Disk spinning up: FILE ACTIVITY shows a file being opened, but OPEN FILEs doesn't show the named file being opened

Ok, I'm on the latest Unraid version 6.9.1, and I keep seeing Disk 1 get spun up.  When I go into File Activity, it was consistently scanning a specific TV show from one folder.  I tried shutting everything down to see what was scanning, and it kept popping up.  I then went into Open Files immediate after I refresh File Activity to find the "opened" file, and it never shows in File Activity.  The parent folder may show up as SMBD, but that shouldn't cause the disk to keep spinning up and opening a TV Show, which then spins up Disk1.

Thinking there was an issue, I deleted the entire series of that TV Show, but now today, it is doing the same thing with a new TV Show.  Every few minutes, it will open up a specific episode, and never close it and therefore Disk 1 keeps staying spun up.

Can't seem to find what is causing this constant opening of files.  Here is a screen shot showing opening:

image.png.9f00b1460b5dabab5d70f230b832aa84.png

I've attached the diagnostics, and hopefully someone can tell me.  The Disks would keep staying spun up on the previous version of Unraid, and I thought the new one fixed this issue, which I think it did.  This seems like a new issue as it is only on Disk 1 that this seems to be happening.  I have Plex set to scan daily, but this thing seems to just randomly open episodes of a few different TV shows sitting on Disk 1 after Plex does it's daily scans.

Any help would be appreciated.

tower-diagnostics-20210325-1716.zip

Edited by jljude
  • jljude changed the title to Disk spinning up: FILE ACTIVITY shows a file being opened, but OPEN FILEs doesn't show the named file being opened

Any help here would be appreciated.

Once again, when DISK1 is spun up, I can see what file got opened, but when I got to OPEN FILES to see what program opened that TV show, it isn't there.  The folder may be there, but it is showing under SMBD, so I can't find out what program is causing that file to be opened and therefore what causes the disk to spin up.