Network/IP Setup - Officially Confused

Thanks in advance for the assistance. I am completely confused now on my setup.

I am attempting to use SWAG to reverse proxy anything I want, and I had it set up great, but with my latest setup I've put myself into the pit of misery. Here is a general layout of my network for associated devices:

Google Fiber ISP (External IP) --> Google Fiber Router/DHCP (192.168.86.0/24) --> 16 port switch (unmanaged) --> UNRAID 192.168.86.6

UNRAID has DNS set to PiHole, which is set up in docker and uses br0 connection, assigned IP is 192.168.86.3. Works great for traffic in/out of house as Google Fiber Router is set to that DNS.

Also on Unraid is docker with all of my apps (Sonarr/Radarr/Jackett, etc.) on the Host network (.86.6:####) which each have settings to proxy THROUGH delugeVPN port (which also has the proxynet network set up, but I just use the proxy port and it works great). All apps are connected through VPN outbound as far as I can tell. Everything works as intended/great, and each app can see each other (Sonarr to deluge and back to Sonarr, to Plex, etc.)

Now comes the problem, I used to have a working SWAG setup via duckdns, and for the LIFE of me I can't get it working again to access all of my apps from outside of my network. I have tried multiple different networks (br0, Host, proxynet) all of which either fail or give me the error that port 80 and 443 can't be mapped because they are already in use (not home otherwise would post exact phrasing).

So how does SWAG play into this equation. I am port forwarding port 80 and 443 to 180 and 1443 on my .86.6 (UNRAID Host) and tried Host, but I think SWAG is still trying to grab 80 and 443 despite me setting http: as 180 and https: as 1443 in the docker app settings. Perhaps there is an advanced setting I am missing? It seems like the Unraid UI and SWAG are both trying to grab .86.6:80 and 443.

EDIT: Adding that duckdns docker app is working flawlessly to update public IP and SWAG was properly set up to use those credentials to work, so I see no issues/log reports related to duckdns aspect of SWAG.

Please help with a few things:

1) What is SWAG supposed to be set as, should I be using a dedicated IP (br0) for it and mapping external 80 and 443 to that, or is my current setup with Host network and mapping 180 and 1443 better?

2) Why would SWAG not be able to grab 80 and 443? Is Unraid UI already using that (I assume yes, just want to confirm).

3) Does the proxynet that delugeVPN sets up come into play here? Am I actually exposed when I don't want to be?

Also, what the heck is Bridge mode and when would I use it? I'm trying to understand, read the documentation, but am not sure when I should use that network type.

Thanks,

Kevin

2021-03-29_14-14-48.jpg

Edited by kreene1987
On 3/29/2021 at 12:46 PM, kreene1987 said:

1) What is SWAG supposed to be set as, should I be using a dedicated IP (br0) for it and mapping external 80 and 443 to that, or is my current setup with Host network and mapping 180 and 1443 better?

In host most the container accesses the host's network directly and the port mappings have no effect. Bridge mode gives more flexibility and lets you use port mappings. Switch to bridge mode so you can change the ports that SWAG uses.

On 3/29/2021 at 12:46 PM, kreene1987 said:

2) Why would SWAG not be able to grab 80 and 443? Is Unraid UI already using that (I assume yes, just want to confirm).

Unraid uses 80 and 443 by default. See Settings -> Management Access -> HTTP port and HTTPS port

• Thanks 1