Docker infection?

Yesterday I noticed my cpu was maxed out and found a docker that I had not added was running. "zealous_wu".  I stopped and removed it and everything returned to normal.  this morning i have another docker that appeared 2 hours ago called "fervent_roentgen".

Is my system infected and what should I do?

2 minutes ago, sparklyballs said:

Docker containers are titled with an adjective followed by a scientist by default if they are unnamed locally.

I know docker created those names. We suspect someone has hacked the user and created a docker on their machine, likely crypto mining or some such. Other cases of that and even worse happening to new users lately, hence the link Squid posted above.

12 minutes ago, trurl said:

I know docker created those names. We suspect someone has hacked the user and created a docker on their machine, likely crypto mining or some such. Other cases of that and even worse happening to new users lately, hence the link Squid posted above.

Need to run

docker ps -a

to get the image name that the container is using and find out where the image is coming from and what it is.

Edited by sparklyballs
code block
  • Thanks 1