gcc - Release build
--------------------------------------------

Invalid option: 6DAd

-pool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -wal 0xF4 6DAd D920 01db 24CCD 681D 0b73 aF9a d3dD f2774.x -tt 68 -tstop 75 -tstart 50 -cdm 1 -cdmport 5450 -amd

33 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

Here is a copy/paste of the log......

Yup, that's your problem. Your wallet address should be 0xF46DAdD92001db24CCD681D0b73aF9ad3dDf2774

Basically it's trying to run:

./phoenixminer -pool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -wal 0xF4 6DAd D920 01db 24CCD 681D 0b73 aF9a d3dD f2774.x -tt 68 -tstop 75 -tstart 50 -cdm 1 -cdmport 5450 -amd

So PhoenixMiner thinks your address is 0xF4 and that 6DAd is another instruction from you that it doesn't understand.

I'd also set -tt (Target Temperature) to a fixed speed like -65, 68 is a good target temperature but it's unlikely your default fan curve will let that happen. When you get the hang of it you can start playing around with other arguments like pairing -tt with -fanmin, etc. but if your card is in a closed case it's better to be on the safe side.

I decided to just take the side off my case and let the GPUs warm my office, luckily for me we're coming into winter.

Once you're up and going you can check your stats by entering your address on ethermine.org. I also added another container last night called 
PhoenixStats so you can directly monitor your miner via http instead of having to scroll through the logs to see the per GPU hash rates and temperatures. 

Screenshot:

Spoiler

Edited by lnxd
31 minutes ago, lnxd said:

Yup, that's your problem. Your wallet address should be 0xF46DAdD92001db24CCD681D0b73aF9ad3dDf2774

Basically it's trying to run:

./phoenixminer -pool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -wal 0xF4 6DAd D920 01db 24CCD 681D 0b73 aF9a d3dD f2774.x -tt 68 -tstop 75 -tstart 50 -cdm 1 -cdmport 5450 -amd

So PhoenixMiner thinks your address is 0xF4 and that 6DAd is another instruction from you that it doesn't understand.

I'd also set -tt (Target Temperature) to a fixed speed like -65, 68 is a good goal temperature but it's unlikely your default fan curve will let that happen. When you get the hang of it you can start playing around with other arguments like pairing -tt with -fanmin, etc. but if your card is in a closed case it's better to be on the safe side.

I decided to just take the side off my case and let the GPUs warm my office, luckily for me we're coming into winter.

Once you're up and going you can check your stats by entering your address on ethermine.org. I also added another container last night called 
PhoenixStats so you can directly monitor your miner via http instead of having to scroll through the logs to see the per GPU hash rates and temperatures. 

Screenshot:

Reveal hidden contents

I edited the wallet number to remove the spaces and it started right up.

My Radeon RX580 is running at 100% load now.....what is the best way to monitor the gpu temperature?

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

I edited the wallet number to remove the spaces and it started right up.

Wooh! Congrats.

50 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

what is the best way to monitor the gpu temperature?

In the short term, you can see it in the docker logs. In the long term, probably PhoenixStats in CA.

Edited by lnxd
45 minutes ago, lnxd said:

In the short term, you can see it in the docker logs. In the long term, probably PhoenixStats in CA.

In your original post you have a image of your two GPU's with their temp and fan %, is that from your PheonixStats app? I have the app installed however it doesnt look anything like that and isnt pulling in the data when I go to webgui. My Webgui is just text with no data.

Edited by SPOautos
7 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

In your original post you have a image of your two GPU's with their temp and fan %, is that from your PheonixStats app? I have the app installed however it doesnt look anything like that and isnt pulling in the data when I go to webgui. 

Wow that looks beautiful, doesn't it? I'm so proud.

Just kidding.

I just updated the template a few seconds ago to make it more generic, you've left the default settings so it's trying to connect to my server IP which doesn't exist on your local network. You'll need to edit the docker container and add in your own server IP as the Miner Host which appears to be 192.168.1.103, you can also add in a Server Name eg. Unraid

Edited by lnxd
4 minutes ago, lnxd said:

Wow that looks beautiful, doesn't it? I'm so proud.

Just kidding.

I just updated the template a few seconds ago to make it more generic. You'll need to edit the docker container and add in your own server IP as the Miner Host which appears to be 192.168.1.103, you can also add in a Server Name eg. Unraid

Sweet, its working now.....so in the mining container settings it says fan control "only works if privileged mode is enabled"......how do I set up privileged mode?   Should I delete my ip from the thread?  Maybe that isnt good to publish

Edited by SPOautos
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

Sweet, its working now.....

Perfect!

4 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

so in the mining container settings it says fan control "only works if privileged mode is enabled"......how do I set up privileged mode? 

It's on by default, so you should be fine unless you turned it off. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 11.46.26 am.png

Edited by lnxd
3 minutes ago, lnxd said:

Perfect!

It's on by default, so you should be fine unless you turned it off. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 11.46.26 am.png

My gpu temp is at 68C which is my "target temp" my fan speed is only at around 55%.  Does it run the fan just hard enough to maintain the temp right at the "Target Temp"?

Edited by SPOautos
15 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

My gpu temp is at 68C and my fan speed is only at around 55%, it seems like it should go higher than that since I have my stop temp at 70C.  Does it run the fan just hard enough to maintain the temp right under the "Stop Temp"?

It runs the fan depending on -tt (Target Temperature) and your GPU's fan curves. I have my fan speed set to a fixed value due to temperature fluctuations in the room it's in. The -tstop (Stop Temperature) is a cutoff temperature for the GPU., ie. you have yours set so that if the GPU reaches 70c, it will stop mining until it cools down to the -tstart (Resume Temperature).

70c is probably a little low for the Stop Temperature on an RX580 if you're on stock bios. They can handle up to around 100c for short bursts, but that's detrimental for your other hardware. I'd set the Stop Temperature to around 80c-85c, and Start Temperature to 75c-80c. Keep in mind it shouldn't be hitting these ranges unless you have an airflow problem.

Edited by lnxd
  • lnxd changed the title to [Support] lnxd - PhoenixMiner