[Support] lnxd - PhoenixMiner

57 minutes ago, skinsvpn said:

lxnd, I am getting the following message in the logs:

amdgpu_device_initialize: DRM version is 2.50.0 but this driver is only compatible with 3.x.x.

Safe to take that message to mean my card in unsupported? (Radeon HD 7870)

Hey, sadly probably not supported. You can try the 18.20 drivers (check out OP), if it still doesn’t work you can try the latest-18.20 tag. If it doesn’t work on that we won’t be able to get it going via Docker, earlier driver versions don’t work with the PhoenixMiner binary.

8 hours ago, skinsvpn said:

You were correct, the docker image wouldn't start with the 18.20 drivers. Guess that card is older than I realized. Thanks for the response though!

😅 I think a lot of people have older hardware than they realise, but you can still possibly get an acceptable hash rate. The latest-18.20 tag could still work but looks like something has broken in the installation of the 18.20 drivers on latest (Ubuntu 20.04 base) since I went away, I'll take a look when I get a chance and patch it. 

Edited by lnxd
On 4/30/2021 at 3:36 AM, lnxd said:

@BioHazardous thanks for letting me know I was needed over here! And well done working out your first two issues. You're spot on with the SSL config, etc. Sorry I wasn't around to save you some time. 

Haha I was just writing to ask if you have the GPU statistics plugin installed before I re-read your post and realised you do. With AMD cards, that can conflict with PhoenixMiner being able to get the Fan Speed of whichever GPU it's set to. I don't think it should conflict with the temperature as well but it might with Nvidia hardware, I'm not certain.

If you have another GPU, can you please try temporarily setting the stats to a GPU that's not used by the container, or removing the plugin temporarily?

No worries!  I know this is 100% charity by you with helping out shmucks like me who don't know what they're doing :)

Hope you had a great holiday!

So I tried already with the GPU stats to have it pointed to my GTX 960 when I started up the PM docker, and it still didn't get any stats from the GPU. I did not try uninstalling the GPU stats plugin as I had made an assumption about it not interfering with docker's abilities to also read the same info. I could very well be incorrect with my assumption. I believe I was basing it on the fact that the Dyamix fan plug was recommended, and it also puts stats on the Dashboard. So if having stats on the dashboard breaks communication for docker's with key metrics for the health of the physical devices, then I think a lot of docker's that rely on the hardware would inherently be running into a lot of issues. 

I've since moved the GTX 1070 to a different desktop that runs 24/7 anyway, and it's running at about 26.3 MH/s at 73C. Which seems a lot safer than 79C at 24.x MH/s with no controls over anything. I'm hoping to get another card in the near future and revisit your docker though, and I'll let you know how things go if I get to test it out again. Yours was better than the other mining dockers available on unRAID that I tested. NsfminerOC worked well for controlling aspects of the graphics card, like the memory clock and the like, but for whatever reason, it was only doing like 20MH/s, and despite the correct settings to my pool, my pool never saw my rig after 3 hours of farming. 

At any rate, this has been a fun past few days playing around with mining. Can't believe I waited this long to tinker around with it. Thanks for all your hard work with this stuff!

Oh yeah, also on my list to figure out is CPU mining if I can find a crypto that my Coinbase wallet supports that these different pools support. 

Situation: i'm trying to run a RX 6800 in this container but i'm getting errors; post installation failed with some errors and wondering what I could change. 0 hashrate shown and some post installation errors, im wondering how I could resolve these.

Settings on unraid miner: 

- amd driver: 20.45

- added my wallet ,

- Rest of the settings are as downloaded, (tried diff drivers) it is not grabbing.

Versions:

- Unraid version: 6.9.2 
- Phoenix Miner 5.5c Linux/gcc

See screenshot or a log paste below, as a screenshots may expire.

https://pasteboard.co/K0jZCru.png

I am currently looking through solutions but not sure how to use it:

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/can-t-install-amdgpu-drivers-on-ubuntu-20-04-1-5-4-0-56-generic/m-p/427165#M134805

Running the post_install script:

depmod...

