[Support] lnxd - PhoenixMiner

15 minutes ago, lnxd said:

It runs the fan depending on -tt (Target Temperature) and your GPU's fan curves. I have my fan speed set to a fixed value due to temperature fluctuations in the room it's in. The Stop Temperature is a cutoff temperature for the GPU., ie. you have yours set so that if the GPU reaches 70c, it will stop mining until it cools down to the Resume Temperature. 70c is probably a little low for the Stop Temperature on an RX580 if you're on stock bios. 

I know it can run hotter than 70C and be okay, but I'm more concerned with it making the rest of the box hot. Right now, its been at 100% for just over a hour and is staying rock solid at 68C which I suppose it warmer than I'd like due to my processor and nvme drive both being directly above the GPU and have gone up about 8-10C. My hard drives are fine, they have only moved up 1C.

processor is Xeon e5 2690v3 with a max operating temp of 89C and its staying steady at 52C  (normally at 40C-45C)

Samsung nvme has max operating temp of 70C and its staying steady at 48C (normally at 40C) 

I may lower my target temp a little and see how much louder the fans get....but it does sit in my living room so I try to keep it fairly quiet. Right now its not to bad with the fans at 50-55%

I suppose my thought was to set the stop temp just a little higher than the target temp because if its not able to maintain temp then something must be wrong and it needs to stop mining.

Edited by SPOautos
Just now, SPOautos said:

I know it can run hotter than 70C and be okay, but I'm more concerned with it making the rest of the box hot.

Very good call.

My i5-10500 sits at around 60c-65c under avg. 50% load (my server is always under load because my whole family uses it). My M2 970 Evo Plus cache drive hovers between 45c-50c, but sometimes hits like 65c-70c under load. I've forgotten my pre-mining temps, but I can't safely put the tempered glass side back on my server while it's mining since I added in the 5500xt.

My other drives usually sit between 35c-45c, but they're not in my PC case, they're in a separate enclosure. 

My UPS shows 555w power draw for most of the day, but that's with all my networking equipment connected to it as well.

I gave up on fan noise, I'm used to my office having an idle hum to it now. At least it covers the sound of my Ironwolf Pro parity drive 😂

24 minutes ago, lnxd said:

Very good call.

My i5-10500 sits at around 60c-65c under avg. 50% load (my server is always under load because my whole family uses it). My M2 970 Evo Plus cache drive hovers between 45c-50c, but sometimes hits like 65c-70c under load. I've forgotten my pre-mining temps, but I can't safely put the tempered glass side back on my server while it's mining since I added in the 5500xt.

My other drives usually sit between 35c-45c, but they're not in my PC case, they're in a separate enclosure. 

My UPS shows 555w power draw for most of the day, but that's with all my networking equipment connected to it as well.

I gave up on fan noise, I'm used to my office having an idle hum to it now. At least it covers the sound of my Ironwolf Pro parity drive 😂

Well I guess based on your temps I guess really dont need to worry about my processor and nvme.  

In your Stats app, should it look like the one your took a screen shot of in your original post.....or just black text?  I dont really care how it looks but just mostly want to make sure its running correctly.  

Awesome apps man! I'm excited to be able to mine.  I suppose with one GPU running I cant expect to make hardly anything but its kind of fun to have it doing something. Looks like the extra power will cost me about $12US per month. Any ideas on how much it might make over a month? 

Should I try out different pools and such? Some pools seem to mine a lot more than others but I suppose there is a balance between how much is mined vs how many miners are involved in the pool.  Its been running 25-28MH/s 

Edited by SPOautos
47 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

Well I guess based on your temps I guess really dont need to worry about my processor and nvme.  

Mine are on the higher side, don't get too comfortable, but you're well within the safe operating ranges. Just keep an eye on your hard drives as well, those don't do well at higher temperatures.

In your Stats app, should it look like the one your took a screen shot of in your original post.....or just black text?  I dont really care how it looks but just mostly want to make sure its running correctly.

