Linking and hiding dependent Docker containers

I have a few docker containers that are dependent on others to run. Some need mongodb, swag, or elasticsearch. The only reason I have those containers is because other containers require them. Sometimes one of those is turned off for whatever reason and my app doesn't work and I have to start the dependent container. It would be convenient if I could link the containers and hide the dependent container from the normal view. That way, when I start and stop the main container, it will automatically start and stop the dependent container. I'd also like to hide the dependent container from the normal list, as I don't actively use it for anything and it's really just clutter.

Edited by bobbintb
  • bobbintb changed the title to Linking and hiding dependent Docker containers
3 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

The docker folder plugin would be a good place to look.

This is why I love UnRAID and its community. THANKS! I wasn't aware of such a plugin. That solves the grouping issue but I don't see a way to start/stop them automatically. Admittedly, it's probably not as needed now since the way they are grouped makes it easier.

52 minutes ago, bobbintb said:

This is why I love UnRAID and its community. THANKS! I wasn't aware of such a plugin. That solves the grouping issue but I don't see a way to start/stop them automatically. Admittedly, it's probably not as needed now since the way they are grouped makes it easier.

Add the following extra parameter in order to have your docker autostart at reboot.

--restart=always

image.thumb.png.efef46da3081b29ac94cb32e07347e68.png