DKMS: install completed.
/var/lib/dpkg/info/amdgpu-dkms.postinst: line 33: update-initramfs: command not found
dpkg: error processing package amdgpu-dkms (--configure):

installed amdgpu-dkms package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 127

Setting up g++-9 (9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04) ...
Setting up g++ (4:9.3.0-1ubuntu2) ...
update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/g++ to provide /usr/bin/c++ (c++) in auto mode
update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/share/man/man1/c++.1.gz because associated file /usr/share/man/man1/g++.1.gz (of link group c++) doesn't exist

Setting up build-essential (12.8ubuntu1.1) ...
Setting up libalgorithm-diff-xs-perl (0.04-6) ...
Setting up libalgorithm-merge-perl (0.08-3) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of amdgpu-pro-rocr-opencl:
amdgpu-pro-rocr-opencl depends on amdgpu-dkms (= 1:5.6.20.906316-1188099); however:
Package amdgpu-dkms is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package amdgpu-pro-rocr-opencl (--configure):

dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.31-0ubuntu9.2) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
amdgpu-dkms
amdgpu-pro-rocr-opencl
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Driver installation finished.

Project: PhoenixMiner 5.5c
Author: lnxd
Base: Ubuntu 20.04
Driver: 20.45

Target: Unraid 6.9.0 - 6.9.2

Wallet: 0x62cF9C7C4ba57682F8c698d9680DfCf82DdcF94C
Pool: eu1.ethermine.org:4444

Starting PhoenixMiner 5.5c as uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root) with the following arguments:
-pool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -wal 0x62cF9C7C4ba57682F8c698d9680DfCf82DdcF94C.x -tt 75 -tstop 85 -tstart 80 -cdm 1 -cdmport 5450

Phoenix Miner 5.5c Linux/gcc - Release build
--------------------------------------------

[0mNo CUDA driver found

OpenCL driver version: 20.45-rocr

[97mAvailable GPUs for mining:
[92mGPU1: AMD Radeon RX 6800 (pcie 11), OpenCL 2.0, 16 GB VRAM, 30 CUs
[96mEth: the pool list contains 1 pool (1 from command-line)
Eth: primary pool: eu1.ethermine.org:4444
[0mStarting GPU mining
[95mGPU1: fan PWM control mode 1, min 0, max 255
GPU1: set auto fan: 75C target temp (min fan 0, max fan 100)
[96mEth: Connecting to ethash pool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 (proto: EthProxy)
[95mGPU1: 51C 0% 32W

Not sure if updating to miner version 5.6B , not yet for docker version also updating the kernel to 5.4.0-54 would work.

Edited by cablegunmaster

quick feedback:

i had problems to get this docker to run with my Radeon RX 570. I got the "no amd gpu found" error.

I also could not install "radeon top".

After hours of trying i found the problem. Long time ago i added "nomodeset" to my boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg

label Unraid OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append rcu_nocbs=0-15 initrd=/bzroot nomodeset

After deleting nomodeset i could install Radeon top and got PM running.

The difference between a VM and the docker is massive. On the VM i got only 6-9MH/s, now i have ~24MH/s.

Thankxs!

grafik.png.4f2bc4895d745ed40d63a575c2189b37.png

• Thanks 1

I'm struggling here a bit. I've managed to get it working and it works mostly fine, I'm just not able to get my card settings, voltage, to change. I think I have the command right.

Starting PhoenixMiner 5.6d as uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root) with the following arguments:
-pool ssl://us1.ethermine.org:5555 -wal mywallet.x -tt -100  -tstop 85 -tstart 80 -cdm 1 -cdmport 5450 -cvddc 965

I've got a Radeon VII and I was able to run it at pretty much stock everything while dropping the voltage and getting ~92mh/s on windows at ~200w. Now I'm getting ~77mh/s at ~240w. Obviously I can't just open the radeon control panel and see what my voltage actually is so I'm at a loss. The fan is definitely working as various negative numbers appropriately set the fan speed.

Edited by Pjstaab

Can someone help me with the setup here? I am trying to get my configuration figured out but i must be doing something wrong.

