[solved]I cannot mount ZFS-menber disks

fxhe

8 hours ago, WizADSL said:

If TRUENAS is running as a VM in UNRAID wouldn't you just want to pass the USB devices through to the VM in the VM configuration?  I don't see why you would need ZFS support in the host kernel.

I run a truenas which file system is ZFS and now I want transfer the nas into a VM in UNRAID with the original disks so I need ZFS support in the host kernel. If do so, I can use the computer do more things than truenas and not need to transform the ZFS system to others. Also I can use the previos ZFS USB drive as the boot device of the VM but a virtural disk. 

Edited by fxhe

Maybe we're saying saying different things?  If you are running a VM in unraid which is completely separate and isolated from the unraid host then it is the VM's kernel that needs ZFS support.  What you are saying would be the as if I said I was going to run a Windows Server 2019 VM in unraid and I wanted to use the ReFS filesystem in that VM then the unraid kernel would need to support it which is unnecessary.

8 hours ago, WizADSL said:

Maybe we're saying saying different things?  If you are running a VM in unraid which is completely separate and isolated from the unraid host then it is the VM's kernel that needs ZFS support.  What you are saying would be the as if I said I was going to run a Windows Server 2019 VM in unraid and I wanted to use the ReFS filesystem in that VM then the unraid kernel would need to support it which is unnecessary.

Just see downstairs.

8 hours ago, Vr2Io said:

That's true if put TRUENAS in VM then straightforward way was passthrough all relate device to it's VM. 

YES

Edited by fxhe
On 3/28/2021 at 1:35 PM, WizADSL said:

In fact, you are right if use the virtual disks in VM. But I want use physical disks including the USB boot drive in my VM of truenas that can educe the consumption of host resources. So the physical disks in ZFS must be un-arraied and sent to the VM of truenas by straightforward way.  Maybe the unraid kernel would not need to support the ZFS but the disk sysytem must support it.

• fxhe changed the title to [solved]I cannot mount ZFS-menber disks