Uhhhhhh it should definitely look like the screenshot. I just noticed a last second change I made at like 1am last night broke it, a fix will be coming shortly 😅 Thanks for letting me know.

Awesome apps man! I'm excited to be able to mine.  I suppose with one GPU running I cant expect to make hardly anything but its kind of fun to have it doing something. Looks like the extra power will cost me about $12US per month. Any ideas on how much it might make over a month? 

Thanks! As you know, I didn't develop PhoenixMiner (I wish I did based on their dev wallets) or even do the ground work for PhoenixStats (it was built on top of someone's monitor from like 2 years ago), but a surprising amount of RnD goes in to even building on top of other people's work so I appreciate the thanks.

I completely get the fun aspect of mining as well, that's half the reason I started. With those numbers (25-28MH/s) you should get around 0.04293eth - 0.04809eth per month at current difficulty ($68.72 - $76.97 USD) after PhoenixMiner (0.65%) and Ethermine's (1%) fees are taken into account (I get nothing). At the very least it will make otherwise static hardware profitable. 

Should I try out different pools and such? Some pools seem to mine a lot more than others but I suppose there is a balance between how much is mined vs how many miners are involved in the pool.  Its been running 25-28MH/s 

That's exactly right. I tried a few and eventually settled with Ethermine. I had similarly good results with Nanopool. You're going to get pretty similar results no matter which (popular) pool you pick, just keep in mind that they all (except NiceHash, but that's a different concept) have minimum payouts, and there is a small fee for each payout. Ideally you'd find a good one and stick with it.

Apart from your results over time (income) the main number to pay attention to when determining if you're with a suitable pool is the actual hash rate vs your reported hash rate. For me, the reported hash rate in PhoenixMiner has been pretty consistent with the actual hash rate visible from Ethermine. Right now, your reported hash rate to Ethermine is 27.9MH/s but your actual hash rate (what they're paying you for) is 31.8MH/s. You can see all this at your metrics link on Ethermine, including your calculated profit based on your mining performance over the last 24h.

Edited by lnxd
7 minutes ago, lnxd said:

Mine are on the higher side, don't get too comfortable, but you're well within the safe operating ranges. 

Uhhhhhh it should definitely look like the screenshot. I just noticed a last second change I made at like 1am last night broke it, a fix will be coming shortly 😅 Thanks for letting me know.

Thanks! As you know, I didn't develop PhoenixMiner (I wish I did based on their dev wallets) or even do the ground work for PhoenixStats (it was built on top of someone's monitor from like 2 years ago), but a surprising amount of RnD goes in to even building on top of other people's work so I appreciate the thanks.

I completely get the fun aspect of mining as well, that's half the reason I started. With those numbers (25-28MH/s) you should get around 0.04293eth - 0.04809eth per month at current difficulty ($68.72 - $76.97 USD) after PhoenixMiner (0.65%) and Ethermine's (1%) fees are taken into account (I get nothing). At the very least it will make otherwise static hardware profitable. 

That's exactly right. I tried a few and eventually settled with Ethermine. I had similarly good results with Nanopool. You're going to get pretty similar results no matter which (popular) pool you pick, just keep in mind that they all (except NiceHash, but that's a different concept) have minimum payouts, and there is a small fee for each payout. Ideally you'd find a good one and stick with it.

The main number to pay attention to when determining if you're with a suitable pool is the actual hash rate vs your reported hash rate. For me, the reported hash rate in PhoenixMiner has been pretty consistent with the actual hash rate visible from Ethermine. Right now, your reported hash rate to Ethermine is 27.9MH/s but your actual hash rate (what they're paying you for) is 31.8MH/s. You can see all this at your metrics link on Ethermine, including your calculated profit based on your mining performance over the last 24h.

Oh awesome, I didnt know I could pull it up like that....Thanks for the link!  Well $70 a month would actually be more than I figured it would be. I thought it would be like half that.

You have any thoughts on how long a GPU 'might' last running at 100% 24/7?  Do you ever shut it down to give them a break?