1. I setup the wallet with my nicehash wallet address

2. pool address: us2.ethermine.org:4444

3. Pool Pass: x

the rest of the options I left standard from the phoenix install in ich777 CA

I dont know if having it as host / bridge matters i am not very unraid savvy. 

What I noticed is that when I run the Phoenix miner app with the 4444 port it returns the error: pool login failed invalid user provided. the same happens on port 14444. if i change to 5555 it says connection closed by the pool. 

launching the phoenixstats webui give the error: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/index.php on line 113

I cant find an actual config file and I dont even know what I am putting in wrong to begin with. any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Kvo1087 said:

Can someone help me with the setup here? I am trying to get my configuration figured out but i must be doing something wrong.

1. I setup the wallet with my nicehash wallet address

2. pool address: us2.ethermine.org:4444

3. Pool Pass: x

the rest of the options I left standard from the phoenix install in ich777 CA

I dont know if having it as host / bridge matters i am not very unraid savvy. 

What I noticed is that when I run the Phoenix miner app with the 4444 port it returns the error: pool login failed invalid user provided. the same happens on port 14444. if i change to 5555 it says connection closed by the pool. 

launching the phoenixstats webui give the error: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/index.php on line 113

I cant find an actual config file and I dont even know what I am putting in wrong to begin with. any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I'm not an expert with nice has but does it support just straight eth mining? If you're just gonna mine eth it's probably worth using a different pool.

• Thanks 1

Ok i got the program to work. Now the issue i run into is that after about 2 minutes of running my logs say the GPU isnt responding and it stops mining. the gpu continues to run at 100% but the miner wont respond and the webUI wont open. I reinstalled radeon-top to see if it was a driver issue but the problem remains. Would this indicate a bad GPU or is there something else I am missing?

14 minutes ago, Kvo1087 said:

Ok i got the program to work. Now the issue i run into is that after about 2 minutes of running my logs say the GPU isnt responding and it stops mining. the gpu continues to run at 100% but the miner wont respond and the webUI wont open. I reinstalled radeon-top to see if it was a driver issue but the problem remains. Would this indicate a bad GPU or is there something else I am missing?

What do your temperatures look like? Could be overheating perhaps.

• Like 1
On 5/13/2021 at 2:34 AM, Pjstaab said:

I'm struggling here a bit. I've managed to get it working and it works mostly fine, I'm just not able to get my card settings, voltage, to change. I think I have the command right.

Starting PhoenixMiner 5.6d as uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root) with the following arguments:
-pool ssl://us1.ethermine.org:5555 -wal mywallet.x -tt -100  -tstop 85 -tstart 80 -cdm 1 -cdmport 5450 -cvddc 965

I've got a Radeon VII and I was able to run it at pretty much stock everything while dropping the voltage and getting ~92mh/s on windows at ~200w. Now I'm getting ~77mh/s at ~240w. Obviously I can't just open the radeon control panel and see what my voltage actually is so I'm at a loss. The fan is definitely working as various negative numbers appropriately set the fan speed.

I'm currently trying to isolate the cause of this issue. Looks like it might be something to do with the in-tree drivers that Unraid is actually using to talk to the card not supporting the features that the amdgpu-pro drivers in the container support. This means there's no errors, because as far as PhoenixMiner thinks it's controlling things just fine, but the host just can't seem to do it. There's a few workarounds I'm contemplating but it's a little messy. 

8 hours ago, Pjstaab said:

What do your temperatures look like? Could be overheating perhaps.

3 hours ago, Kvo1087 said:

The card is currently liquid cooled. max so far has been 45 C

This is exactly what I was thinking. @Kvo1087 if you could please share what GPU you have along with the vendor, your diagnostics and container config I can take a thorough look. Feel free to PM me the data too if you'd prefer :)

EDIT: In case someone else comes across this, looks like PhoenixMiner didn't like @Kvo1087's card, they're getting a hashrate with my testing version of lolMiner. I've been having some weird issues since PM's latest update too so fingers crossed it's just temporary.

