[Solved] After upgrading to v6.9.1, Unraid server does not shutdown (using Sleep Settings)

Hi All,

Before upgrade, my server was able to follow the configuration settings in Sleep

and went to shutdown mode when it sensed my PC's IP = 192.168.1.247 has shutdown.

That is under,  "Wait for user login inactivity (IP address)"  see the picture below.

However after the upgrade, server seems to ignore this setting.

Can someone able to help me out?

I have attached my diagnostic file below.

Thank you.

Edit: There is another problem I am facing with my Unraid Server, after the upgrade,

I could not get server turn on using Wake ON Lan method.

In order to turn it on, I need to run upstairs and manually press the ON/OFF

button.

2021-03-24_6-38-38.thumb.jpg.0382b278c42660067494825d00f4392b.jpg

biostarunraid-diagnostics-20210324-0650.zip

Edited by wepee
On 3/24/2021 at 3:57 PM, JorgeB said:

This should be posted in the existing plugin support thread, but you'll need to have some patience as bonienl was away for some months and is still catching up with the forums.

Oops, how can I move this topic to the plugin support?

Oh well, I just need to wait. Sigh.....need to be patient. Just let bonienl do the catch work first.

I just noticed someone else is having the same problem as I am:

Edited by wepee
  • 3 months later...

Due to Covid lockdown, I took some time to troubleshoot my problem.

I migrated my unraid to another motherboard, then I reinstalled Dynamix S3 sleep after I removed it first.

After that, include the command: "ethtool -s eth0 wol g" - into Custom commands before sleep.

Applied the settings. 

Next thing I know was, all my samba share was lost - which is expected to happen (because my Dynamix S3 sleep)

but it was a surprise to me, I didn't know by reinstalling the plugin would solve my problem.

Hooray!!!!.......S3 sleep is now working. I can now send WOL packets to the network card's MAC address to wake up unraid. 😀

Edited by wepee
  • wepee changed the title to [Solved] After upgrading to v6.9.1, Unraid server does not shutdown (using Sleep Settings)