I wonder how much a entire computer can mine as opposed to just a GPU.  Does anyone setup to have the processor and ram mine along with the GPU?

1 hour ago, SPOautos said:

You have any thoughts on how long a GPU 'might' last running at 100% 24/7?

This is almost a theological question 😂 there's probably a more definitive answer somewhere but my understanding is that it depends on everything from the silicon lottery to the environment it's used in. A lot of miners will mine with them for a year or two and on-sell them when they're no longer profitable for mining to gamers who then use them the way they're meant to. Unless you're letting your card get to extreme temperatures you're probably more likely to have problems with the fans (being mechanical) than the actual GPU, and that's a replaceable (and reasonably cheap) part.

Do you ever shut it down to give them a break?

Never, might not be valid but I see it like cars that are shared between Taxi drivers and basically run for 24h a day and rack up 500,000+ KM on the Odometer and never have an issue vs. people who drive their cars to and from work/the supermarket that are forever having to replace the battery. For cars it's the start / stopping that causes a lot of problems, for GPUs, I think it'd be large temperature fluctuations that'd do more harm than good.

I wonder how much a entire computer can mine as opposed to just a GPU.  Does anyone setup to have the processor and ram mine along with the GPU?

You can't mine with RAM, but you do need some RAM for CPU mining.

It's probably profitable for you to mine Monero with your CPU, I containerised xmrig before I did PhoenixMiner but my Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black couldn't cope with the heat. If you think you can handle the heat, let me know and I can put a container on CA.

PhoenixStats should be working now by the way, you just need to Check for Updates > Update Now. Just don't port forward it to the internet because I have to work out what's wrong in the .htaccess file.

Edited by lnxd
1 hour ago, lnxd said:

This is almost a theological question 😂 there's probably a more definitive answer somewhere but my understanding is that it depends on everything from the silicon lottery to the environment it's used in. A lot of miners will mine with them for a year or two and on-sell them when they're no longer profitable for mining to gamers who then use them the way they're meant to. Unless you're letting your card get to extreme temperatures you're probably more likely to have problems with the fans (being mechanical) than the actual GPU, and that's a replaceable (and reasonably cheap) part.

Never, might not be valid but I see it like cars that are shared between Taxi drivers and basically run for 24h a day and rack up 500,000+ KM on the Odometer and never have an issue vs. people who drive their cars to and from work/the supermarket that are forever having to replace the battery. For cars it's the start / stopping that causes a lot of problems, for GPUs, I think it'd be large temperature fluctuations that'd do more harm than good.

You can't mine with RAM, but you do need some RAM for CPU mining.

It's probably profitable for you to mine Monero with your CPU, I containerised xmrig before I did PhoenixMiner but my Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black couldn't cope with the heat. If you think you can handle the heat, let me know and I can put a container on CA.

PhoenixStats should be working now by the way, you just need to Check for Updates > Update Now. Just don't port forward it to the internet because I have to work out what's wrong in the .htaccess file.

I have that same Noctua CPU fan you do so I'd imagine it would run too hot if it was working a heavy load 24/7.  I suppose I could move the server to a closet or something where I didnt care if all the fans were running 100%, panels off, fan blowing on it.  BUT I really dont want to compromise my server with so much heat. Might be a good idea for a dedicated box!

Man, I turned off the container for like 5 minutes and my current hashrate fell from like 33MH/s down to 15.3MH/s. They really hit it hard when you stop for a few minutes!

Man, thanks for taking the time to put this together, it's pretty cool....I always like finding more ways for my server to be useful for more than movies lol.  It's a great use of the wasted video card and doesnt put any strain on any other parts of the server. Awesome job man!

If you decide to mess with other stuff a real good wallet stored on Unraid would be cool. One that also has mobile access. Coinomi has a Linux version....I suppose that could be made into a Unraid container. But I'd imagine theres better ones than Coinomi but its rated high and not really any fees except direct miner fees. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, lnxd said:

Oh yeah, meant to say I updated the Stats app and it's awesome now. It looks great...I was just happy to have the data, even in text....but to have it look nice is just icing on the cake!  Looks great!