Edited by lnxd
27 minutes ago, lnxd said:

I'm currently trying to isolate the cause of this issue. Looks like it might be something to do with the in-tree drivers that Unraid is actually using to talk to the card not supporting the features that the amdgpu-pro drivers in the container support. This means there's no errors, because as far as PhoenixMiner thinks it's controlling things just fine, but the host just can't seem to do it. There's a few workarounds I'm contemplating but it's a little messy. 

Awesome, well, at least good to know it's not be being dumb. I was poking around your github and noticed that you have a lolminer image too. Any chance of giving that the royal treatment? I get like an megahash better with that compared to phoenix. If not, I might have to take a crack at it when I'm bored.

41 minutes ago, Pjstaab said:

Awesome, well, at least good to know it's not be being dumb. I was poking around your github and noticed that you have a lolminer image too. Any chance of giving that the royal treatment? I get like an megahash better with that compared to phoenix. If not, I might have to take a crack at it when I'm bored.

That image works yeah, and I am thinking of pulling the updates I've made to PhoenixMiner into the lolminer repo and releasing it too with autobuild for updates. When I first started working on this container, the PM binary was on mega.nz, then it moved to GitHub, and now it's on a private server hosted by the devs, it's turning into a bit of a nightmare following them around and doing updates manually. There's also phoenixminer.org but strangely it seems like it's not run by the original developers so I can't trust the Binaries from there even though the checksums usually match. The only thing for me is, without OC, PM gets marginally higher hash rate. So yup it's definitely part of the game plan. As soon as work calms down a bit I'll be releasing it. 

I tried to search this throught the topic so sorry if I'm asking for something resolved.

It's there any way use PhoenixStats with two different or more miners? On the original project this is configured with the conf.php file, but on this docker I tried to add to S_PORT variable, more ports with no luck. I tried to add "5450, 5451", "5450 5451", "5450; 5451" but no luck.

Also tried to install nano on the container and add the servers on the conf.php, but seems not to work also.

Thanks

Edited by guillelopez
On 4/30/2021 at 3:36 AM, lnxd said:

Hello @letrain, @lenny7474, @truthfulie, @captaincu, @joshallen2k, @ptrang, @Maldar, @braydination, @BioHazardous, @melbatoast_355

So I went on holiday expecting to have an internet connection, but I didn't. So I'm very sorry for the delay. Anyway, here goes with my answers to everyone's queries. Sorry if I missed some details there was a lot to read through :P

Looks like you've done the right thing. I get around 29.5 on my RX 580 8GB, can you please share the arguments you're trying to use it with?

EDIT: Also your issue possibly ties in with @truthfulie, @captaincu and @Maldar's. Please share your diagnostics.zip if you can.

---------------------------------------

Definitely the problem yup. Sadly I don't have an NVIDIA card to test (yet). What version of the Nvidia drivers are you using on your Unraid host? Looks like it's a problem with some of the newer driver versions.

Do you guys mind terribly sharing your diagnostics.zip? I'll need to get more info on this one to work out what's going on with specific configs.

Looks like PhoenixMiner can't work out what you want to mine, can you please share the start of the logs and also some screenshots of your config:

You mean a beta version like this one right? Sorry I have no idea, @ich777 is a genius with these things though. This thread is probably a good place to start. Looks like they're possibly supported out of the box with that plugin but I might be wrong. 

Yup the -powlim argument will do this:

-powlim <n> Set GPU power limit in % (from -75 to 75, 0 for default)

Can you please share some screenshots of your config and the advanced page?

@BioHazardous thanks for letting me know I was needed over here! And well done working out your first two issues. You're spot on with the SSL config, etc. Sorry I wasn't around to save you some time. 

Haha I was just writing to ask if you have the GPU statistics plugin installed before I re-read your post and realised you do. With AMD cards, that can conflict with PhoenixMiner being able to get the Fan Speed of whichever GPU it's set to. I don't think it should conflict with the temperature as well but it might with Nvidia hardware, I'm not certain.

If you have another GPU, can you please try temporarily setting the stats to a GPU that's not used by the container, or removing the plugin temporarily?

