6.8.3 > 6.9.1 Dual Cache Pool: Unmountable: No pool uuid

Hello,

I recently upgraded to 6.9.1 from 6.8.3 and had a dual cache drive pool setup. These were just two 120GB SSD's that were in a pool. Now when I try mounting them I see: Unmountable: No pool uuid

I've tried changing the drives back to one, changing the file system to btrfs & xfs without any luck. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on where to go from here?

I have attached the logs if they are of use to anyone.

tower-diagnostics-20210329-1836.zip

Edited by Jacobfllr
logs

At boot time only one of the cache devices (sdd) had a valid btrfs filesystem and it didn't mount with this error:

Mar 27 20:11:45 Tower emhttpd: /mnt/cache mount error: Too many missing/misplaced devices

This suggests the pool wasn't redundant, you can see here for some recovery options, from sdd only, but even if it works and the pool wasn't redundant it won't be complete.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, JorgeB said:

At boot time only one of the cache devices (sdd) had a valid btrfs filesystem and it didn't mount with this error:

Mar 27 20:11:45 Tower emhttpd: /mnt/cache mount error: Too many missing/misplaced devices

This suggests the pool wasn't redundant, you can see here for some recovery options, from sdd only, but even if it works and the pool wasn't redundant it won't be complete.

I believe it was set up for redundancy originally but I had stopped the array, removed all cache drives, started the array in hopes that I could then stop the array and reassign the cache devices correctly. I do have an appdata backup thankfully. Do you see any options to attempt recovering this config or would it just be wise to format and restart? Ideally I would like to check out the data that was on these drives before formatting them.