VM crashing Unraid-server how to disable VM from autostarting?

I removed one of my gpus in my nuraid server and after that my windows 10 vm refused to start. I tried to fix the issue by editing the xml but managed to make the vm and the entire unraid server to crasch. The I forgot to disable the vm autostart so now it starts up again efter every reboot and crasches the server again before I have time to alter any settings.

How do I stop the VM from autostarting ?

Edit: I tried changing "startArray" to no and was able to start the server and disabled the vm-engine before starting the array and now the server does not crach. But if I enabe VM-engine it craches again. 

Edited by Cliff

I googled my problem and found a post where the creator had a similar problem and it was the usb that was broken/corrupt. I have now replaced the usb with a backup and unraid boots again and I have access to the webui. But how do I solve my problem ? I can start the array again if I disable VM in the setting. But how do I alter the Windows10 vm that is causing all the problems when VM is disabled ? 

• 1 year later...
On 3/25/2021 at 2:08 PM, Cliff said:

I googled my problem and found a post where the creator had a similar problem and it was the usb that was broken/corrupt. I have now replaced the usb with a backup and unraid boots again and I have access to the webui. But how do I solve my problem ? I can start the array again if I disable VM in the setting. But how do I alter the Windows10 vm that is causing all the problems when VM is disabled ? 

I have this issue right now. What did you do to fix it?

I found a work around.

So what I did was

1. I booted in safe mode so that the array does not auto start

2. Go to settings and disable the VM manager

3. start the array (to get access to shares)

4. Go to shares > domains (or where ever your problem VM is)

5. Rename the folder that the vdisk for your problematic vm is (the vm will no longer start on boot)

6. Re-enable VM manager restart to normal mode and disable auto start for the vm and change the name back to what it was before.

Please note you might need the Dynamix File Manager plugin in order to rename the folder that houses the vdisk

(the plugin can be installed by being in a state where VM manager is disable and the array is running)

• Like 1