Hi @lnxd, I see that I have the same problem as @lenny7474 and @joshallen2k, I am sending you the screenshots you requested and the logs. so this problem can be fixed in this thread "Unable to load NVML".

image.thumb.png.df9a14d4b3a32eb3b088a21eea8bb914.png

image.thumb.png.b8e15d1d2c1f1019344001b2d52a017a.png

image.thumb.png.d78ebcf9526df9b765bf04f46a6dac5f.png

Regarding this screenshot, I have a quick question. To use my two graphics cards (GTX 1660s), do I have to have two phoenix containers or can I just copy my two GPU UUIDs? I appreciate if you can answer me an image where I can see an example.

image.png.912a064b5158a309d18661cefa92222f.png

image.thumb.png.1f7d5136c6e05038deef745a14a80bbb.png

Regarding screen outputs, I have this

image.png.c8954ee1f801d33ab2f2dfb13f8dea14.png

If I reload the page, it will continue to do the same

image.png.b875de27261886726c7982f8c21321b6.png

I take this opportunity to tell you that I don't know why it sometimes shows me that the two gpu's are available.

Project: PhoenixMiner 5.6d
Author: lnxd
Base: Ubuntu 20.04
Driver: 20.20

Target: Unraid 6.9.0 - 6.9.2

Wallet: 0x436ac5D704e99Cfa0Ee8048dD2FA4cD394dF6f76
Pool: us2.ethermine.org:4444

-pool us2.ethermine.org:4444 -wal 0x436ac5D704e99Cfa0Ee8048dD2FA4cD394dF6f76.x -tt 75 -tstop 85 -tstart 80 -cdm 1 -cdmport 5450

Phoenix Miner 5.6d Linux/gcc - Release build
--------------------------------------------

[0mCUDA version: 11.0, CUDA runtime: 8.0

OpenCL driver version: 20.20-1089974-ubuntu-20.04

[92mGPU1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER (pcie 83), CUDA cap. 7.5, 5.8 GB VRAM, 22 CUs
[93mUnable to load NVML
[96mEth: the pool list contains 1 pool (1 from command-line)
Eth: primary pool: us2.ethermine.org:4444
[0mStarting GPU mining
[96mEth: Connecting to ethash pool us2.ethermine.org:4444 (proto: EthProxy)
[97mListening for CDM remote manager at port 5450 in read-only mode
[96m
[97m*** 0:00 *** 5/18 19:24 **************************************
[96mEth: Mining ETH on >us2.ethermine.org:4444 for 0:00
[92mGPU1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER (pcie 83), CUDA cap. 7.5, 5.8 GB VRAM, 22 CUs
[0mCurrent -gt 15
Eth: Accepted shares 0 (0 stales), rejected shares 0 (0 stales)
Eth: Incorrect shares 0 (0.00%), est. stales percentage 0.00%
[96mEth: Average speed (5 min): 0.000 MH/s

[97m*** 0:00 *** 5/18 19:25 **************************************
[0mEth: Accepted shares 0 (0 stales), rejected shares 0 (0 stales)

[0mCurrent -gt 15

[0mCurrent -gt 15

[97m*** 0:01 *** 5/18 19:25 **************************************
[96mEth: Mining ETH on >us2.ethermine.org:4444 for 0:01
[0mCurrent -gt 15

[0mCurrent -gt 15
Eth: Effective speed: 0.00 MH/s; at pool: 0.00 MH/s

[0mCurrent -gt 15

[93mEth: Failed to establish connection - timeout

[96mEth: Reconnecting in 5 seconds...
Eth: Connecting to ethash pool us2.ethermine.org:4444 (proto: EthProxy)

[97m*** 0:02 *** 5/18 19:26 **************************************

and finally the drivers

image.thumb.png.87159edae3fc5a006259b61375675986.png

image.png.4856441ef24be019d30c4ec2509b6188.png

image.png.8b3cec7b8dc9d4a02418994cc043752c.png

the post is very long but ... I have two GTX 1660s graphics cards and from August 2020 to 3 days ago I only used them for two virtual machines to be able to play games. therefore I have the following VM configuration. for what it's worth

image.png.422eff9549fe4d79fe06dc18d0e248ef.png

device information

image.thumb.png.1390c7cfb4f66a103689889cb14de40c.png

image.png.de51f14238f8bbd530c30ba1b5da4e9b.png

I mean 'downstream' but I already tried to remove it and it still doesn't work

I have fit-headless GS

Knowing what the driver is, I will test the available drivers from @ich777

3 hours ago, JhonScript said:

do I have to have two phoenix containers or can I just copy my two GPU UUIDs?