• Thanks 1

Man, thanks for taking the time to put this together, it's pretty cool....I always like finding more ways for my server to be useful for more than movies lol.  It's a great use of the wasted video card and doesnt put any strain on any other parts of the server. Awesome job man!

58 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

Oh yeah, meant to say I updated the Stats app and it's awesome now. It looks great...I was just happy to have the data, even in text....but to have it look nice is just icing on the cake!  Looks great!

Thanks man, I'm glad you like it all. Hopefully people get some use out of it and make some money.

If you decide to mess with other stuff a real good wallet stored on Unraid would be cool. One that also has mobile access. Coinomi has a Linux version....I suppose that could be made into a Unraid container. But I'd imagine theres better ones than Coinomi but its rated high and not really any fees except direct miner fees. 

I'll play with the idea and see if I can come up with anything. I think you found a good option there.

I have that same Noctua CPU fan you do so I'd imagine it would run too hot if it was working a heavy load 24/7.  I suppose I could move the server to a closet or something where I didnt care if all the fans were running 100%, panels off, fan blowing on it.  BUT I really dont want to compromise my server with so much heat. Might be a good idea for a dedicated box!

I'm sure there's an effective way to do it, yeah. I tinkered with it on my M1 MacBook Pro. When I plugged it in for the night it'd automatically mine, so I'd just leave it leaning on the glass window so it could maintain its temperature. They can make around $3AUD a month after electricity, so after 110 years of mining while I sleep (at current difficulty and XMR price) it could pay itself off 😂

This is xmrig mining with 6 threads from a container on my server just now with the side off. Could be worse temp wise but it's less profitable than my MacBook Pro:

Spoiler

1740624127_ScreenShot2021-03-26at4_53_57pm.thumb.png.e6f957934397ed09becfbc848633ea54.png

649966775_ScreenShot2021-03-26at4_56_03pm.thumb.png.ae3e314a94c56857fe6b50f3f8ca3f3a.png

1276070584_ScreenShot2021-03-26at4_56_40pm.png.93bdcb8e7e8f64c4e385faf257dcb7f3.png

Edited by lnxd

Dear LNXD,

I like to ask if the AMD R9 270X  is supported?

My Graphics Card is the following:

IOMMU group 19:[1002:6810] 02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Curacao XT / Trinidad XT [Radeon R7 370 / R9 270X/370X]

[1002:aab0] 02:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Oland/Hainan/Cape Verde/Pitcairn HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 7000 Series]

I get the following Error:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Project: PhoenixMiner 5.5c
Author: lnxd
Base: Ubuntu 20.04
Target: Unraid 6.9.0 - 6.9.1

Wallet: 3K4kD8QijmqAJHEqijhWe5Nnbu4CvdURJB
Pool: asia1.ethermine.org:4444

Starting PhoenixMiner 5.5c with the following arguments:
-pool asia1.ethermine.org:4444 -wal 3K4kD8QijmqAJHEqijhWe5Nnbu4CvdURJB.x -tt 75 -tstop 85 -tstart 80 -cdm 1 -cdmport 5450 -amd
Phoenix Miner 5.5c Linux/gcc - Release build
--------------------------------------------

[0mOpenCL driver version: 20.20-1089974-ubuntu-20.04
[91mNo avaiable GPUs for mining. Please check your drivers and/or hardware.
[0m

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a way to get my 270X recognized by the docker anyways?

I would love it to give my old Card a reason to consume power in my Unraid server :)

Edited by Lobsi
15 minutes ago, Lobsi said:

Dear LNXD,

I like to ask if the AMD R9 270X  is supported?

Is there a way to get my 270X recognized by the docker anyways?

I would love it to give my old Card a reason to consume power in my Unraid server :)

Hi @Lobsi, it was going to happen! 

