BTRFS cache drive corruption

Recommended Posts

~10 days after I had the previous BTRFS cache drive corruption I just ran into the same thing.


Beyond me trying to replace the NVME drive, any other suggestions? It seems like the issue starts after heavy NVME loads.... ie. I copied ~700gigs worth of file to NVME then deleted then shortly a few hours later....
Copying was done around 15:30 (see log)

tower disconnected from "PC-LAN" (9d 4h 48m connected, 31.3 GB)11:09 pm 03/23/2021 (from Uqibiti log)


Diagnostics are from 14th after I reformatted cache drive last time. I can power cycle, as right now the server is on the screen as in the picture.


Last time I ran full hardware diagnostics to include memtest86. Found no issues.


Advice, suggestions.. anything at this point as it is driving me crazy, lol.



2021-03-24 21.30.47.jpg


Link to comment
2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Reoccurring filesystem corruption without an apparent reason suggests an underlying hardware issue, start by running memtest.

I think the 1st time (2 weeks ago) I ran the memory testing from the unraid flash drive boot.
Just created a fresh Memtest86 USB and running a new test now.


Also, this issue occurred when I was watching something on Plex with my phone. I had it set to play Original quality so no transcoding.
Only changes I did this year were adding PiHole docker sometime in February. (Plex, SABnbzd, Sonarr only other dockers)


Since last cache drive format I did the following:


mount -o remount,size=20G /dev/shm


Beyond that server is mainly for storage. Never more than 2 streams and that's very rare. All activity is local.

Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just an update on this issue.


Took a lot of testing..... didn't help that my son yanked the power cord out so I had to run stability check again.

Either way I was over 30 days with no any kind of BTRFS corruption or other issues.... (well, besides the version not available for dockers...)

The only thing I shut off is the pihole template docker that was residing on my appdata folder on my NVME.


I haven't brought it up there since I don't really need it and was only testing.

So.., leaving this here just in case somebody runs into this weird issue.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.