Issues with Bitwarden SMTP

[Please see screenshots below]

https://imgur.com/a/1pzUyXX 

I recently installed Bitwarden onto my Unraid Server through docker and have been unable to set up SMTP. No matter what I try I am unable to send a test email. I have tried well over a dozen different combinations of settings inside the Admin menu, enabled less secure apps in Gmail, and tried 587, 465, 25 for ports.

Background:

I followed SpaceInvader One's videos on how to link my domain name with Cloudflare, setup DDNS in docker, set up a reverse proxy using swag, and install Bitwarden on Unraid. I'm currently using Gmail Workspace as my email provider for the domain name so I can have an email address like [email protected]. When he gets into setting up SMTP settings he uses mail.hisdomain.com for the host but wouldn't work for me. I don't have 2FA set up for the account it's brand new. I've tried smtp.gmail.com, mail.mydomain.com, the mail servers Google told me to use for my MX records. Nothing seems to work and I'm not sure what I'm missing.

I had some issues setting mine up as well.  You have to enable the "less secure apps" in Gmail for it to work.

Enabled - check true

Host - smtp.gmail.com

Enable Secure SMTP - check box for true

Force TLS - unchecked

Port -587

From Address - I used my gmail account

Username and Password for Gmail account.

After entering all the information be sure to hit "Save" button on the bottom left of the page before sending the test email.

14 hours ago, Gragorg said:

I had some issues setting mine up as well.  You have to enable the "less secure apps" in Gmail for it to work.

Enabled - check true

Host - smtp.gmail.com

Enable Secure SMTP - check box for true

Force TLS - unchecked

Port -587

From Address - I used my gmail account

Username and Password for Gmail account.

After entering all the information be sure to hit "Save" button on the bottom left of the page before sending the test email.

I tried that but it didnt change anything, still getting the same error.