17 hours ago, lnxd said:

No need to enable the radeon module, that is for older cards. I’m pretty sure none of the cards that are supported by that will be worth it to mine with these days

Someone found one that's still worthwhile to mine with 😅

Let me do some research and see if I can get this working for you somehow. It's not supported in this container as it stands currently, you'll need a specific build that includes different drivers and you'll probably need to unblacklist radeon. But I'm sure it's possible.

EDIT: @Lobsi In your signature, it says your "AMD Radeon R9 270X" is in Server 1 which is running "unRaid 6.2 RC2"! That's not going to work. Are you on a more up to date version now? 

Edited by lnxd
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, lnxd said:

EDIT: @Lobsi In your signature, it says your "AMD Radeon R9 270X" is in Server 1 which is running "unRaid 6.2 RC2"! That's not going to work. Are you on a more up to date version now? 

Hi LNXD,
Currently i am using Version 6.9.0-rc2, the current next branch.

Here are more (lspci -v) details:

02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Curacao XT / Trinidad XT [Radeon R7 370 / R9 270X/370X] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
        Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Curacao XT / Trinidad XT [Radeon R7 370 / R9 270X/370X]
        Flags: fast devsel, IRQ 10, IOMMU group 19
        Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [disabled] [size=256M]
        Memory at f7a00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=256K]
        I/O ports at d000 [disabled] [size=256]
        Expansion ROM at f7a40000 [disabled] [size=128K]
        Capabilities: [48] Vendor Specific Information: Len=08 <?>
        Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 3
        Capabilities: [58] Express Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [a0] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
        Capabilities: [100] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0001 Rev=1 Len=010 <?>
        Capabilities: [150] Advanced Error Reporting
        Capabilities: [270] Secondary PCI Express
        Capabilities: [2b0] Address Translation Service (ATS)
        Capabilities: [2c0] Page Request Interface (PRI)
        Capabilities: [2d0] Process Address Space ID (PASID)
        Kernel modules: radeon, amdgpu

02:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Oland/Hainan/Cape Verde/Pitcairn HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 7000 Series]
        Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Cape Verde/Pitcairn HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 7700/7800 Series]
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 5, IOMMU group 19
        Memory at f7a60000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: [48] Vendor Specific Information: Len=08 <?>
        Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 3
        Capabilities: [58] Express Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
        Capabilities: [a0] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
        Capabilities: [100] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0001 Rev=1 Len=010 <?>
        Capabilities: [150] Advanced Error Reporting

Thanks @Lobsi, can I please get you to make sure you've completed steps 1 - 7 in OP (except 3 because Radeon TOP won't work for your card).

Once you've done that jump into an Unraid WebUI terminal or SSH into your server and run:

modprobe radeon && sleep 1 && chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

Then edit the PhoenixMiner-AMD docker, and change Repository from lnxd/phoenixminer to lnxd/phoenixminer:radeon

Then try running the container again and tell me if you get the same error. There's a real chance you will because this is just a preliminary test, but here's hoping I haven't missed anything 😅

1 hour ago, lnxd said:

Thanks @Lobsi, can I please get you to make sure you've completed steps 1 - 7 in OP (except 3 because Radeon TOP won't work for your card).

Once you've done that jump into an Unraid WebUI terminal or SSH into your server and run:

modprobe radeon && sleep 1 && chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

Then edit the PhoenixMiner-AMD docker, and change Repository from lnxd/phoenixminer to lnxd/phoenixminer:radeon

Then try running the container again and tell me if you get the same error. There's a real chance you will because this is just a preliminary test, but here's hoping I haven't missed anything 😅

Hi LNXD,

I can confirm i completed steps 1-7 (except putting in the correct pool adress, i haven`t registered to any pool until the card is running).

But this should be no reason to not do a test first...

I also put my Card asleep like you mentioned, and updated the repository / docker.

Unfortunately i get the same error, the card does`nt get recognized.

-pool asia1.ethermine.org:4444 -wal 3K4kD8QijmqAJHEqijhWe5Nnbu4CvdURJB.x -tt 75 -tstop 85 -tstart 80 -cdm 1 -cdmport 5450 -amd

[0mNo OpenCL platforms found
[0m

Do you have any other idea?

