SLNetworks - Docker Not Starting

Why have you allocated 40G to docker.img? Have you had problems filling it? 20G is usually more than enough. I am using on 50% of 20G while running 17 containers, but I see you are already using 18G of your docker.img

The usual cause of filling docker.img is an application writing to a path that isn't mapped. Note that Linux is case-sensitive.

Also, your appdata and system shares have files on the array instead of all on cache. These shares always have files open so your disks will stay spunup, and your docker/VM performance will be impacted by slower array. 

Same for your domains share. Do you have any VMs?

I'm not aware of what gets stored in there, so I casually made it 40GB. I plan on taking a peek inside.

I know that docker.img is solely placed on "disk2" for some unknown reason. I hope to move that, unless you suggest otherwise. I was having issues with my cache being used up too fast, so I had disabled it for some things.

Zero VMs.

10 minutes ago, SLNetworks said:

I'm not aware of what gets stored in there, so I casually made it 40GB. I plan on taking a peek inside.

docker.img just stores the executables for your dockers. That is why it is safe to delete and recreate, since these are easily redownloaded. Previous Apps feature on Apps page will reinstall your dockers exactly as they were using the templates saved on flash.

As for taking a peek, do you know where to look?

14 minutes ago, SLNetworks said:

I know that docker.img is solely placed on "disk2" for some unknown reason. I hope to move that, unless you suggest otherwise.

I suggest having appdata, domains, and system shares all on cache and set to stay on cache. These are normally configured that way by default but you changed that. It will take several steps to get them moved now because open files can't be moved, whether by mover or anything else.

14 minutes ago, SLNetworks said:

I was having issues with my cache being used up too fast, so I had disabled it for some things.

If you are filling cache you either need to reconsider how you are using cache or get a bigger cache.

13 minutes ago, SLNetworks said:

Zero VMs.

If you have no VMs I suggest disabling VM Manager and deleting libvirt.img.

1) OS X wouldn't mount the IMG. I would just look everywhere cause curious cat syndrome.

2) appdata, domains, system set for cache only now.

3) I tried using two 500GB drives, but it seems unRAID doesn't allow that. So I'm stuck with a 2x240 or 250 pair.

4) I would like to try 'em out, so I have it there.

16 minutes ago, SLNetworks said:

appdata, domains, system set for cache only now.

Mover ignores cache only and cache no shares. Cache Prefer moves from array to cache. 

But

40 minutes ago, trurl said:

open files can't be moved

Hence 

42 minutes ago, trurl said:

take several steps to get them moved now

Back after lunch 

18 minutes ago, SLNetworks said:

, I deleted the docker.img, and now my installed dockers are went and jumped off a cliff..

of course,  they have to be reinstalled. 

46 minutes ago, trurl said:

Previous Apps feature on Apps page will reinstall your dockers exactly as they were using the templates saved on flash.

20 minutes ago, SLNetworks said:

deleted the docker.img

Post new Diagnostics