Update checker failing for GHCR

Some time during the 25th the Docker update check function stopped working for images hosted on GHCR, other repositories like Gitlab seems to work fine. 
I'm inclined to think that this is due to some change done by GitHub, but automations using the same method to authenticate seems to still work, which brings my suspicion back to Unraid.

6 minutes ago, Squid said:

I did open up a issue a couple of days ago on an internal bug tracker

Thanks for the quick response.

I guess I'm used to companies that charge money (and even ones that don't) for their products, would have at least given an acknowledgment after several days. Let's see when a response and a fix is published.

1 hour ago, ljm42 said:

Can anyone help me reproduce the problem? This is what I've done so far in Unraid 6.9.1:

• go to CA, search for "jellyfin hotio"
  • click to install, choose "release-ghcr"
  • install
  • go to the docker tab, it shows "up-to-date"
  • click "check for updates", it shows "up-to-date"

At the time of the original posting, it was saying "Not Available", and tracing out the dockerMan code revealed Token errors.  As of today, it is returning "Up To Date", so I think the problem is fixed (by docker / gitHub themselves), but no one posted in response to my implied question which was the same as yours.

• Like 1

I did see it behave like it should a few minutes after Squid replied with his success, I just wanted to wait a few hours to confirm. It does look solved, I would say. 

As for the cause, all the token stuff worked everywhere else I use them, so its a mystery to me. 

• Like 1