Thanks for trying for me. 

1 minute ago, Lobsi said:

Do you have any other idea?

Well, the default container in theory could support your card via the mesa open source drivers if we were using a different host. What I just got you to test was something that forced an update to the newer open source drivers from a different PPA. 

The most recent version of the official radeon drivers for your GPU I could find (Crimson Edition 15.12) were made for Ubuntu 14.04, so I used that as a base, installed the drivers and then of course I ran into a compatibility issue with PhoenixMiner. It depends on libraries that just weren't available back then, and haven't been backported. 

As one final shot, I'm gonna see if I can get PhoenixMiner running on another base, probably something that is compatible with either Crimson Edition 15.12. 

1 minute ago, lnxd said:

The most recent version of the official radeon drivers for your GPU I could find (Crimson Edition 15.12) were made for Ubuntu 14.04...

Hi LNXD,

Thank you for your engagement, i much appreciate that!

When i check the logs, ill get the following:

As i understand, the container is not taking 1404 as base then?

There must be something wrong with it.

Maybe this helps to resolve what is going on?

18 minutes ago, Lobsi said:

Thank you for your engagement, i much appreciate that!

No problem at all! 

18 minutes ago, Lobsi said:

When i check the logs, ill get the following:

As i understand, the container is not taking 1404 as base then?

Spot on mate, that build I got you to try was still using 20.04. My development process lets me iron out any of the bugs until it all looks fine. The thing I can't try is seeing whether it can see the card, so that's when I pinged you last time. Sadly the 14.04 version didn't get that far 😂

We're just at that point again now too, if you could please force the container to update and try running it again with the same lnxd/phoenixminer:radeon tag, the logs should show Debian Bullseye as the base if you're successful. Please let me know if this build can see your card 🙃

Edited by lnxd

Ah, i see i have misunderstood, no Problem...

I "modprobed" my GPU and then i were force-updateing the container, it seems the Version is as you mentioned Debian Bullseye.

Here is the output from the log:

Base: Debian Bullseye

[0m

The issue persists, the container is not finding any OpenCL Platform nor an available GPU

Is there anything i could help you to better understanding the issue? Do you need further logs or anything?

Edited by Lobsi
3 hours ago, Lobsi said:

The issue persists, the container is not finding any OpenCL Platform nor an available GPU

Is there anything i could help you to better understanding the issue? Do you need further logs or anything?

Thanks for trying that build for me mate. 5 hours into development I'm a bit of a zombie, but I got a build working in an Ubuntu 14.04 container with the correct drivers. If this one doesn't work I'm completely stumped.

I'm just going to clean up my code and get a build on DockerHub, should be about another 20 mins, I'll tag you in a post.

EDIT: @Lobsi all ready. Same process as usual, should just take an update, and then confirm it shows Ubuntu 14.04.02 in the logs. It's wayyy too many layers but that's why it took me more than 20 minutes, every time I started merging them I'd break something. Fingers crossed it sees your card!

@lnxd since you have the same rx580 card I'm curious to know if the GPU statistics shows your gpu memory usage at around 50%? My GPU has 8GB but while it's at 100% its showing 4350MB being used. You would think the mining software could utilize all of it.

Is that how yours is doing?

Yup, mine's sitting at 4318.41mb. It could be an error with my container but I'm getting the same hash rate as I was running it in a VM, I've never really noticed that it doesn't fill it up.

EDIT: Sorry I'm half asleep 😂 that's around the current DAG size, so it's a good thing our memory is only half utilised otherwise we wouldn't be able to mine Eth for much longer. 

Edited by lnxd
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, lnxd said:

EDIT: @Lobsi all ready. Same process as usual, should just take an update, and then confirm it shows Ubuntu 14.04.02 in the logs. It's wayyy too many layers but that's why it took me more than 20 minutes, every time I started merging them I'd break something. Fingers crossed it sees your card!