No, you should be able to do that by simply entering "0, 1" (without double quotes), these are your GPU IDs.

Regarding screen outputs, I have this

Is this from a VM?

and finally the drivers

What is the exact problem here? Sorry haven't got the time to read the whol thread... :/

Are you using the card also as  the Video output?

• Thanks 1
On 5/15/2021 at 7:07 AM, guillelopez said:

I tried to search this throught the topic so sorry if I'm asking for something resolved.

It's there any way use PhoenixStats with two different or more miners? On the original project this is configured with the conf.php file, but on this docker I tried to add to S_PORT variable, more ports with no luck. I tried to add "5450, 5451", "5450 5451", "5450; 5451" but no luck.

Also tried to install nano on the container and add the servers on the conf.php, but seems not to work also.

Thanks

@guillelopez

Sorry not yet! I plan to integrate it with the API for a couple of mining pools so that stats are all visible from one place. Being that it's a larger project I intend to make this possible at the same time. 

@JhonScript looks like @ich777 kindly gave the answers you were looking for 😅 he's also kindly supplied a fix for the error you described "Unable to load NVML", so that should be available for everyone soon.

The one thing to note in case anyone else arrives here with the same question, is that while you don't need to use two separate containers, if you want to get it working with separate containers with Nvidia cards you'll need to use both GPU UUIDs or card IDs as @ich777 mentioned above in each container + the -gpus argument in each container to allocate just the GPU you want to use. Otherwise you will likely run into issues where not all cards are visible every time the container is started, and if you start another one it might not have enough available memory. 

To rephrase in case this isn't clear, all PhoenixMiner containers need all GPU UUIDs of the cards you plan to use with any container, and to also be told which GPU to mine on using the -gpus argument. Maybe the upcoming NVML fix might stop this problem though. 

Edited by lnxd
  • Like 1

Hello, thank you very much for answering @ich777 @lnxd, sorry if I was not clear in what I wrote previously.

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

No, you should be able to do that by simply entering "0, 1" (without double quotes), these are your GPU IDs.

perfect in a couple of hours I get up to work and do the test of placing the two UUIDs separated by commas.

Is this from a VM?

no, that's directly from the container, when I click on the Docker "Minner 1" and click on the WebUI.  that what appears, literally starts but does not mine any ETH

What is the exact problem here? Sorry haven't got the time to read the whol thread..

the real problem is that it doesn't mine any ETH when I open the docker, but ... I think it's due to the "Unable to load NVML" warning

Are you using the card also as  the Video output?

I literally have no screen connected to the unraid I use an "fit-headless GS" on each graphics card, but the first graphics card is configured as a video output card in the BIOS, since I don't have an APU.  additionally I have configured the video cards each one in a VM.  However something time to start the Docker, the virtual machines are stopped

Edited by JhonScript
3 hours ago, lnxd said:

@JhonScript looks like @ich777 kindly gave the answers you were looking for 😅 he's also kindly supplied a fix for the error you described "Unable to load NVML", so that should be available for everyone soon.

perfect, then I understood that we only have to wait to have the solution to the warning "Unable to load NVML"

3 hours ago, lnxd said:

To rephrase in case this isn't clear, all PhoenixMiner containers need all GPU UUIDs of the cards you plan to use with any container, and to also be told which GPU to mine on using the -gpus argument. Maybe the upcoming NVML fix might stop this problem though. 

sorry for being so insistent, but in a while I'll do what I understood and send a screenshot.  I appreciate if you can tell me if it's okay or not