Hey LNXD,

I tried it already, unfortunately it did not run, i get the same error;

Base: Ubuntu 14.04.02

[0m

I could understand when you are a little exhausted, dealing some year old s**t is often complicated.
Thank you very much for your efforts, i hope you will find the igniting spark *fingerscrossing*

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Lobsi said:

I tried it already, unfortunately it did not run, i get the same error

Nooooooo. Oh well, I don't think we're going to get much further, because that was pushing the limits from a compatibility standpoint. I'm going to experiment over the next few weeks with TeamRedMiner, I'll let you know if that opens up new possibilities. 

The only thing that's left for you to try, and it's a long shot because modprobe radeon should have done enough, is similar to what I said in an earlier post.

Radeon Kernel Module Specific

Per the user guide, you can open up a terminal window via the Unraid WebUI and run this before restarting to unblacklist the host's radeon drivers:

touch /boot/config/modprobe.d/radeon.conf

And, sometime in the future, if you need to be able to use vfio passthrough with your GPU; you can run this before restarting to undo it: 

rm /boot/config/modprobe.d/radeon.conf

You could then try starting the container again once your server starts back up. Feel free to post your diagnostics zip and I'll take a look in the morning just in case as well. But as long as you didn't miss any steps, there's really nothing else I can think of to get older cards working with this container.

If you could also please show me the output you get when you press save after running the container, I'll check that as well. Eg. 

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='PhoenixMiner-AMD' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="Australia/Sydney" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'WALLET'='0xe037C6245910EbBbA720514835d31B385D76927f' -e 'POOL'='asia1.ethermine.org:4444' -e 'PASSWORD'='x' -e 'TT'='-75' -e 'TSTOP'='85' -e 'TSTART'='80' -e 'ADDITIONAL'='-amd -retrydelay 1 -gt 64,15 -ftime 55 -powlim 25 -clGreen 1 -mclock 1850,0' -p '5450:5450/tcp' --device='/dev/dri:/dev/dri' 'lnxd/phoenixminer' 
1f4152332f574ec26dbc339f21d6ef27215f414438e4ad4c8eb732a613b7142b

The command finished successfully!

Edited by lnxd

Having a few issues trying to get this to go.

Dell T420
AMD Firepro W5100

I'm trying to get this to work, I have followed the 1-7 steps.

The only output I'm getting is:

Wallet: 0x9498eb2019EBeD208977FE73d473810b36fE0641
Pool: us1.ethermine.org:4444

-pool us1.ethermine.org:4444 -wal 0x9498eb2019EBeD208977FE73d473810b36fE0641.x -tt 75 -tstop 85 -tstart 80 -cdm 1 -cdmport 5450 -amd

amdgpu_device_initialize: DRM version is 2.50.0 but this driver is only compatible with 3.x.x.

./mine.sh: line 15: 6 Segmentation fault ./PhoenixMiner -pool $POOL -wal $WALLET.$PASSWORD -tt $TT -tstop $TSTOP -tstart $TSTART -cdm 1 -cdmport 5450 $ADDITIONAL

I have radeontop installed and shows my stats, suggesting the GPU drivers are installed properly.
Attached is my diagnostics.zip

Any ideas what's going on? I'm not too savvy in this space, so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

EDIT: I may have just found it... using radeon drivers vice amdgpu, gonna try to blacklist and let you know what happens...

root@pronto-server:~# lspci -k | grep -EA3 'VGA|3D|Display'
06:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Matrox Electronics Systems Ltd. G200eR2
        DeviceName: Embedded Video                          
        Subsystem: Dell G200eR2
08:00.0 RAID bus controller: Broadcom / LSI MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon] (rev 03)
--
0a:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Bonaire [FirePro W5100]
        Subsystem: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] FirePro W4300
        Kernel driver in use: radeon
        Kernel modules: radeon, amdgpu

Thanks

pronto-server-diagnostics-20210327-1617.zip

Edited by pronto
  • lnxd changed the title to [Support] lnxd - PhoenixMiner